Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: So depressed, dog missing

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Deus XP, AT Pro, Racer 2, Ace 400
    2274 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by PullTabSlayer View Post
    Most dogs will find their way home if left alone, however most people that see a dog wandering wont leave it alone, odds are someone took him in.
    Nailed it - Got him back today.

The night he disappeared and I was driving around looking for him, I saw a lady walking and stopped and asked is she had seen a dog, she said no.
    Me and my nephew put up a bunch of flyers next night, today at work I got a call, she said are you the guy who lost a dog ? I said yes, she said I know where your dog is. I said where ? [Wasn't too excited with this, she really sounded flaky to the point of being mentally handicapped, so I thought there was a good chance she was playing games].
    She said he is tied up in a yard ,, I asked her how she knows its my dog, she said I have seen you walking your dog before, I am the one you stopped and asked if I had seen your dog. I know your dog, it is him.

So that perked me up, I again asked where and she said she would like to meet in person and tell me, and asked there is a reward, right ? [She had seen one of the flyers we put up, thats how she got my number]
    I said yes indeed. Luckily I was working only 15 minutes away so I arraigned to meet her at my noon break.
    So we met and she told me exactly where he was, she said I just saw him, he is tied to a garage in the back yard. She asked please please, don't tell them I told you, just say you were walking around and saw him. I said don't worry about that, I'm getting my dog and am not going to take any questions from these guys.
    It was right down the block and as I pulled up I saw my dog and he heard my truck and stood up, he was roped to a garage. So I slammed on my brakes and jumped out, by the time I got to the gate he was there, must have easily slipped off the rope .
    Gate was tied with a long bungy in knots, I had a razor knife on me and cut it and recovered my boy. Didn't hear or see anyone from the house.
    Took him home, couldn't spend time rejoicing as I had to try to make it back to work on time, so before I sped off back to work I went back to the lady and gave her $100.

Guys that had my dogs are arabic teens, no telling what they might have had planned, maybe to sell to a cousin as a junk yard dog in Detroit or something. Disappointed my dog allowed himself to be captured like that, hopefully will learn a lesson - When I got him in my truck he was shaking like a leaf, apparently 2 days and nights tied to a garage wasn't much to his liking.
    DeepseekerADS, RW, Kace and 4 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2303 times
    Prospecting
    Very glad to hear you got him back! One lesson from this is to lock your gate. In the event someone wanted to steal him, it means they'd have to lift him over the fence. Not a big deal, but just one more obstacle for them to overcome. The lock also prevents kids, or anybody else, from leaving the gate open. There are professional dog thieves among us. Large breeds are especially desired. Don't make it easy for them.
    Jim

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    2274 times
    Metal Detecting
    Not too worried about a backyard theft, he is very protective of the property and would likely attack intruders, outside he is just the opposite.

Wouldn't be a bad idea anyhow, my last dog learned how to lift the latch with his snout, didn't put a lock on it but a put a carbiner clip in the hole to prevent him from nosing his way out. Anyone could take out the clip, but beyond a dogs capabilities.

Charter Member
    us
    random chat thread member

Jul 2017
    Texas
    bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2
    3616 times
    Metal Detecting
    great news so happy for you

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX SPECTRUM E SERIES
    1310 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I'm happy you got your pup back!!

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    15807 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Great news,, I would cruise by the house where you found him. If you spot another dog tied up in that yard, it's time to call the ASPCA, or whatever it is called in your town. These guys may be up to no good.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    11624 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    File a police report. May prevent someone else's animal from getting "lost".
    jeff-gordon likes this.

Charter Member

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    9956 times
    Metal Detecting
    the radio here in my town reported that some dogs are being taken, mutilated then returned

there are some very sick people out there
    MASS LET ME DOWN, ANYWAY TO SKIP IRON ON A SANDSHARK?

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    2274 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by against the wind View Post
    Great news,, I would cruise by the house where you found him. If you spot another dog tied up in that yard, it's time to call the ASPCA, or whatever it is called in your town. These guys may be up to no good.
    Good idea, in fact I have been eyeballing that house and easily visible back yard every time I go by there.
    I detailed how I had to cut a bungy rope knotted around the driveway gates to get my dog out, these guys are so lazy and stupid they can't even fix a gate latch, they have a bike roped up to the gates [probably the same rope they used to tie up my dog] to keep them shut.
    Come to think of it, I have seen dogs there before, during the summer I remember there was a nice husky/shepard mix and I walked up to the gate to let them sniff noses, never seen him after that - And I keep track of dogs, there aren't many around here.

As far as a police report, don't think I have any basis for doing that. As far as they are concerned, they found a stray dog and restrained him. I might even get a ticket out of it for failing to keep my dog under control.

Aug 2016
    MI
    ETRAC
    1409 times
    Very glad you were reunited with your dog! Can't understand why some people on this planet do what they do!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links