RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure would love that but probably won't have time. Trying to meet schedules. I cant remember where we dock I think we will stop at nueberg and then straight to albany. After that were in the locks. Do you thnk we could dock a 90 footer around there somewhere ??

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Really? I was not aware of that! :laughing7: Really. :wink:

Yeah Right.

I look into that subject on here every now and again, it begins very interesting most the time, users with logical things to say. Then it turns in to a tard fest, normal folks remain tolerant for a while, but after being pushed enough they say something back to all that ignorance, before you know, like clock work as soon as someone normal who remained tolerant says something back a MOD steps in and threatens to shut down the thread.

You know what I am talking about; seen you more than once trying to put some sense into folks, and all the while when you say the sky is blue (for example) they come up with something off the wall like there is no sky.

It starts interesting, but then when I start to understand a few things on the matter, someone shows up from Hogwarts.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont remember any facilities near there that could accommodate us ??

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to pipe up on that thread but thought better of it. Hey ECS has there ever been an artifact posted that relates to that treasure tale ?? Ive never seen any treasure posted that relates to the tale.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to pipe up on that thread but thought better of it. Hey ECS has there ever been an artifact posted that relates to that treasure tale ?? Ive never seen any treasure posted that relates to the tale.

Thats a question I have wanted to ask before as well. Just tend to read only, the Oak Island subject is already proof enough of how wild folks can get, and that is way more calm than the Beal.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Hey ECS has there ever been an artifact posted that relates to that treasure tale ?? Ive never seen any treasure posted that relates to the tale.
No, nothing has ever been found that can be related directly to the story in Ward's 1885 copyrighted Beale Papers dime novel pamphlet- only nebulous speculation of maybe could be.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I feel about it is that more than half the fun is the search, and if they enjoy looking for a treasure that I dont believe in, well thats great. I once went in searh of homer ludwigs famed gold coin spot, in the process of searching for a treasure that may not exsist, I stumbled on a genuine spanish salvage camp for the 1733 fleet disaster. So since I had nothing positive to post on the beale threads I just kept quiet. No need to discourage someone from there treasure quest with negativity. After all they may well discover other unrelated treasure in there quest !! Plus then im in the midst of the arguing.

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just dug up this lady betty sliver plate spoon from the 1940s?
P_20180608_104745_LL.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one randy !! Cool find !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure would love that but probably won't have time. Trying to meet schedules. I cant remember where we dock I think we will stop at nueberg and then straight to albany. After that were in the locks. Do you thnk we could dock a 90 footer around there somewhere ??

No not a 90 footer .I thought you were in a 46 footer.Use to be (before the 9/11 attacks) you could dock at West Point.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bart.....On the striped bass in the Hudson,we talked about ....Just upstream, from the 2nd bridge(the old RR bridge) crossing the Hudson at Poughkeepsie . Is where you want to start looking for them.Heading upstream,Once you are under the 2nd bridge stay on the WEST shoreline of the river, about 50 yards off the shoreline.And going for about 2 miles upstream from that point. They migrate up to spawn in the feeder creeks. If no good there try looking in the Rondout creek in Kingston NY.But dont go pass the marina in my post #4293 as it gets too tight for your boat to turn around.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks RTR, I'll be looking !! Maybe we'll put the tender in and fish a bit if I see them !! Just Turned the corner into ablemarle sound.

Last edited:

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent about 4 hours hunting didn't get anything to fancy besides the spoon. I ran into some square head nails and some copper pieces. I managed to get all high and medium tones from the far side of the house. Will be going after low tones next. While i was around the porch i went under to check the cellular hole to see if the water has drained out yet. It's went down but not all the way.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
812.JPG
Bart.......Going through Norfolk keep your eye out for our newest carrier # 78.The Gerald Ford.Its still getting the bugs worked out.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
YOU'RE sorry?!?!? Took me almost a full day just to find your post! :tongue3:

Eh, it's not so bad really. Just can't do the "video" thing. ....And gotta stay away from larger photos/images, maps, mp3's and such. Heck, better lay off the chocolate just in case! :laughing7:

No No. You have to eat your daily allotment of chocolate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions