RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20181107_185650.jpg man....spring is in the air.....I'm hoping that the smear at the top is a wreck that the Seminoles burned in the 1830s that one is way older than the other 2. either way theres alot of looking to do as the days get longer and the dive season gets going with better weather. Soon as I get back from the Bahamas I'm going to check these out.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

Keep us up to date on how this goes. You obviously already know this but don't give to much specific details about the locations. As they say loose lips sink ships....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nitric,

Well there's also craig's list and kijiji. At least you don't have to go through all the hoops, effort and fees that fleabay requires. Or the gas money and table costs of a flea market.

Worth giving it some thought. Just take a few items from your inventory and give it a try no costs just a bit of effort and it might work out for you.

Good luck!

Bill

I'll have to check out the Kijiji. I also found a new market place online called "Prairie Grit". A few guys started it as a site that was like Ebay in the beginning before they had to cater to investors. It looks like it will be a good thing if it catches on. You just pay one monthly fee. and they have a couple different packages like ebay did in the beginning. $100 for unlimited listing per month and that is it..no other hidden fees. Or you can buy as low as a $10 package. It's your listing you make the rules. They also allow guns and other things that Ebay doesn't allow. If it's legal for your state it's legal to list. They are also going to focus on limiting the "fake" items that flood Ebay.

It really sounds like a cool site. It's brand new and I'm waiting a little while to see if it gets any traffic. I really hope it catches on. Ebay is also missing a whole generation of interest from the younger crowd, they are also focusing on that and trying to maintain a more professional looking site..is one of the end goals.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha...My Grandfather was like that!! He built his own house from materials that he got when they took down houses for the freeways were being built. He would also straighten and reuse nails. The man had money, but he enjoyed piecing things together. He repaired anything that he could with a paperclip and a matchbook. haha Very smart man...the material stuff didn't mean much to him and would pull things out of the trash, repair, and use it till it couldn't be repaired anymore. He never had debt his whole life. Everything was paid for with cash or you don't need it.

That's a really cool story about your grandpa. Thanks for sharing that.
Your grandpa sounds exactly like Joe was, word for word!
No one ever thought that Joe had any more than anyone else. His frugality led people to assume that.
When he paased, it was learned that in his 100+ years, he accumulated 26 million dollars of liquid wealth. Mostly bullion.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got our second lease box from the state.this is a bella marine jug, or ironically a bartman jug, or gray beard jug. It was pulled from our lease before we started on this spot. Hopefully the boys at ASAP are magging as much as possible. We had 198 runs on 40 foot centers 3 miles each. There dragging the old sea spy magnetometer right now on this second lease spot. Or at least that was the plan. I think 8 in total have been found, all intact. IMG_3631.jpg
IMG_3633.jpg

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got our second lease box from the state.this is a bella marine jug, or ironically a bartman jug, or gray man jug. It was pulled from our lease before we started on this spot. Hopefully the boys at ASAP are magging as much as possible. We had 198 runs on 40 foot centers 3 miles each. There dragging the old sea spy magnetometer right now on this second lease spot. Or at least that was the plan. I think 8 in total have been found, all intact. View attachment 1685140
View attachment 1685141

That is cool! It would be a blast to be able go look for stuff like that!!! I don't know anything about what you are showing. I like the detail in it. Even the top has an angry looking face,,,They would have almost had to of carved a mold or a stamp? Or were those done by hand? Cool stuff!!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really cool story about your grandpa. Thanks for sharing that.
Your grandpa sounds exactly like Joe was, word for word!
No one ever thought that Joe had any more than anyone else. His frugality led people to assume that.
When he paased, it was learned that in his 100+ years, he accumulated 26 million dollars of liquid wealth. Mostly bullion.

I hope people will be able to say that about me for my Son's sake...But....I'm about 26,030,000 short of that goal give or take 10 bucks!! haha....Maybe? I can turn it around in a couple years? ohhh my poor kid is in for a ride! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were all done by hand, each face was different, the Crest was Amsterdam where they were manufactured, but they often had the Crest of whoever purchased them so they can have many different Mark's. They are much smaller than the Spanish olive jars. Maybe 10 inches high. Contained many different products, and sometimes smuggled treasure.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BC that is good stuff, warms you up in the cold.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

An interesting picture for you.

Attachments

• 51869184_2223242047914217_5474177367958993592_n.jpg
    51869184_2223242047914217_5474177367958993592_n.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 33

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
More tumbled stuff,rein guides..

K1600_DSCN3455.JPG

Hinges/drawer pull

K1600_DSCN3443.JPG

Don't make them like this anymore..

K1600_DSCN3447.JPG

Copper mail lock..

K1600_DSCN3444.JPG

Not sure what this is,brass from a chandelier maybe/sheep bell..

K1600_DSCN3449.JPG

K1600_DSCN3450.JPG

Edison Phonograph key..

K1600_DSCN3453.JPG

I've got several sites scoped out waiting for ground thaw.

GOD Bless

Chris

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting