The "WILVER" poll

Rate the WILVER joke

• HILARIOUS! Funniest thing since "Where's The Beef"!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I thought it was funny the first couple of times I heard it but now it's kinda played out

• Neither funny or annoying. I just ignore it.

• I secretly want to kill people who use the word WILVER.

• Total voters

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Re: The "WILVER" poll

bigcypresshunter said:
KirkPA said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I originaly ignored it but now it has become annoying. Childish in my opinion; but this is a children's site as well as for adults. :D

Jealousy overwhelming you, dude? hahaha Get a sense of humor.

HH!

WILVER! :'( :-*
Its really not that funny. Seriously, you are beating it to death and embarrassing yourself. Try being a little humble. Just my opinion. HH

Seriously, I don't care what you dudes think about me. I just like to have fun with things. I respect your opinion...I am humble, dude...check out my posts...they are very humble. :)

HH to you, bud!

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

BTW I voted "neither funny nor annoying". "Secretly wanting to kill someone" is going a bit too far, of course. ;D Maybe I was a bit harsh. If anything it caught my attention, I wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. Until now I had never read a post by KirkPA. I am glad to meet you and I will try to read your future postings. You may be forever remembered as the dude that found silver with his Whites and called it wilver. :D

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk, I enjoy reading your post. Every generation has a language of their own. I realize that you are having fun and expressing yourself in your own way. Two weeks ago I went to see my son at boyscout camp. He had been gone a week and I was excited to see him. Upon finding him I asked "Hows my little buddy doing?" His reply "Great dude"....I went from dad to dude in a week.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO

I need a "none of the above" I just thought some poor guy couldn"t spell any better than me.
WILVERWEDE.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

I'm almost 43 and still laugh at fart jokes...

I understand the need to act silly, which this is, no matter the age.

Yea it's getting old - but - so what, we is who we is... and lots of folks are keeping it alive so... who the hell am I to stomp the fire out when that fire might be keeping someone warm?

OP
OP
incajoe

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS

Funny...I really meant this as a lighthearted poking of fun. Obviously my poll choices reflect my disinterest in the term but I hope you guys (and girls) don't really think I'm serious that I might want to kill someone for using the term "wilver". I figured my sarcasm was easily identified by the over the top poll choices. I will point out the fact that I never stated my choice in the poll. I just let everyone else go at it because I was curious if anyone else out there had to roll their eyes every time someone used that phrase. All in all I don't really care if people use the term or not. Sometimes it's just fun to stir the pot a little, right?
Kirk, Keep on using the term if it makes you happy. I don't think anyone really has strong feelings on it either way. Although the poll did have surprising results!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

incajoe said:
Rate your opinion on the Wilver virus. I'll try to be neutral and not register my vote and we'll see where everyone else stands on this long running "joke".

Hmmm. The Wilver "virus"? Sounds contagious...AND DEADLY! Certainly not a nice thing to catch! Hmmm. This "Long Running 'joke' "?? I think the quotation marks in that statement say it all. You don't consider it a "joke," and you aren't neutral as much as you have endeavored to remain so. S'all good. All I gotta say is this:

WILVER ME!

-Buckles

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

I think Im starting to like it. :-\ :( :(

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I answered, I secretly want to kill people who use the word wilver. I was just messing around though. It really doesn't bother me. At first I thought it was a little "funny"
(and I don't mean funny ha-ha) ;D but i'm over that. It's all in good fun and I have no problem with it. WHODATHUNKIT? :)

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Before I knew who started I voted for #4 and we all know the killing part is sarcasm. When I first saw it I thought it was a little fairish or childlike.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I'm glad you started this thread. I've been scratching my head everytime I see the "wilver" word. I had no clue where it came from...I even did a little search to find out what the joke was. I guess I'm officially out of the loop. ;)

You have to admit one thing....KirkDude is never boring....sometimes amusing...but never boring. ;) ;D

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

I never read the joke either, I was commenting on the word. If you told a joke tell it again so we can see what's up.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am to old to enjoy anything but a good fart. Everything else is to young for me. So I am indifferent to it all. Eat beans and enjoy life.
Burdie

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

KirkPA said:
...I love my celeb status! hahaha
They say everyone will get their 50 seconds of fame. ;) ;) :D

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X

Let KirkPA call it anything he wants. There are a lot worse things that young people could be doing. I wish a lot of the thugs on the streets were metal detecting and using the word WILVER instead of smoking crack and robbing people. If someone using the term wilver is your biggest problem, you don't have a problem or don't know what a real problem is.

Call it anything you want Kirk. The only person you have to please is yourself, that is till you get a wife.
Bob

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

BobPA said:
Let KirkPA call it anything he wants. There are a lot worse things that young people could be doing. I wish a lot of the thugs on the streets were metal detecting and using the word WILVER instead of smoking crack and robbing people. If someone using the term wilver is your biggest problem, you don't have a problem or don't know what a real problem is.

Call it anything you want Kirk. The only person you have to please is yourself, that is till you get a wife.
Bob
Hey wait a minute. Nobody is saying KirkPA is not a great dude/kid. We are asked to rate a word or joke.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ever since reading this post I cant get the great Burl Ives hit out of my head "Wilver and GOLD". Rudolph rocks!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

stevesno said:
Ever since reading this post I cant get the great Burl Ives hit out of my head "Wilver and GOLD". Rudolph rocks!

Silver & Gold

click twice...

[youtube=425,350]bj5pQMkQqKM[/youtube]

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

to "kill" unholy things you need to shoot it with a Wilver bullet !!! thus it can not die you can't use a wilver bullet on a Wilverbeast!!! ;D ;D Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread