CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched the launch yesterday, 50 miles from launch pad and it looked like a giant roman candle going up. I haven"t see a rocket that big going up since the Saturn launches.

As a former photo interpreter for Air Force Intelligence 1967-1971 when I was in the Air Force I have no doubt at all the moon landings were real, I had one of the highest security clearances you could have.

To head off any problems please remember to keep politics out of thread.

The most amazing thing about this country is that my freedom of speech is just as protected as yours TreasureHunter. No worries I am very respectful of the rules and guidelines on this forum not an ounce of politics was mentioned in my post nor will it be unles its in the properly designated section.

I do have some food for thought for you Treasure Hunter using the Socratic Method:

1. Where was the lunar buggy stored in the lunar lander?
2. Where does the metamorphosis occur for the lunar lander into the lunar module that lands in the ocean?

How did it change from this
9E607CBB-7DF3-44C1-A509-F5A5C701AEB7.jpeg

To this

D424353A-AFAF-482E-9081-66A2546665C9.png

Anyway this is not the forum to discuss the “alternate “ truth deemed a conspiracy.

Cheers

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why not a good four wheel drive , i mean if theres aliens you know there gona carjack it . at lest give them a chance at some of them moon craters a sand dunes. i would hate to be a alien and have to drive a car.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why your quoting freedom of speech, I never said anything other than to keep politics out of thread.

Waterscoop, rover was folded up and stored under the lander, it unpacks and unfolds just like most of the equipment. Here is a link to an old Popular Science story on it.

https://www.popsci.com/blog-network...rover-designing-and-unpacking-car-moon#page-3

The lunar Module ascent stage that is the first picture posted was jettisoned when it returned Astronauts Armstrong and Aldrin Jr. to the CSM. Your posting two different vehicles, they did not return with the lunar Module that landed on the moon, it was jettisoned and the lunar module was left when they returned on the command and service module (CSM) to earth, the lunar rover and, lunar lander was all left behind, the rover on the moon, lander in space.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2. Where does the metamorphosis occur for the lunar lander into the lunar module that lands in the ocean?

They are two separate vehicles. The lunar lander and the command module. The way I understand, the "part that drops in the ocean" is the nose cone of the command module after the command module jettisons it's engine and related component.

But, all I really know about space travel is that I fly around the sun once a year.:icon_thumright:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a Chevy Vega once that I would have gladly put on a rocket ship and launched into outer space.

Not one of Detroit's finest moments, the Vega. Strange engine in that thing. In '75, I went with the Pinto. Now THAT was a fine, well made vehicle! LOL.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well i hate to sound stupid ,and i really thought this was a commercial, so you guys are saying they did send a car to space ,really? why ? what purpose ?

They have to test a payload, so instead of a block of something he sent up his car.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Current locations of the Apollo Command Module Capsules (and Lunar Module crash sites)

Current locations of the Apollo Command Module Capsules (and Lunar Module crash sites)
The Apollo Command Module Capsules are on display at various sites throughout the U.S. and the world. The Apollo Lunar Modules were deliberately targeted to impact the Moon to provide artificial moonquake sources for seismic experiments. The list below gives the locations of these displays and impacts.
Apollo 6
Command Module
Fernbank Science Center, Atlanta, Georgia
Apollo 7
Command Module
Frontiers of Flight Museum, Dallas, Texas
Apollo 8
Command Module
Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, Illinois
Apollo 9
Command Module "Gumdrop"
San Diego Air and Space Museum, San Diego, California
Apollo 10
Command Module "Charlie Brown"
Science Museum, London, England
Lunar Module "Snoopy"
In heliocentric orbit

Apollo 11
Command Module "Columbia"
The National Air and Space Museum, Washington, D.C.
Lunar Module "Eagle"
Jettisoned from the Command Module on 21 July 1969 at 23:41 UT (7:41 PM EDT)
Impact site unknown

Apollo 12
Command Module "Yankee Clipper"
Virginia Air and Space Center, Hampton, Virginia
Lunar Module "Intrepid"
Impacted Moon 20 November 1969 at 22:17:17.7 UT (5:17 PM EST)
3.94 S, 21.20 W

Apollo 13
Command Module "Odyssey"
Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center, Hutchinson, Kansas
(formerly at Musee de l'Air, Paris, France)
Lunar Module "Aquarius"
Burned up in Earth's atmosphere 17 April 1970

Apollo 14
Command Module "Kitty Hawk"
Visitor's Center, Kennedy Space Center, Florida
(formerly at U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, Titusville, Florida)
Lunar Module "Antares"
Impacted Moon 07 February 1971 at 00:45:25.7 UT (06 February, 7:45 PM EST)
3.42 S, 19.67 W

Apollo 15
Command Module "Endeavor"
USAF Museum, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio
Lunar Module "Falcon"
Impacted Moon 03 August 1971 at 03:03:37.0 UT (02 August, 11:03 PM EDT)
26.36 N, 0.25 E

Apollo 16
Command Module "Casper"
U.S. Space and Rocket Center, Huntsville, Alabama
Lunar Module "Orion"
Released 24 April 1972, loss of attitude control made targeted impact impossible.
Impact site unknown

Apollo 17
Command Module "America"
NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas
Lunar Module "Challenger"
Impacted Moon 15 December 1972 at 06:50:20.8 UT (1:50 AM EST)
19.96 N, 30.50 E

Apollo-Soyuz
Command Module
California Science Center, Los Angeles, California
Skylab 2 / Crew 1
Command Module
Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola, Florida
Skylab 3 / Crew 2
Command Module
NASA Visitor Center at Great Lakes Science Center, Cleveland, Ohio
Skylab 4 / Crew 3
Command Module
National Air and Space Museum, Washington, D.C.
Impact Sites of the Apollo LM's and SIVB's
More details on Apollo lunar landings
[*] Landing Site References - the control network used and more precise coordinates for the landing, ALSEP, and LRRR sites
Field Guide to American Spacecraft - Other spacecraft locations
Apollo home page
Lunar home page
The Apollo 11 mission - Images, audio clips, and a brief history.
NASA
Author/Curator:
Dr. David R. Williams, [email protected]
NSSDCA, Mail Code 690.1
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, MD 20771
+1-301-286-1258

https://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apolloloc.html

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have to test a payload, so instead of a block of something he sent up his car.

If the dude was smart he would have sent up a couple of Guatemalan illegal aliens, which would have proved the existence of "space aliens". IIRC, somebody was offering $100,000 for proof of " space aliens".

Could have earned himself $100,000 instead of risking his coal burning car.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Chevy Vega once that I would have gladly put on a rocket ship and launched into outer space.

Amen! Wouldn't that be a grand sight, but only if it explodes (wait, that would be its contemporary, the Pinto). My first car was a '73 Vega station wagon. It was only three years old when I bought it and already rusting out. Half the time, turn the key and not a peep, so I'd have to crawl under it and beat on the starter to get it to crank. Talk about catching hell at school. And what a chick magnet. Great times! BUT, unlike Elon Musk, I paid for every aspect of that car with my money, not from handouts. I don't have anything against electric cars, IF that is where the market leads. It's really not that different from Solyndra or welfare fraud, but that's just my nonpolitical opinion.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Pretty darn entertaining. :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That launch and recovery of the boosters was phenomenal!! If you have any doubts about the greatness of our nation that was a shining example what Americans can do, this was private industry! No government, not the Russian, not the Chinese with all their scientists and full backing of their respective governments have ever pulled something like that off! And the car was a nice touch!

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God Bless America and all the veterans that have fought for everyone’s freedom of speech.
. 8B98EBD2-1D60-48DB-88FF-D53FA8A8BB75.jpeg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the video is "real" the roadster is tumbling and won't make it.

So I assume that was just a "mock up" for the benefit of folks with short attention spans who have to see things moving because they can't grasp the distances involved.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That launch and recovery of the boosters was phenomenal!! If you have any doubts about the greatness of our nation that was a shining example what Americans can do, this was private industry! No government, not the Russian, not the Chinese with all their scientists and full backing of their respective governments have ever pulled something like that off! And the car was a nice touch!

Truth be told Elon Mush ain't exactly a stellar example of the power of capitalism.

Tesla Motors Inc., SolarCity Corp. and Space Exploration Technologies Corp., known as SpaceX, together have benefited from an estimated $4.9 billion in government support, according to data compiled by The [L.A.]Times.
Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies

You are correct in principle, but the reality of the circumstance differs from your perception of what happened.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God Bless America and all the veterans that have fought for everyone’s freedom of speech.
. View attachment 1547795

Once I met a former PFC who fought in the Iraq war at the tavern. I told him "You keep telling war stories, I'll buy us a beer for every mohamedean you made into a casualty".

Man did we get shined up that night!

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why your quoting freedom of speech....[/COLOR][/FONT]

I mentioned freedom of speech because I didn’t agree with your point of view. I was only using it to make a point of how Awesome it is to live in this great country.

I don’t believe numerous NASA accounts of many past events. Their excuse of not having any of the telemetry information that got them to the moon and back is all I needed to hear to lose 100% faith in what they say and do.

NASA budget Is over 50 million dollars a day. YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY .You think with that kind of budget they could preserve the information tha got them to the moon and back.

Thank you and all the veterans for your service to this great country that gave me the right to express my opinion without ever feeling that I would be persecuted for my beliefs.

I will not say anything about this subject further.

2E655785-C52A-49D7-A9FA-E75520FCD387.jpeg

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Once I met a former PFC who fought in the Iraq war at the tavern. I told him "You keep telling war stories, I'll buy us a beer for every mohamedean you made into a casualty".

Man did we get shined up that night!

I always remembered the X pats that we chatted with over a stay at a guest house along the Mekong River.(25yrs ago)
One guy after a few days of general chit-chat he sat down at afternoon drinks (tea/lassi) and after a bit pulled out some photos of him standing beside an airplane. He told the story of it getting hit and I could see the many rays of sun casting holes through the body and the wings.
They made it back, from a place where they weren't in the first place-so basically if they went down it would not be a reading file for the general service administration.
It was interesting listening to men that did their part, for their country, have their pension, but don't want to have any part of the system ever again.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
If the dude was smart he would have sent up a couple of Guatemalan illegal aliens, which would have proved the existence of "space aliens". IIRC, somebody was offering $100,000 for proof of " space aliens".

Could have earned himself $100,000 instead of risking his coal burning car.

The Tesla Roadster is an electric car

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
The U.S. gets more than half its electricity from burning coal, and natural gas. About 40% comes from coal. Although you maybe could push a car with sunshine, waterfalls, and unicorn flatulence, making electricity is really all about the BTUs, and coal has the BTUs.

You lost me....lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread