RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

Just a wild guess but could that be from an old cast iron stove?

Well, IDK. :dontknow: I thought that also and have been searching and searching. I did follow the tip of the old printing press, also, and found this interesting pic and information that the emblems were typically knocked off. I wish I could find a positive ID. I can't imagine why parts of a printing press would be here. But I can see in this pic where it would seem to fit.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I reached out to a friend to help ID that emblem. He came up with another possibility of an old printing press emblem. Then, I thought maybe an old sewing machine emblem or petal. Does anyone have a clue? Or did I find a stumper of a "What Is It?"

View attachment 1701506

I don't know my metals, so I can't say what it is. It was not in the ground, but lodged in the rocks that brace the drainage pipe that runs under our driveway. It is a little pitted with rust.

Try looking at antique wood burning stoves.
That looks the a front plate for a large potbelly stove.
Champion is a maker of stoves long ago.
I'm almost certain that I have seen a large nickel plated stove that had New Champion on the plate.
A starting point.
This is a Champion stove. Screenshot_2019-04-10-08-30-06~2.png

Mike

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
A Cast Iron Stove makes sense because I found this last year in the same general area. I just wish I cold find a pic that has it all together. :BangHead:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this in the creek also. I thought they could be from an old dresser, but could be from a stove also, I guess.

farm find.jpg

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i got a question for all of you. was it one of you on here that gave a charter membership last year on April 12? just wondering

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
i got a question for all of you. was it one of you on here that gave a charter membership last year on April 12? just wondering

LOL, you still haven't figured out who that was, huh? I was guessing it was j-g ( P. M. now), but I would guess it was someone from the ole RCT. I can tell you it wasn't me. (Bill, please don't play that song!)

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reached out to a friend to help ID that emblem. He came up with another possibility of an old printing press emblem. Then, I thought maybe an old sewing machine emblem or petal. Does anyone have a clue? Or did I find a stumper of a "What Is It?"

View attachment 1701506

I don't know my metals, so I can't say what it is. It was not in the ground, but lodged in the rocks that brace the drainage pipe that runs under our driveway. It is a little pitted with rust.

Did you look at cast iron tractor seats ??

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20190410-105904_Google.jpg getting closer....WD.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... ECS my "friend"...

You have antagonized me until I responded... then you crapped out... I see no point in continuing if the fun has subsided.
Well, as Mel would say, "Today is the day"!
...and as AARC replied, "You said that yesterday"!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20190410-154801_Maps.jpg smuggler planes on andros

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
getting closer....WD.
Alright, Bart! You successfully lured me away from my work into an endless afternoon of research! LOL! But I came up empty.
Idk. I may never find an exact answer.

On the plus side, Mr WD thinks it’s cool and he brought up my she-shed again so I am looking for that too.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after a year of court and fines and having to buy a new boat....the shark boat has finally got going again. It is one of the most dangerous jobs on the water, and I was training a new mate last year to take my place. I can fill in fish anytime I want and honestly it was killing me at my age to keep up the intense pace needed to do the job effectively. Well sadly my replacement died yesterday while working on deck. He was cutting and packing fish one minute and then dead on the deck next. My boys performed CPR along with the government observer until the coast guard intercepted them and took over. Sadly my friend and protege was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital. The relentless pace probably drove him right into a heart attack....well see ? Rest in peace erin.....I'll miss you bud !! IMG_2295.jpg
That's him in the ice hole packing sharks. The name says it all IMG_0577.jpg it's a high stakes game and not everyone wins. I told him it might mame or kill him if he wasnt careful.....he wanted the job bad and always gave 110%. This job will tear down the most physically fit men and leave them hobbled and broken. It's a brutal struggle with each beast all day every day and they just keep coming. Erin I'm sure has no regrets he died doing what he loved. How do you explain your day to your wife when you walk in the door after a week of hand to hand combat with hundreds of sharks each day......you dont....no one will believe you !!! You just say hello honey and try and listen to the things that they think were big issues in there mundane work day. Erin shared this incredible job with me and we were in the same fox hole watching each others back with a deck full of live sharks chomping at us. No one can take those memories from me. I love you bro !!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL, you still haven't figured out who that was, huh? I was guessing it was j-g ( P. M. now), but I would guess it was someone from the ole RCT. I can tell you it wasn't me. (Bill, please don't play that song!)

Nope not me. ( uncle bill please post the shaggy song ‘ it wasn’t me’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread