RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Time to call it a night friends :notworthy:

Good night and good morning...... Spoiler alert....Incomingggggg. Flop.gif

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont post much about cars...but my boss is a big player in the collectable car world with over 200 cars in the stable.....that's right I said 200 cars. Everyone is an immaculate show piece.

Does he have an Excalibur?

Assembled in Milwaukee with a GM 454ci engine and VW beetle tail lights. Or, is that to kit like for serious collectors?

I know where there in nice maroon, immaculately maintained '75 for sale, if he's interested.

ETA- it's already been refitted with a decent four barrel carb- Edelbrock.

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I missed you getting married.
(What , no invite for me??)

Congrats anyways!

lolol! Naw.

I was promised that I could go and get permission for certain places for days now. Hasn't happened.

I was promised that we would do fun things this summer. Hasn't happened.

I was promised that once we got the goats, I didn't have to be around them, take care of them, etc. Instead, I have been breaking my back all summer for these stupid things every day.

I was promised that they could help me get boxes, by taking me to a place that has them, and that hasn't happened.

I was promised that we would go river hunting, creek hunting, and fishing, that hasn't happened either.

In short, I am a little fed up with excuses, and having my summer ruined by some sickly goats bought off of the first redneck farmer that crossed their paths. (he is a con artist according to some people. Hmm... didn't I tell you my suspicions earlier this month?) Oh yeah, we were supposed to do the fencing in the late fall, when it's cooler out, and get the goats next spring, not in the dead of summer.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
lolol! Naw.

I was promised that I could go and get permission for certain places for days now. Hasn't happened.

I was promised that once we got the goats, I didn't have to be around them, take care of them, etc. Instead, I have been breaking my back all summer for these stupid things every day.

I was promised that they could help me get boxes, by taking me to a place that has them, and that hasn't happened.

I was promised that we would go river hunting, creek hunting, and fishing, that hasn't happened either.

In short, I am a little fed up with excuses, and having my summer ruined by some sickly goats bought off of the first redneck farmer that crossed their paths. (he is a con artist according to some people. Hmm... didn't I tell you my suspicions earlier this month?) Oh yeah, we were supposed to do the fencing in the late fall, when it's cooler out, and get the goats next spring, not in the dead of summer.

Try not to promise much . Less folks get let down ,and you don't feel bad for not keeping a promise....

Give it time.
You'll get a ride in time as you get more independent.

Having goats without room for them is like getting any stock without being ready. As you well know now...

Maybe , maybe not , some day when you are older you'll wish your parents did not dwell on your mess ups.

Leaving soon to see my Dad ,if he will wake up while I'm there.
Monday he goes for evaluation in a "home" to see if they can take him a little while. If "they" can tolerate each other too.
Major suckage watching a last parent lose their ability to do most things. Independence is a hard thing to give up. Let alone lose regardless.

Can't go back. But I'd like to be forty plus years younger being mad at Dad again or vice versa....Just to see him in charge again. At least in charge of himself.

Up to you.
You can keep the peace (but why) or , not be happy.
Your independence is on you.

Free labor. L.o.l..
Dry-wells by hand.
Digging around a giant white pine and tightening the come along now and then till it falls.
Cutting firewood ,(by hand.)
Work,work work. (Thanks Dad.)
Animals eat before we do.

When I first read my birth certificate my Dads occupation was listed as "Laborer".
Guess what I did for an occupation? Who's fault was that?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning crew mates.

Sunshine and 80's here.
Enjoying while i can. [emoji4]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RC i hope it goes well for your dad. It is very tough losing your independence & control.
It has a tendency to make one grouchy, and for good reason.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found on the beach at OBX.... Ever see a almost perfectly round stone ? And the exact thickness of a nickle . 004.JPG 008.JPG 007.JPG

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon Rusty

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda makes you wonder sometimes if it is just a stone...or is something hidding inside.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sadly that's not a Native American piece, but just a rock. They are prevalent anywhere near water (round stones). I would have picked it up too.

Have you ever though of grinding it down to perfect round shape, then drilling a whole in it for a pendant for your wife? Just a thought...

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
lolol! Naw.

Kinda sounds like they are gonna vote for Bernie. Promises, promises, promises :laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Guess I better go cut tha grass. My neighbor just walked out to the pool. 7055d98aa7d3af984d2f127950d3c2f3.jpg :laughing9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread