Missing Gypsyheart????

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take care and know that you and your family are in my prayers. I lost my grandmother a couple of years ago at age 97. She was born and raised in the Ozarks. There is just something about hill folk that sets them apart from others. Theirs was a hard life but you would never know it by talking to them. Their wit, wisdom, strength and courage is in my opinion unsurpassed. I know that you have those traits and now I know where they came from. Your grandmother must be very proud....Steve

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how hard this can be for family, Its been only a little over 2 months ago that I lost my mom to the same thing. She wanted to come home as well from the hosptial. Hospice was a god send for us and made her very comfortable and was there for the entire family. Its been a double hit for us because shortly after her death my dad told us he had cancer as well. He starts radation tomorrow and my mom was 64, my dad is 76. His cancer isn't as advanced yet so there is still hope that he gets better. I will make the decesion shortly and probably leave my family behind here for school and stuff and I will stay with him through out the treatment 7wks. Its important for family to be there giving support or comfort. Tell your grandma that there are a whole lot of folks from TN, that prays for her and your family and that whenever a light goes out in heaven he searches until he finds the bightest one on earth to bring home. If you need anything or would just like someone to talk to pm and I will give you my number.
God Bless

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear the news Gypsy, be strong, & know
that we are all thinking of your family at this time.
My Grandmother, lived in the 'Ouachitas', all her life, & once
remarked that she had never seen the 'Ozarks', I felt bad that
I had never driven her just a few miles to see them.
Once when a modern wagon train went through town, someone asked her if she wanted to go see it, she said, honey, I saw the first ones.

Fossis..............

H

HillbillyTH

gypsyheart said:
Thank you everyone for your prayers and support.
My grandma is such a wonderful person and I owe so very much to her for the person I am today. She was born and raised in the Ozarks, Madison County Arkansas and taught me so much. From the time I was a little girl I was her shadow. Learned to sew,garden cook,can ,make moonshine,embroider, work hard all because of her.Plus I am sure I got my crazy sense of humor from her. Its sad to know that she is leaving us and that my girls wont have her in their life,but she is tired and its time for her to go home. She is the last of 11 brothers and sisters and she has always been amazed that she outlived everyone else in her family.
I appreciate all of you very much and your prayers.
Christy
Gypsy, You are in my prayers God bless you.
Dan

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thanks everyone .....I have got the driving time down to 6 hours one way.....came home early yesterday because kids had dentist appointments.....But its all worth it. Thank you all for the wonderful letters and pm's . I really do appreciate you all.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Christy...my thoughts, my prayers...they all go out for you and the girls. For your grandmother.........I know that God is watching over her...I know it.

--Mel

borninok

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
Yup, Yup, all the above Gypsy girl, we're here for ya. :) Just re-read this thread anytime ya need a liitle kick 'o the juice ta get ya goin' agin' in the tougher parts. Your gran sounds like mine was, totally kool, in the real sense of the word. Your little ladies do have her genes in there and you dear lady can do lots to ensure they are well informed of who gran was and what she did and what she shared with you. Your sittin' on a goldmine there my sweet Gypsy, bring 'em down to meet with her if it can be arranged at all. I know it would be your gramma's greatest treat...

Oh, and don't fergit that due in part to all your previous good deeds etc in life, God's got ch'a covered on this matter Christy. 8)

Take care fair lady, and chill with them girls now...

lb

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Christy, I have only now seen this. I am so sorry about your Grandmother.... We do not know why, but God does... Stay strong, will be praying for you and the family, and praying for Grandma that she will be at peace and any pains will go away.

God bless, love you.
Peter

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Gypsy, so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Even when you see it coming, it's hard to go through. You have my best thoughts for courage and energy to get through this. Be careful on the road and be prepared for your girls. I feel for you. -Noodle

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Christy,

We are very sorry to hear about your Grandmother.
Knowing that she will be with the Lord...will help you through this tuff time.
We will keep you, your girls and your Grandmother in our prayers.
Take care young lady...the Lord will get you through this, he is not done with you yet :)

Tom & Ragenna

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, this site is very entertaining and educational. I log in almost every day to see what folks have found, maybe read a joke or two and, of course, check out "Daily Snapshot" and check out some of the other posts in various sections of this site. In doing this, you can slowly build an opinion of a forum member's character just by what they say and how they respond to what others have said. It's funny how, even though you have never heard a person's voice and never looked them in the eye or touched their hand, you can actually learn to like someone just from their written word. Then you realize that we are all "real" people that have gathered here due to a common interest but, in some cases, it goes beyond that. We find people like you Christy. You are always anxious to help someone out if there is any chance you can. You feel sad for anyone not having an easy time of things. You're very witty and put smiles on our faces from miles away. You have touched all of us in one way or another. There isn't really anything we can do to make this situation better for you or your grandmother. We feel bad for you but we are also helpless. You are of strong character and I know you will weather this storm. I think it's wonderful that your daughters got to know their great grandmother as not many people have had that pleasure. I remember my grandparents but not the great ones. I know I'm rambling a little here but I had to say SOMETHING.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread