RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good Evening folks.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I had to take a little break...lost my best friend to suicide...He talked about it for over 5 years before actually doing it...many hospitals, help centers, family interventions...etc. etc. (I once pulled a black powder pistol away from his head as it went off) I say black powder because that was all he was allowed to have after all the hospital visits, police visits, etc. ... ... It's what he wanted and what he did. I loved him as much or more than my brother...he was my brother. I lied to him and told him I would look after his... I shouldn't have.. I never did look after ANYTHING of his...I Hated him after that.. I still do!! He did what he talked about EVERY DAY and most of us didn't believe he would do it.
He "attempted it' several times when none of us were around..so we didn't believe him..he left notes on my door when he was drunk...then I would see him the next day and he acted like nothing happened...???
One night, while I was at work...12:34...his soon to be (or already) ex came up to me crying.. I knew he had did it. According to the local cops he donned a bandana, a cowboy hat (never wore one)..and went in to the local convenience store. He walked up to the counter and pulled a cap gun on the cashier and said "give me any smokes"..and then grabbed the six pack and left without paying. Car chase ensued...27 miles, to his house, pulled around back and waited for the cops..minutes later when the cops approached his car he used his black powder pistol...he didn't die immediately..mumbled for about 45 minutes or so.
After we all got off work we went over to his house to cover the car so his GF wouldn't look inside. I made it about 2 seconds before all the Grey matter got to me.
A couple days later, his estranged father took his car, (a BMW) and his ashes...dumped the ashes out as he was driving off..(Good riddance, right?)...no funeral..family, friends get together only..(I didn't go..too drunk)
I had messages on my home phone..20 or so of them..he knew I was at work so he left them for me to find them after since I had talked him out of it so many times...
Every time I look at the clock it's 12:34...and I get pissed! And sad...
Just my 2 cents on the subject...sorry for the rant..

Everyone have a good night!!!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's heavy brother.......I dont know what to say.......stay strong and I hope your feeling better soon.
Bart.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190218_225912.jpg clues

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190218_225332.jpg lots and lots of these, none whole. Tops too. got to get out deeper, just wading right now.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Sorry, I didn't make myself clearer..it's been a few years.... BC's posts just stirred something up in me...lol I'm good!!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190218_225309.jpg magnified/frenzel type ships light shard. I made little piles of cool pot shards and bottle shards and parts for 300 yards. I'll try and detect through all the trash next trip. Its littered with big and small iron,copper,bronze,aluminum, etc. etc.etc....

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well cheer up bud......tomorrow could be the best day of your life !!! Hell ya !!!

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Finally found an old picture of my SCOUT I talked about so many pages ago...lol

31285_1453296893284_3037906_n.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres something wrong in that pic.......I dont see any rust ???

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang Bart , that's a clean shirt. And it's not even Sunday!8-)
Interesting , and inspiring recoveries....

About three more inches of snow yesterday. Very light fluffy stuff.
Low around one degree (F.) tonight.
Back up to high twenties tomorrow again.
Nice today. Sun even melted some stuff.
Need to clear off the tarp on the boat again. Give it a pat , and reassure it spring is coming. That big ol 4 horse is still raring to go. L.o.l..

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
And my bike (before the work) backend of my truck, frontend of my jeep and (some dude...)lol 10 years ago...haha

40265_1544746019455_4620443_n.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Bart , that's a clean shirt. And it's not even Sunday!8-)
Interesting , and inspiring recoveries....

About three more inches of snow yesterday. Very light fluffy stuff.
Low around one degree (F.) tonight.
Back up to high twenties tomorrow again.
Nice today. Sun even melted some stuff.
Need to clear off the tarp on the boat again. Give it a pat , and reassure it spring is coming. That big ol 4 horse is still raring to go. L.o.l..

Ahhhh......my nice white polo long sleeve. Even a dirty fisherman can clean up for a fancy island dinner !!! I was so tired but it felt so good to sit down and feel clean and full. Keep those 4 ponies warm for the winter and the ride will be that much better in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread