Times really are tough in the hobby - Tesoro and Kellyco

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's keep these people alive if we can. They have been two of the stalwarts in the hobby for over 40 years.

My third detector after the Garrett ADSIII and Fisher 1260X was the Tesoro Royal Sabre. I bought each of these for a reason - notch discrimination on the Royal Sabre, the 1260X could go where the Garrett couldn't go. My first dig with the Royal Sabre was a merc under a bush.

Tesoro makes an awesome detector - as in my Tejon. But really they didn't keep up with the trends of the day. To date, they make hardy, almost indestructible, and very capable machines at most depths. But they didn't go the pretty route of bells & whistles, TID, screens and the like. They're from the past when the sound detected told you to dig.

And Kellyco? I purchased all but one of my deterctors from them - Got an E-Trac from Indian Nations (another good guy). And of course I've picked up some used ones along the way.

We need to Support Tesoro and Kellyco. We can't let them disappear.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco is not going away, in fact they are even stronger than a year ago, they just close the walk in store/museum is all. Walk in store sales was not covering the store's operating cost so they closed it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad kellyco got new owners tesoro?

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought Tesoro was gone? Somebody buy them?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread