Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it is yours. If it doesn't, it never was.

(See what happens when you invite a girl digger to your thread? Gets all mushy. LOL)

Or...If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it is yours. If it doesn't, hunt it down and kill it. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that supposed to be: kachels of your hearth?

Well, I will look for that also, but here is some ideas on cockles.
"An inspirational story or nostalgic movie is often said to "warm the cockles of your heart," but where exactly are they located? Not surprisingly, the answer will not be a test question on any medical school exam. The "cockles" are more metaphorical than physical, although the phrase can be traced back to 15th century medical beliefs. Unfortunately, the etymological path gets a tad murky after that.

Under one popular theory, the phrase "cockles of your heart" is derived from the Latin description for the heart's chambers, cochleae cordis. It is believed that the word "cockles" is a corrupted version of cochleae, most likely entering the popular vernacular as a form of slang. The prevailing medical opinion of that day and time was that the ventricles of the human heart resembled the concentric shells of small mollusks or snails, also known as cochleae or cockles. This theory concerning the origin of the phrase does address the connection between the physical and emotional role of the heart, but the shell analogy appears to be more accurate with the structure of the human ear. The Latin cochlea is still used to describe the ear, not the cardium, or heart.

Another theory puts the snail before the cart, as it were. During the Middle Ages, there was an abundance of small mollusks and snails whose shells were vaguely heart-shaped. In the old Irish folk song "Molly Malone," a reference is made to these edible mollusks as "cockles and mussels." It is possible that the shape of these cockle shells inspired a comparison to the chambers of the human heart. This theory sounds plausible, but the Latin root for the mollusks and the Latin root for the heart are not similar. If the phrase "cockles of your heart" did come from a comparison to mollusk shells, then it may have been a form of slang all along."

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD, kachel is a stove or heater. You may be on to another theory. Cockles of your heart vs. kachels of your hearth. Possible corruption?
Glazed tiles came into it also lol
Where did you hear kachels of your hearth?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD, kachel is a stove or heater. You may be on to another theory. Cockles of your heart vs. kachels of your hearth. Possible corruption?
Glazed tiles came into it also lol
Where did you hear kachels of your hearth?

It is times like these that I would love to spin a yarn, but you know what they say....

Oh what tangled webs we weave, when we practice to deceive.

I looked it up. LOL!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s what I use? I didn’t know that’s where that came from. It’s the best hair cream there is.

and a splash of foo foo water.

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't fathom it...don't that beat all...vittles(food)...I'll show you where the cat ate the cabbage, or cow ate it, or hid it.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
ya shooda seen it ? ya shooda seen it ? it was unbeweevable just unbeweevable.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Gonna reveal my past some more:

Drunk as a skunk.

Two sheets to the wind.

Higher than a kite.