Secret second Earth that could be home to ALIENS will be exposed tomorrow

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, okay, I know this is the Sun, sometimes cartoonish - but, if this is true, HECK YEAH!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16574...d-be-home-to-aliens-will-be-exposed-tomorrow/

NEW WORLD REVEALED ‘Secret second Earth’ that could be home to ALIENS will be exposed tomorrow

Astronomers expected to announce discovery of potentially habitable planet orbiting nearby star
by JASPER HAMILL and MATTHEW DUNN
23rd August 2016, 9:59 am

ASTRONOMERS are preparing to announce the discovery of a potentially habitable second Earth orbiting a nearby star, it has been claimed.

Last month, sources leaked news that the European Southern Observatory (ESO) had spotted an alien world orbiting Proxima Centauri, our closest stellar neighbour.

An anonymous source from the ESO told German publication Der Spiegel the discovery is the closest habitable planet to Earth, which means we could reach it within our lifetime.

It is not yet known whether the second Earth could support living organisms

But the astonishing finding was not officially announced, sparking furious speculation that the second Earth has deliberately been kept a secret.

Now the ESO is set to finally reveal details of the planet at a press conference tomorrow and astronomers are also likely to discuss whether it has the potential to support life.

“The still nameless planet is believed to be Earth-like and orbits at a distance to Proxima Centauri that could allow it to have liquid water on its surface — an important requirement for the emergence of life,” the source said.

“Never before have scientists discovered a second Earth that is so close by.”

Since its launch in 2009, NASA’s planet finding Kepler Spacecraft has discovered more than 4000 exoplanet candidates.

Of these, there have been 216 Earth-like located within the Goldilocks Zone — the region around a star in which the surface temperature of an orbiting planet might support water.

The problem is that while most of these Earth-like planets are habitable, they are located thousands of light years away, which means they are out of our reach.

Astronomers from the observatory had previously claimed to have found the then-closest exoplanet to Earth in 2012, although subsequent analysis cast doubt on its existence.

Despite this misstep, the unnamed source claim this latest discovery is authentic and the result of intensive work.

“Finding small celestial bodies is a lot of hard work,” the source said.
“We were moving at the technically feasible limit of measurement.”

If the findings are correct, Russian billionaire Yuri Milner’s search for intelligent life could focus on heading to the planet.

As part of Milner’s plans, Project Starshot intends to send a laser-sail driven-nanocraft to Alpha Centauri — the closest star system to the Solar System — in the coming years.

With the craft able to travel up to 20 per cent of the speed of light, if Project Starshot was to rethink its objective, it would be able to reach the Earth-like planet orbiting Proxima Centauri in less than 20 years.

However, mastermind of Project Starshot Professor Phillip Lubin said the focus will likely stay on Alpha Centauri.

“The discovery of possible planet around Proxima Centauri is very exciting. It makes the case of visiting nearby stellar systems even more compelling, though we know there are many exoplanets around other nearby stars and it is very likely that the Alpha Centauri system will also have planets,” he told Universe Today.

The European Southern Observatory are expected to officially announce the finding at the end of August.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ADS!! Verrry Interesting, but I think I will pass on that trip!! He He!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Heard about one of these five years ago. Was not sure on all the details of the planet really; what had happened was some American Scientist working in Germany started getting some very crazy death threats. Well the best way to make it on any bad list is to threaten and Americans life, especially overseas.

Germany police said it had something to do with the new earth like planet that is like 120 times bigger than earth. The USDOJ must have thought highly of this man because they used up a great deal of resources in having us tasked out to look into matter. I did not have very much personal dealings with the man my self because the leads we got from the local authorities did not fall under the same laws as us so I was off busy sorting that mess out.

But after the man was arrested I got a pretty good understanding that some new planet close to us was out there and looks much like earth and that Europe presented it to the UAE who was funding a probe to go that way. The man arrested said it was all against God and that he NEEDED to kill everyone involved with it.

Not that it matters but the man was Muslim, and from what I learned was that many Islamic groups have been funding a great deal of space research since 1999 and that it was only growing stronger and that many old fashion Muslims where very much against this.

I spoke with a NASA investigator who flew over and he said this was very common with many faiths and that NASA sees a great deal of these sorts every year.

About once every two years our Team lands some odd ball off the wall investigation that exposes us to subjects that make you say things like "sorry, what was that", "did you say", "have you taken your meds today". We get called in normally not to lead any investigation but because of the limited laws we must follow. Such things being well out of our scope of work only makes us think that someone knew someone very high up.

If one thing I have learned in all my years is that crazies are not limited to just a few areas.

So now every time I read something like this I have to wonder what poor fella is being threatened in the name of God over all this.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good...

We are running out of places to dig for treasures here :P

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep earlier this Year I saw something on TV about a "second Earth" type Planet.
(feels like a Month ago.. but time flies)
If it's the same one, It's obviously not new news.
& the sun is way behind the times here :laughing7:

Actually if I remember right, the story on tv said there is most likely Millions of similar planets out here
but they were taking bout the Closest one. Still too Far for a summer vacation

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Us "little ones" back in the 50's lived for Sci-Fi movies. It was like "Wow" for us then.

And now pushing sixty years later, we need MORE HUBBLES :)

And more investment in the universe surrounding us to the depths of our imaginations.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Read about this again in BBC. Confirmation from a Chilean telescope. Planet is orbiting a red dwarf star, but it considerably closer to it than Earth is. Planet also receiving massive amounts of radiation, but surface temperature could have free water or at least water.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yep earlier this Year I saw something on TV about a "second Earth" type Planet.
(feels like a Month ago.. but time flies)
If it's the same one, It's obviously not new news.
& the sun is way behind the times here :laughing7:

Actually if I remember right, the story on tv said there is most likely Millions of similar planets out here
but they were taking bout the Closest one. Still too Far for a summer vacation
Got to build a BIGGER WALL!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have already bought real estate up there. I got a really good deal on flee bay. You all need to invest in this one......

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I have already bought real estate up there. I got a really good deal on flee bay. You all need to invest in this one......

Yeah so I heard, right now I am locked in with trying to sell my Beach Front property in Luxembourg. I was going to invest in some things from the Philippines as it seems there is always a new user on here with a new record setting rock, bar, box or something; but honestly I would rather go to this new place.

I figure once I get there and kill off millions of the locals and damn the few to small plots of lands I might name reservations I will then invent tons new laws that only benefit me and other people where I come from because after all it is there fault for being there first and making me travel half way around the galaxy just to tell them everything they are doing is wrong and teach them how to conform to my ways or die.

I figure with any luck I can find a nation there that has some highly ignorant people I will make work for free, sort of like that myth slavery and then use them to construct the biggest electro anti-Dem fence in the galaxy with signs posted all over it that states "nothing Politically correct beyond this point" "All violators will be deported the United States of Clinton".

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah so I heard, right now I am locked in with trying to sell my Beach Front property in Luxembourg. I was going to invest in some things from the Philippines as it seems there is always a new user on here with a new record setting rock, bar, box or something; but honestly I would rather go to this new place.

I figure once I get there and kill off millions of the locals and damn the few to small plots of lands I might name reservations I will then invent tons new laws that only benefit me and other people where I come from because after all it is there fault for being there first and making me travel half way around the galaxy just to tell them everything they are doing is wrong and teach them how to conform to my ways or die.

I figure with any luck I can find a nation there that has some highly ignorant people I will make work for free, sort of like that myth slavery and then use them to construct the biggest electro anti-Dem fence in the galaxy with signs posted all over it that states "nothing Politically correct beyond this point" "All violators will be deported the United States of Clinton".
I am going for the huge boulders of solid gold that are up there. All those new minerals just for the landowner. Just waiting for my mail order rocket that I have ordered.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a new article from Fox, a lot more info:

New neighbor: Scientists discover closest habitable exoplanet | Fox News

By Rob Verger Published August 24, 2016 FoxNews.com

Scientists have discovered that the star closest to Earth outside of our solar system has a planet. And not only that, if the conditions there are right, it could potentially support life.

Meet Proxima b, a terrestrial planet orbiting a small star called Proxima Centauri, and our nearest planetary neighbor beyond the solar system. It's just a little over four light years away.

Proxima b is at least 1.3 times the size of Earth. While it’s very close to the star it orbits, a red dwarf, that star is also much smaller and dimmer than our Sun, meaning that the temperature conditions on the planet could allow liquid water to exist on its surface. That puts it in the "habitable zone," or "temperate zone." But one important factor is whether or not it has an atmosphere, which scientists don’t yet know.

“Succeeding in the search for the nearest terrestrial planet beyond the solar system has been an experience of a lifetime, and has drawn on the dedication and passion of a number of international researchers,” Guillem Anglada-Escudé, the paper’s lead author and an astronomer at Queen Mary University of London, said in a statement. “We hope these findings inspire future generations to keep looking beyond the stars. The search for life on Proxima b comes next.”

There are distinct differences between Proxima b and Earth. For one, the exoplanet— as planets outside of our solar system are called— orbits its star about every 11 days. It also may orbit in such a way that one side is locked always facing the star, meaning that half the planet is always bright and hot and the other is always dark and cold. And it receives more radiation from the star than Earth does from the Sun.

Scientists studied how the star, Proxima Centauri, moves slowly— just 3 mph— towards the Earth and away from it through space, to determine that it had a planet orbiting it every 11.2 days. Proxima b is just 4.3 million miles from Proxima Centauri, while Earth is much further away from the Sun, at about 93 million miles distant. Scientists have studied the possibility that there was a planet in this system for years.

“These observations naturally raise the question of whether Proxima Centauri b could harbour life,” Artie Hatzes, of the Thuringian State Observatory in Germany, wrote in an article in the journal Nature, where the study will be published, regarding the discovery. “However, circling a star at the right distance is no guarantee that the planet has liquid water, or even an atmosphere that can support life.”

The high-profile study concludes by stating that Proxima Centauri could be a good target for “robotic exploration in the coming centuries.”

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread