RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
See you guys later. Yard work calls. 9fb47061682461d0ce41f5bedf76eade.gif kind of a drag.:laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes WD- it was dead and i'm serious. Lol! Yuck!

I once told the Mr. if he could find 10 it would take to replace me to go for it.
43 years of marrige (as of 2017 when he passed)
No replacements.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Beep, I am sorry to hear that your Mr has passed. That's got to be the roughest.

P. S. I also pray you never, ever find another pet burial. Ick!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well folks due to an unexpected windfall , I'm "in the chips" now!

Furnace and A/C were replaced , finally...
Despite having had the ducts cleaned (in theory) , a Topps hockey card was laying on top of the A-Coil.
The installer was honest enough to report a "baseball card" and put it aside for me.

Just knowing it would be a highly sought and rare auction wars type golden ticket to retirement near member Blak Bart ( a highfalutin type retirement , maybe owning a treasure strewn island or two with cement castles here and there among them) I nervously and with trembling finger typing furiously looked up recent asking prices with great anticipation. Offsetting the cost of the H.V.A.C. would be just a bonus , but I could almost feel the tropical breeze and hear the rustle of grass skirts.

Now this particular card (#62 Patrik Elias 1998-99) has a crease on/in it and a couple corners are a little frayed , and it did rest in a duct for a while before ending up on the coil so condition is not mint.
But still.....Folks offering decent examples of similar cards are asking over $3.00 U.S. dollars!!!8-)

I had a similar experience. My parents had their furnace & air replaced a couple years ago. The workers found my copy of the Little Golden Book Uncle Remus in the duct work. Might be worth more than your $3.00.:dontknow:

Also, do you remember my brother's pic? If you noticed, he was a Bengals fan. I inherited all of his Bengal memorabilia and his vast collection of football cards. Would have been worth a small fortune had they not been saturated with nicotine.:BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread