Big hunt tomorrow and can't get to sleep tonight - how does apprehension work?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been a month since I've been out swinging, many things got in the way, cataract surgery and other things. But Indian Steve and I are going out tomorrow. I've been so apprehensive today I even swapped out to the 17" coil on the CTX. I've this feeling Steve and I will do pretty darned good tomorrow.

So, let's see just how much does "positive energy" really count. Wish us luck! I'll post and catch everyone up to date tomorrow later. We gonna dig in some dirt :)

Like, it's midnight and I'm still up & posting?

We'll see. Keep the faith.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HH! Good Luck, today! Get it before the SNOW on Saturday/Sunday... AND! SPRING FORWARD on yer clocks, etc... SATURDAY night!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
If it weren't for fellow TNetters I wouldn't even be aware of the time change. Retirement really sucks (NOT!!!)

And holy smokes I'm sore today! Swinging that 17" coil for 3 hours catches up to you!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how did the 17 incher work for you? ?
Any cannonballs? ?
I would be too tired to dig out a cannonball after swinging that coil all day. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am still sore today. I dug around 100 targets total, up & down & swinging that 17" coil, if I did that 3 times a week for 3 hours at a time I'd be in absolutely great physical condition = provided I lived through it!

I'd posted another thread about the hunt itself, 3rd straight hunt with a piece of silver jewelry at that particular location.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear that the coil itself is working as designed. Did you notice any significant difference in depth and what was the deepest target you recovered?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The soil around here turns hard pack at about 6", so that's about the deepest I dug any signals at. Honestly after about 2 hours of swinging it I got pretty particular about what FE/CO numbers I'd dig! My main need of the 17" is in coverage area per swing for those big fields we hit. Kinda felt like I was getting the coverage of a toothpick with the 11" coil :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread