Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Now this guy has just too much money

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2188 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I hope that the car is safe. I wish that I had that kind of money.
    pepperj and Simon1 like this.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia - La Florida
    JW 8X - ML X2
    21484 times
    Hope that car does not make a re-entry and land on my house...

Still playing David Bowie no less.
    pepperj and Simon1 like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - Try the Random Picture Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...hare-tnet.html

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    24602 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320 View Post
    Can you hear/feel much from 50 miles out? I'm taking my kids down this summer if the Falcon Heavy gets another go. I want to be close enough for a great experience but not so close to have to deal with traffic/park jams and morons.
    You can't hear it but it was very visible, like a giant roman candle ball going up. If you go early you go watch it from Playlinda beach which is at the Cape Canaveral National Sea shore which is very close. You can also watch it from the various bridges going over to the beaches as they have pedestrian walks. It was a 2 hour traffic jam getting out of the local area after the launch yesterday.
    pepperj and 1320 like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    24602 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    Thanks for your insight on this matter Treasure Hunter, its great to hear input from those that lived and breathed around the time that they sent them up into space.
    I witnessed America's first man in to space on May 5, 1961 when we sent Alan Shepard Jr up. I also watch the launch of the Space shuttle Columbia on its last flight when it was destroyed or re-entry. Watched many of the Shuttle launches, as well as several of the Mercury and Apollo launches, one of the benefits of living in Florida.
    Armor9, pepperj and Simon1 like this.

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

us
    Jul 2006
    Jefferson, Ga
    BH LRP 1265X, GoldBug II
    1284 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sawmill man View Post
    Well i hate to sound stupid ,and i really thought this was a commercial, so you guys are saying they did send a car to space ,really? why ? what purpose ?
    This was their first launch of this type so consider it a test for future launch's. I guess the car was just added weight to see how the rocket responds to a certain sized load. They could have used bricks or cross ties of a similar weight but sending the Electric Automobile into deep space is much more noticeable and dramatic. The cost of the car is negligible compared to the overall mission test.
    Those are my thoughts and I'm sticking to it.
    Marvin
    Last edited by GA_Boy; Feb 07, 2018 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spellin'
    pepperj, Limitool and Simon1 like this.
    The Wife says that I'm lazy.
    I
    tell her that I'm conserving energy.
    Beep, Beep.

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden µMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    2292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Watched the launch yesterday, 50 miles from launch pad and it looked like a giant roman candle going up. I haven"t see a rocket that big going up since the Saturn launches.

As a former photo interpreter for Air Force Intelligence 1967-1971 when I was in the Air Force I have no doubt at all the moon landings were real, I had one of the highest security clearances you could have.

To head off any problems please remember to keep politics out of thread.
    The most amazing thing about this country is that my freedom of speech is just as protected as yours TreasureHunter. No worries I am very respectful of the rules and guidelines on this forum not an ounce of politics was mentioned in my post nor will it be unles its in the properly designated section.

I do have some food for thought for you Treasure Hunter using the Socratic Method:

1. Where was the lunar buggy stored in the lunar lander?
    2. Where does the metamorphosis occur for the lunar lander into the lunar module that lands in the ocean?

How did it change from this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E607CBB-7DF3-44C1-A509-F5A5C701AEB7.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	1547671

To this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D424353A-AFAF-482E-9081-66A2546665C9.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	429.8 KB 
ID:	1547673

Anyway this is not the forum to discuss the “alternate “ truth deemed a conspiracy.

Cheers
    pepperj likes this.
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

us
    logger/ sawmill operator

Jun 2016
    KENTUCKY
    whites/ bh
    656 times
    Why not a good four wheel drive , i mean if theres aliens you know there gona carjack it . at lest give them a chance at some of them moon craters a sand dunes. i would hate to be a alien and have to drive a car.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    24602 times
    Not sure why your quoting freedom of speech, I never said anything other than to keep politics out of thread.

Waterscoop, rover was folded up and stored under the lander, it unpacks and unfolds just like most of the equipment. Here is a link to an old Popular Science story on it.

https://www.popsci.com/blog-network/...ar-moon#page-3

The lunar Module ascent stage that is the first picture posted was jettisoned when it returned Astronauts Armstrong and Aldrin Jr. to the CSM. Your posting two different vehicles, they did not return with the lunar Module that landed on the moon, it was jettisoned and the lunar module was left when they returned on the command and service module (CSM) to earth, the lunar rover and, lunar lander was all left behind, the rover on the moon, lander in space.
    pepperj likes this.

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36°60'
    2130 times
    2. Where does the metamorphosis occur for the lunar lander into the lunar module that lands in the ocean?
    They are two separate vehicles. The lunar lander and the command module. The way I understand, the "part that drops in the ocean" is the nose cone of the command module after the command module jettisons it's engine and related component.

But, all I really know about space travel is that I fly around the sun once a year.
    I cannot make you think. I can give you something to think about, but whether or not you choose to think about what is offered and how you think about it is entirely up to you. In the same manner, I cannot make you get offended. I have no control over your behavior. Getting offended, or keeping your cool is your choice. It is all up to YOU cupcake!

us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    820 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RGINN View Post
    I had a Chevy Vega once that I would have gladly put on a rocket ship and launched into outer space.
    Not one of Detroit's finest moments, the Vega. Strange engine in that thing. In '75, I went with the Pinto. Now THAT was a fine, well made vehicle! LOL.
    pepperj, RustyGold and Simon1 like this.

"You pretend to pay us, we pretend to work." --- Former Soviet Citizen

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    11094 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by sawmill man View Post
    Well i hate to sound stupid ,and i really thought this was a commercial, so you guys are saying they did send a car to space ,really? why ? what purpose ?
    They have to test a payload, so instead of a block of something he sent up his car.
    Simon1 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    24602 times
    Current locations of the Apollo Command Module Capsules (and Lunar Module crash sites)

Current locations of the Apollo Command Module Capsules (and Lunar Module crash sites)
    The Apollo Command Module Capsules are on display at various sites throughout the U.S. and the world. The Apollo Lunar Modules were deliberately targeted to impact the Moon to provide artificial moonquake sources for seismic experiments. The list below gives the locations of these displays and impacts.
    Apollo 6
    Command Module
    Fernbank Science Center, Atlanta, Georgia
    Apollo 7
    Command Module
    Frontiers of Flight Museum, Dallas, Texas
    Apollo 8
    Command Module
    Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, Illinois
    Apollo 9
    Command Module "Gumdrop"
    San Diego Air and Space Museum, San Diego, California
    Apollo 10
    Command Module "Charlie Brown"
    Science Museum, London, England
    Lunar Module "Snoopy"
    In heliocentric orbit

Apollo 11
    Command Module "Columbia"
    The National Air and Space Museum, Washington, D.C.
    Lunar Module "Eagle"
    Jettisoned from the Command Module on 21 July 1969 at 23:41 UT (7:41 PM EDT)
    Impact site unknown

Apollo 12
    Command Module "Yankee Clipper"
    Virginia Air and Space Center, Hampton, Virginia
    Lunar Module "Intrepid"
    Impacted Moon 20 November 1969 at 22:17:17.7 UT (5:17 PM EST)
    3.94 S, 21.20 W

Apollo 13
    Command Module "Odyssey"
    Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center, Hutchinson, Kansas
    (formerly at Musee de l'Air, Paris, France)
    Lunar Module "Aquarius"
    Burned up in Earth's atmosphere 17 April 1970

Apollo 14
    Command Module "Kitty Hawk"
    Visitor's Center, Kennedy Space Center, Florida
    (formerly at U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, Titusville, Florida)
    Lunar Module "Antares"
    Impacted Moon 07 February 1971 at 00:45:25.7 UT (06 February, 7:45 PM EST)
    3.42 S, 19.67 W

Apollo 15
    Command Module "Endeavor"
    USAF Museum, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio
    Lunar Module "Falcon"
    Impacted Moon 03 August 1971 at 03:03:37.0 UT (02 August, 11:03 PM EDT)
    26.36 N, 0.25 E

Apollo 16
    Command Module "Casper"
    U.S. Space and Rocket Center, Huntsville, Alabama
    Lunar Module "Orion"
    Released 24 April 1972, loss of attitude control made targeted impact impossible.
    Impact site unknown

Apollo 17
    Command Module "America"
    NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas
    Lunar Module "Challenger"
    Impacted Moon 15 December 1972 at 06:50:20.8 UT (1:50 AM EST)
    19.96 N, 30.50 E

Apollo-Soyuz
    Command Module
    California Science Center, Los Angeles, California
    Skylab 2 / Crew 1
    Command Module
    Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola, Florida
    Skylab 3 / Crew 2
    Command Module
    NASA Visitor Center at Great Lakes Science Center, Cleveland, Ohio
    Skylab 4 / Crew 3
    Command Module
    National Air and Space Museum, Washington, D.C.
    Impact Sites of the Apollo LM's and SIVB's
    More details on Apollo lunar landings[*] Landing Site References - the control network used and more precise coordinates for the landing, ALSEP, and LRRR sites
    Field Guide to American Spacecraft - Other spacecraft locations
    Apollo home page
    Lunar home page
    The Apollo 11 mission - Images, audio clips, and a brief history.
    NASA
    Author/Curator:
    Dr. David R. Williams, dave.williams@nasa.gov
    NSSDCA, Mail Code 690.1
    NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
    Greenbelt, MD 20771
    +1-301-286-1258

https://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetar...apolloloc.html
    RustyGold likes this.

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36°60'
    2130 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    They have to test a payload, so instead of a block of something he sent up his car.

If the dude was smart he would have sent up a couple of Guatemalan illegal aliens, which would have proved the existence of "space aliens". IIRC, somebody was offering $100,000 for proof of " space aliens".

Could have earned himself $100,000 instead of risking his coal burning car.
    I cannot make you think. I can give you something to think about, but whether or not you choose to think about what is offered and how you think about it is entirely up to you. In the same manner, I cannot make you get offended. I have no control over your behavior. Getting offended, or keeping your cool is your choice. It is all up to YOU cupcake!

us
    Oct 2010
    Georgia
    Teknetics T2SE
    1959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RGINN View Post
    I had a Chevy Vega once that I would have gladly put on a rocket ship and launched into outer space.
    Amen! Wouldn't that be a grand sight, but only if it explodes (wait, that would be its contemporary, the Pinto). My first car was a '73 Vega station wagon. It was only three years old when I bought it and already rusting out. Half the time, turn the key and not a peep, so I'd have to crawl under it and beat on the starter to get it to crank. Talk about catching hell at school. And what a chick magnet. Great times! BUT, unlike Elon Musk, I paid for every aspect of that car with my money, not from handouts. I don't have anything against electric cars, IF that is where the market leads. It's really not that different from Solyndra or welfare fraud, but that's just my nonpolitical opinion.
    pepperj likes this.

us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    AT Pro, Fisher F75 Limited, White M6, Lesche hand digger,Lesche Predator shovel.NEL Storm and Tornado coils.
    462 times
    Pretty darn entertaining.
    pepperj and RustyGold like this.
    Words not spoken never have to be defended

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links