RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh yes..soryy to hear Gold b... condolences.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
First up...

I found this detecting Saturday. In the area where the old barn was. I was just going to pitch it, but the design on it has me curious as to what it is.

DSCN6196.JPG

DSCN6197.JPG

DSCN6198.JPG

DSCN6199.JPG

DSCN6200.JPG

DSCN6202.JPG

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Now the second one has me a little anxious. I have gotten into the practice of setting aside stones/rocks that I think might be something. After a few days, I'll look again to see if I still feel the same about it or if I realize it's just a rock. Well I found this one on Friday. Looked at it after a couple days, and was still excited. I set it back down just in case I'm exaggerating. Then, tonight, Mr. WD asks, "Where did I see that rock you found? It looks like a tool." Game on, I have to post it and see what you experts think!

DSCN6189.JPG

DSCN6190.JPG

DSCN6191.JPG

DSCN6192.JPG

DSCN6193.JPG

DSCN6194.JPG

DSCN6195.JPG

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Well what you've found is a piece of a crotal bell....they were very common back in the day and used to be worn around the necks of livestock....cows, sheep, goats, etc....to keep track of their location.

First up...

I found this detecting Saturday. In the area where the old barn was. I was just going to pitch it, but the design on it has me curious as to what it is.

View attachment 1615300

View attachment 1615302

View attachment 1615303

View attachment 1615304

View attachment 1615305

View attachment 1615306

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Well if this is in fact some sort of tool it would be native no doubt.....that's outside my realm of expertise which means I don't know squat about it....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Suggest you post it up in the native artifact area of the forum and get some opinion from the experts.

Now the second one has me a little anxious. I have gotten into the practice of setting aside stones/rocks that I think might be something. After a few days, I'll look again to see if I still feel the same about it or if I realize it's just a rock. Well I found this one on Friday. Looked at it after a couple days, and was still excited. I set it back down just in case I'm exaggerating. Then, tonight, Mr. WD asks, "Where did I see that rock you found? It looks like a tool." Game on, I have to post it and see what you experts think!

View attachment 1615313

View attachment 1615314

View attachment 1615315

View attachment 1615316

View attachment 1615317

View attachment 1615318

View attachment 1615319

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So that's what a crotal bell looks like?!? I've seen posts about them but never really picked up on it. I'm happy to find a piece of one and glad I didn't throw it away! That will go into the history of the farm collection!

Now, we just had a friend over inspecting the possible NA tool. He thinks it is too. So, I guess I will have to copy and paste over there.

Thank you very much, Bill!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
============
I am going out on a limb here and say the top one is possibly a Garret pointer, but not sure. The second one I believe is a very early and prehistoric Canadian hockey stick used by Wayne Gretzky.
That looks like a nice find Wrightdigger. I have an Indian hatchet and tomahawk that have similar markings from where it was secured by straps (?) to a handle. Be sure to let us know if you hear any more on it. It is interesting.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that's what a crotal bell looks like?!? I've seen posts about them but never really picked up on it. I'm happy to find a piece of one and glad I didn't throw it away! That will go into the history of the farm collection!

Now, we just had a friend over inspecting the possible NA tool. He thinks it is too. So, I guess I will have to copy and paste over there.

Thank you very much, Bill!

Right on WD those finds look awsome !! That bell looks like a big one. Native american too. Wow nice work !!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold boy, I am sorry for your loss. Make sure to spend more time with your grandmother and parents. It is not until they pass that you realize how much you do not know about your own family and your living parents and grandparents are the only ones that can fill in the gaps. Mine all passed when I was young, there are so many things I wished I knew or could have asked them. Once they are gone, they are gone. Appreciate them even more while you can and wen you get older, you will understand what I am saying. Help your grandmother and parents through this as they are probably hurting as well.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-1010.JPG man shes a beaut
photo-1009.JPG as it oxidizes in the air and light the patterns start to pop !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread