Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Large Hadron Collider - they are fixing to fire it off for the first time - scary...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    16710 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    cyzak:

I'm getting brain dead in my elder years, but I've followed this all my life - though now my brain does not work as it used to.

I've watched this for 60 plus years, but forget so much. I think my brains are full of so much other stuff. When I was 8 years old I was reading this in comic books, library Sci-Fi books, and watching Sci-Fi movies at the local theaters and on TV. Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond, Outer Limits, etc.

It is about time I saw something new, ya reckon?

Good post and keeping it going Sir!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    GEM Overhauser,Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,
    972 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    They are fooling around with things there that should be left alone you use to see it in the news quite a bit but know it has grown silent. One of there major problem there is the containment field when they accelerate the product they cannot keep it stable enough to collide it but i think they got it figured out know it was a cooling problem in there field generator. It uses a vast amount of power but it seems they built another fusion reactor over there they don't even use nuclear any more they have evolved to use fusion to generate power now scary stuff.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    9729 times
    Well that explains the helium shortage.
    ....i guess there won't be any "duck & cover" if things go soith with the CERN

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Jun 2007
    13404 times
    HELIUM SHORTAGE!... I blamed all the dentists for THAT!

us
    Jul 2018
    972 times
    Liquid helium is -453 degrees.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    8179 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    They've been testing it for several years, yep they fired it up to make sure it worked and they could control it.

Now they're fixing to go where no man has gone before.
    One of these days these guys might cause a heck of a disaster.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    9729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyzak View Post
    Liquid helium is -453 degrees.
    Put a little of that on gobal warming.
    That would make for a cold day on the tundra!

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    9729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    One of these days these guys might cause a heck of a disaster.
    Ya, down the rabbit hole and beyond!

us
    Feb 2014
    KY
    Whites 4000D Garrett ATPro
    584 times
    I wonder what they are really trying to do ? Approximately 15 billion to build this thing ? ? ?

us
    Jul 2018
    972 times
    They are looking for the God Particle there has been a lot of controversy over this its called the Higgs Boson theory and they believe that it is what created the universe. At one time I know that they said it was infinite power source but I highly doubt that I believe it is some thing else.
    Last edited by cyzak; Jan 28, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    9729 times
    Ya let that loose and stand by for the multiple mishaps.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    8179 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyzak View Post
    They are looking for the God Particle there has been a lot of controversy over this its called the Higgs Boson theory and they believe that it is what created the universe at one time I know that they said it was infinite power source but I highly doubt that I believe it is some thing else.
    Quite likely. Maybe some digging around in this might point to motive.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    16710 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    It's actually way beyond my Sci-Fi years in the 50's and 60's = I can't even comprehend what's coming. I actually welcome the adventure coming, but really = should I?
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Jul 2018
    972 times
    In my field of work I was asked one time to go to Antarctica to do some work on a facility that a private contractor was expanding down there. When i asked what the facility was for they said it was collecting Neutrino's they take and drill thru the ice to a depth of 300 feet and there are hundred of these holes then a device is lowered down through each of the hole's to the right depth and some how it captures them I believe they take and use these in the LHC.I would also like to add they have one of these Neutrino collection facility's in the USA it is either in Wisconsin or Minnesota its in and old salt mine I believe.
    Last edited by cyzak; Jan 28, 2019 at 10:46 AM.

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    1623 times
    Prospecting
    Scientists have been after neutrino's for a long time. Once, maybe still, they had a huge tank of cleaning fluid in a deep mine in SD or ND. Neutrinos have been elusive because the essentially have no mass and simply zip through solid matter w/o reacting. Cleaning fluid has chlorine in it. Chlorine is a halogen and this group are the most reactive elements on Earth. The hope was chlorine would trap neutrinos.
    Not sure just what one might do with a neutrino. Sell on Ebay?

The fear that the scientists might open Pandora's Box has always been around but more so in the nuke age. Even some scientists had theories that breaking open the atom might start a chain reaction through all matter and we would cease to exist.
    But like God told the first family, Do Not Eat, we can't help ourselves. Humans explore. It's what we do.
    In other colliders like Fermilab (sp), other particles have been discovered. Quarks. Some descriptions have been as "Having tendencies to exist".
    Strange names like Up'ness, Down'ness, Strange'ness, Charm, and the Love Quark. it's another world.
    Chop wood..Carry water

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links