How can someone with internet access be so Foolish ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000111.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL They must be stocking up on Video Games in Nigeria :laughing7:

oooo0000.jpg

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An ex co-worker found himself in a similar Craigslist scam when selling a power tool. The 'buyer' had sent a money gram or bank check of some sort which was deposited into the sellers account. Many banks clear these forged checks without due diligence and in this case the scammer buyer sent a bank check well in excess of ten times the asking price for the tool. The seller is supposed to wire the extra funds back to the buyer. Seller ends up losing his money to the scammer and the bank when they finally catch on.
I warned him about what he was getting into on the day he was to mail the hammer-drill and and wire the excess funds to the buyer. This guy was a big time ass clown and I debated telling him but in the end I took pity on his stupidity and saved him $1400.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jeff, if you connect a bunch of those gaming systems, you can create a pretty powerful computer ... or at least that is what some middle eastern countries thought back around 9/11. My computer shop was getting hit with requests for Playstations by folks from the middle east on an hourly basis. Actually had to create a filter that automatically sent to spam any emails with playstation in them.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm working on a new play station program. It will automatically launch a missile towards North Korea, the minute it is turned on in Nigeria. They do have missiles in Nigeria, don't they? lol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread