RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill send me a PM with a shipping address. It seems I cant send you a PM for some reason.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
3ec127c386ea72c87040a633ed375a12.jpg I can build this bench with storm damage wood.:laughing7:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning folks......time for a bike ride to school with the boy. Be back in a few.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Going to the gym this morning. Haven’t been in a week. EB000B9B-CB1A-4588-8FD0-5A5C9D64DAB0.gif :laughing7:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning everyone.
Anyone know of a worthy children's charity? One that actually helps abused and abandoned children?
I came across a very valuable coin in my Father's collection.
I can't sell my pops coins.
I'll donate it.

Still here BC . Did not blow away.
If I were into filming there were some great opportunities last night....
Snow like clouds fifteen feet from the ground up. Everything leaning East. Still lots of trees leaning East and they will continue to as some have most their lives.
Kind of surreal with the snow like a fog and wraith like.

A former co-worker I helped get into archery came over to the U.S. in quite a manner....And minus a father.
He attributed his orientation of staying out of trouble to a program where police interacted with youth.
Institutionalized kids and those tied up with protective services are exposed to controls and people that are different than those outside them.
I'm not saying police are the way to go in supporting youth in need , but am hinting that those youth slipping through the cracks of society without being noticed until it is too late matter too.

One outfit I notice and have purchased from to further their cause outfits folks in third world countries with wheelchairs.
Regardless of politics and who is fighting who in and out of the political arena.
They also set up disabled folks to build and distribute chairs. A chair must fit it's user. More so the cushion they sit on. The wrong cushion can kill.
That makes used donated chair ineffective for the most part , and service and parts are another issue..More so in third world countries.

I have not thought long about my pittance of wealth after my demise.
Were there a surplus , maybe some could go to a place I know that makes prosthetic's , with condition that it be used for orphans or youth that have no other option.

But that is influenced by my life.
Yours will differ.
Give it a little time and you'll figure it out.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to hear that you are okay after that wind.
Thank you for the ideas.
That institutionalized... I understand that. I think that one word is why I am stuck in the past.
The police route is a great idea.
Thanks RC.

Stuck.

Funny how there can be voids of years with little recall/continuous loops that replay , yet bits and pieces are clear as get out from way back...

Today is ahead of any past loops replaying in my mind.
Lucky for me my default/survival setting knows the difference between the screen that crap replays on , and my actual eyes. Usually....

Am I influenced by the past? Sure. But scars filter the worst parts and that means they dim , though not forgotten going forward if certain conditions warrant avoiding a real threat to well being. Key word being real....
Picking at scabs still results in scars. Unless picked constantly.Which I try to avoid mentally.

I just try looking at the more positive reruns and more , look at current stuff being recorded instead of looking back for negatives.
Those negatives remain tucked away. And can be called up. But I'm not building a future on them , or needing them for today.

I get to shovel snow today. Sometimes thinking about the smell of fresh mowing.
Next summer I'll be mowing a field and remember winter snow shoveling.
Both will be positive , and influence the activity at hand in my own strange manner. A positive coping that could be a negative memory bank instead.
Just like singing Christmas carols in the very hot building I worked in did during the hottest days of summer. Goosebumps sometimes. L.o.l.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Day before yesterday I spent about 6 to 7 hours out clearing snow -- doing an "extra" thorough job. Forecast was for wind but no new snow. Well, got the wind (more than expected) plus about 1" of fresh powder. Now we're drifted in with about a truck tire height of snow in the driveway.

Woke up to -29F this morning and it's -11F now at 10:40am. Don't have to be anywhere, so will get the plow truck cranked up tomorrow when it's not quite so cold. ...When possible, I like temps to be at or above zero to plow. Less stress on the steel. However, not always possible. About a month ago I plowed with temps in the -30's.

Maybe Spring will get here by summer. :dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread