RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honeymoon is OVER :laughing7:

I asked.."Hey!!! Are we going to eat today?" She said, "You know where the kitchen is!! Ohhh, and our Son needs changed, you might want to grab a diaper first, I'm busy right now!!!" :tongue3:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
[FONT=&quot]
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by AARC
Ok... heres a "guesswhatisit" ...

[/FONT]

Spanish stirrups
======
Your SON, GB guessed it correctly.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning Tom, might not get to close to Nitric as he may be coming down with something and has to be quarantined laughing021.gif .

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning Tom, might not get to close to Nitric as he may be coming down with something and has to be quarantined View attachment 1671275 .

-

Buddy, got new stuff from castle excavations to restore and I am working at the moment with a lot of acetone and other nice stuff!

Lot´s of gilded stuff that was fixed temporarily by the archeologists with some kind of epoxy...

so don´t wonder if I don´t post for a while :laughing7::laughing7:

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    776.4 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've created a Monster!!! I'm not much of a gamer but I collect video games from the original nintendo era to the Playstation 2 era. I just buy them when I come across them dirt cheap and stick them away. anyhow,.....My 3yr old Son is into Mickey Mouse, yesterday I decided to dig some games out because I remembered that I had one from my deceased brother of Mickey Mouse for Sega. I got the stuff out.......My wife took over!!! She has been on the game systems ever since!!! Now, she's working through the PS2 games, which I have roughly 3 to 400 stashed in boxes stuck everywhere.

She's stuck on the couch with a controller in her hand!!!!!!:laughing7: I think she ate all the chips too!!!!! I'm going to have to run the sweeper and do some laundry ....This just isn't right!!!:laughing7:

Arggg... lol... I went through a similar situation.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-

Buddy, got new stuff from castle excavations to restore and I am working at the moment with a lot of acetone and other nice stuff!

Lot´s of gilded stuff that was fixed temporarily by the archeologists with some kind of epoxy...

so don´t wonder if I don´t post for a while :laughing7::laughing7:

I know the feeling and headaches ohhh toooo well!!! I feel for ya!! Except...I think what I did 20 years ago is effecting my posts today.:tongue3:

Varaprime,and industrial epoxy coatings without a mask. I was young and dumb. Acetone, naptha,laquer thiner etc....welding galvanized, blasting with real sand etc..... All will give some crazy headaches and see things like you have going above!!:laughing7: I think I'm having flashbacks!!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean snorting rails of beach sand is not good ?

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean snorting rails of beach sand is not good ?

Oh sure! It may help clean the sinuses!!!

We used one of those big pots(sand blaster) and a tag along compressor to blast equipment. That's still back when shops used real sand and not the new stuff(Black beauty). I did so much of it one summer with no real suit, that I was coughing up blood at night. I quit that job shortly after that.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I kinda knew snorting rails of brake dust was not so good... but heck.

:P

Joking aside... I know Nitric... I look back at all the "didn't think twice about it moments" in my life. sheesh :/

I think I surpassed the "damage" phase and went to the "preserved" phase... for now anyway.

Technically I should be already embalmed due to all the alcohol I have consumed in my early days. :P

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I kinda knew snorting rails of brake dust was not so good... but heck.

:P

Joking aside... I know Nitric... I look back at all the "didn't think twice about it moments" in my life. sheesh :/

I think I surpassed the "damage" phase and went to the "preserved" phase... for now anyway.

Technically I should be already embalmed due to all the alcohol I have consumed in my early days. :P

Ya, I started out working doing anything! The break dust cracks me up too! I worked in a shop doing clutches and brakes on the big trucks, we did small stuff too, but you would take the airgun and blow the drums or the clutch housings out, a big cloud of asbestos floating in the air and we all just stood in it coughing and gagging. Like we were too dumb to walk out of it for a few, just stand in it and keep working. :laughing7: Also, worked concrete, no masks when saw cutting, just stand in it gagging like idiots.:laughing7: My lungs have to be wasted by now, I'm a smoker on top of it.:laughing7:

I'm with you on the preservation, I'm a little more selective now on what I'll do for work. Some of it is not worth it.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nitric etal,
In my early days at the railway I worked for a number of years in the tariff bureau so one of the main jobs were cutting and pasting up changes to the tariffs for rate publications. That compiler's glue we used was nasty stuff if you did a solid spell of a couple of hours at a time you'd get a pretty wicked buzz then to compound matters we'd head off to the tavern for lunch and drink loads of beer..... :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: like AARC maybe I'm still kicking because I'm preserved....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:
:laughing7::laughing7:
Ya, I started out working doing anything! The break dust cracks me up too! I worked in a shop doing clutches and brakes on the big trucks, we did small stuff too, but you would take the airgun and blow the drums or the clutch housings out, a big cloud of asbestos floating in the air and we all just stood in it coughing and gagging. Like we were too dumb to walk out of it for a few, just stand in it and keep working. :laughing7: Also, worked concrete, no masks when saw cutting, just stand in it gagging like idiots.:laughing7: My lungs have to be wasted by now, I'm a smoker on top of it.:laughing7:

I'm with you on the preservation, I'm a little more selective now on what I'll do for work. Some of it is not worth it.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning everyone. Night Simon and Tom when you go nap.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I guess I'll turn 2 of my Blu ticks loose to track WD down. I gave um her last post for sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread