🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
although I have dug ant Nests.
Some stink pretty bad,
almost like Bleach.

I'v never paid attention to what I found, When
this happend.

I'll have to remember next time it happens.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting this because i was afraid to. :-X.That happens to me and i find my self swinging over ant nests and theres a coin.I cant understand why or give a reason for it but its weird.I wonder whats under fire ants nests but i wouldnt try it. 8) AA

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always figured "them" darn ants was eating the edges off my pennies....now I have believers..lol I have noticed that a lot in the last few weeks..and those little buggers can bite like alligators...

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I strongly believe the Govt should be looking at
the 'Fire Ant' problem much closer.
They are so thick here in OK, that you can't sit on
the ground, or even stand for very long in one place.
I left a paint tray upside down for two days, & the
ants had started to move in & make a nest.

Fossis..........

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
How would you like it, if a giant came up on your home and ripped your roof off just to get a piece of metal on you coffee table??? :D Just kidding.

Ants here have been a none stop problem, constantly invading if any food if left out or HEAT!!!!too hot out.

To answer your question; I think the coin collect moisture for the ants to drink from?????

RD

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Went hunting again last night. Ants in every hole I found a coin. I think it is a conspiracy. :)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The warden says copper is sweet thats why they make copper bits for horses ??? AA

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow and i thought that i was the only one that happened too!!!! :D

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
mastereagle22 said:
Went hunting again last night. Ants in every hole I found a coin. I think it is a conspiracy. :)
Maybe bigger ants means bigger coins.... ;) :D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mastereagle22 what is going on? Today the ant thing happened again but it wasnt a coin it was a hunk of metal.Is it evolution?

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i just found this post but its been happening to me also , when i get a good signal go to dig and soon as i get the grass off of the top ,,,, ants , thought it was kinda weird myself

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I used to think (years ago) I was actually detecting the ant hills themselves... weird. I would get signals on the actual spots where the hills were... and would rarely find anything. I posted here a long time ago about that phenomenon.

Today however I feel that it's just plain likely you'll dig ants! The damned things are everyplace!

The challenge is this - go to your detecting spot and randomly dig a plug/hole... chances are you'll find ants.

aa battery said:
The warden says copper is sweet thats why they make copper bits for horses ??? AA

The warden is correct! Sweet iron and copper promote saliva in the horses mouth, which lubricates the bit, which makes the tack more comfy... and also gives the horse something to do - they tongue-at and play with the bit - and the cycle continues...

Maybe ant's like copper... I dunno.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Yes and I also see a lot of grubs here as well. So I wonder if the ants are eating the grubs. I know the moles love them. I have never dug a hole and found ants where there wasn't either a coin, or a piece of copper, brass or silver. Maybe it has something to do with the ionic charge of the coins??

I don't know I am not a scientist.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iam going to find someone that has a master in antology and ask um. 8) AA

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
mastereagle22 said:
Hello

Recently when digging signals I notice that a lot of time when I open the ground to pull a coin out I find Ants all over the place. Now I don't find the ants around pull tabs and nails and such usually but almost always when around coins. Has anyone else noticed this or I am just imagining this???

I have noticed this trend myself,and found it a bit odd thanks for bringing this to light.

Disclaimer: I wouldn't seek out ant mounds and dig into them,I tried this in my area thinking there may be something buried under it and only found myself amongst alot of angry ants and not one coin. ;D

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
orkin.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread