finding a body?

M

mattjd

i have never heard of it happening, but I'm shure it could if you were in a cemetery that the geography has changed a bunch in. There could be a bone hand with a ring on it right below the surface.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No thanks, don't want any, I'll pass!

TOWcritter

When I was in high school a guy in my class was with a friend near Loch Raven Dam in Baltimore County. They were walking the stream and found what they thought was a manequin. NOT! They threw a couple of rocks etc...Wound up they went over and found a girls body that had been missing for a week or so. They were never the same after that. Don't know why, but I have always remembered that.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
A few years ago a cousion of mine was detecting an old hospital for thre criminally insane. He found the renains of a body.
It had been there for a long time, not sure if they ever ID'ed it, or not. It was on the news, and there was also an artical about it here on the web, but I can't find the link. The hospital had been know for it's creul and inhumane treament of it's patients since it's beginning. It went into opperation back in the early 1800's, and was eventually close in the 1970's. There are probably still bodies ( bones ) in there today.

RI-JenW

Feb 23, 2005
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I Ever Find Is Pull Tabs.? No Dead Bodies Yet.....? ?;)

Attachments

• skeleton.gif
    skeleton.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 673

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That gives me the creeps because across the road the neighborhood psycho picked up a few old stone grave markers so he could plow the area for more bushels! My brother-in-law saw them while hunting deer sheds, they are leaning against the fence that borders on my families' property. I've thought about turning him in but I doubt anything would be done.

YosemiteSam

Jan 23, 2005
I was detecting a cemetary once and got this really deep faint signal,dug and dug and dug Phew!
the sweat rolled from my brow ,seemed like I dug to china ,but at about the six foot deep mark and my pinpointer in hand..............................hey just kiddin ;D ;D ;D ;D

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
A friend of mine was on a routine reservoir inspection once, and in about 40 ft of water he found a snowmobile helmet.. And, it wasn't empty... You know, it's difficult, but you 'can' actually blow chunks through the oral/nasal of a Superlite, and right out the second stage exhaust...

Attachments

• sl27t.gif
    sl27t.gif
    4 KB · Views: 647

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Hunted a friends house site a few years back. Was interesting for a while. Was at one time a hotel, brothel, and a mortuary. Just west of the house started pulling up small metal pieces w/wood attached-turned out to be pieces of casket. Just said a kind word, reburied pieces in hole and left, don't know if bones were next-but decided that there were greener pastures elsewhere

OP
OP
omnicognic

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
GunFarce, I once spewed while diving, that IS a scary event: 1.) remove regulator. 2.) spew.
3.) reinsert regulator. 4.) clear regulator. 5.) breathe. 6.) repeat steps 1-6 as necessary! but hey the fish loved it! ;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually,

this is a big fear of mine while scuba diving!

Haven't run across any drown person laying on the bottem yet (and hope I don't)!

HH

Lonewolfe

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
I don't like this information thats being put on here.? :-\ Though if you happen to bump into a persons body.Very Important!Do not touch anything or remove anything including around the area of the find also! Items found could be part of a crime seen! You could mess up finger prints and any thing that could lead to the persons reason of death!
Call your local Police and let them know where it is.The other reason is you could end up being part of the crime seen and you would also be in big trouble for obstructing the law ....Period!
Note: I am not a police officer or that of..I took a class that showed what police do and some of this kind of information was presented as part of the class.

C

Carl in CO

The serrated edge was put on the Leshe tool for a reason. Bloated fingers, what else. Drop the whole thing in your pouch and throw it in the tumbler when you get home.

S

SASQUASH

Re: WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU FIND A BODY 101

I have found two bodies in the last year. One was INDIAN the other was MURDER. 6 months 500 miles apart. I still have a tooth with the shoot gun lead embedded in it. What you do when you find a body CALL THE CORANOR no matter what. SASQUASH <><

S

SASQUASH

Hear is the tooth with the shootgun led still in it. SASQUASH

Attachments

• tooth2.JPG
    tooth2.JPG
    4.3 KB · Views: 565

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find sasquash. Strange But Cool :)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omnicognic said:
GunFarce, I once spewed while diving, that IS a scary event: 1.) remove regulator. 2.) spew.
3.) reinsert regulator. 4.) clear regulator. 5.) breathe. 6.) repeat steps 1-6 as necessary! but hey the fish loved it! ;)

GROSS!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread