THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Plant a garden, they said.
It will be rewarding, they said.

I have got cucumbers, squash, and zucchini coming out of my ears! I’ve been cooking, baking, slicing, dicing, shredding, freezing and dehydrating! And the sweet corn is ready! Spent all last night with 6 friends picking, shucking, cooking, cooling, scraping and bagging. 116 bags of corn and there are still 6 rows left! And they can’t help any more.

Y’all take care!
I’m going to need a minute or a month! [emoji3061]

One thing I've learned, is that two squash plants is enough! You can never have too much corn though. :)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Yeah but think of all those good munchies you'll have to eat all winter long. If the 2nd wave hits and the food chain is messed up at least you'll have plenty to eat.

Plant a garden, they said.
It will be rewarding, they said.

I have got cucumbers, squash, and zucchini coming out of my ears! I’ve been cooking, baking, slicing, dicing, shredding, freezing and dehydrating! And the sweet corn is ready! Spent all last night with 6 friends picking, shucking, cooking, cooling, scraping and bagging. 116 bags of corn and there are still 6 rows left! And they can’t help any more.

Y’all take care!
I’m going to need a minute or a month! [emoji3061]

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If I've learned anything about gardening this year, and I've had plenty over the years is now days plant a garden and you'll find out the deer population Purdy darn quick. I've got a doe on one of my trail cams and I'd bet she would hit the skinning rack at about 180 lbs. On the other hand, my neighbor had a pea patch which is electrified to defend from deer and it went great this year. We bought shelled purple hull peas by the gallon for 18 bucks a gallon. I'll do that again next year. Take that you ole doe.:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20200813_180135.jpg
20200813_175750.jpg
Well we had a little shock/surprise this morning.
Heard George(white), and Buttons crowing in the barn.
The at the doorway Bubbles did:icon_scratch:
I googled it and yup it can happen.
Our big hopeful layer was crossed over and is going to play for the other team.:dontknow:
It's not the news I want to hear/see, oh well I guess we're going to have to accept her choice of being transgender.
What can a person do........

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I've learned anything about gardening this year, and I've had plenty over the years is now days plant a garden and you'll find out the deer population Purdy darn quick. I've got a doe on one of my trail cams and I'd bet she would hit the skinning rack at about 180 lbs. On the other hand, my neighbor had a pea patch which is electrified to defend from deer and it went great this year. We bought shelled purple hull peas by the gallon for 18 bucks a gallon. I'll do that again next year. Take that you ole doe.:laughing7:

And what do "purple hull peas" do ? ? ?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Same thing happened to Betty Boop with a Cab Calloway soundtrack.
Don't make cartoons like this anymore. :thumbsup:

:headbang: good old Betty boop !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got 2 more gold rings today....woooo hoooo!! Getting the gold while the price is up !! Thats 6 gold rings in 3 hunts.....plus silver and gems too. I've got 1 or 2 more golds here.....I have not done the ends of the sand bar and I could see the boats stacked up down there on one end today. I don't think the ends of the bar have been hunted at all. Definitely still gold here....might have to hit it one more time before I go to a fresh spot !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night night...

Off like a 3 legged pinball machine.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got 2 more gold rings today....woooo hoooo!! Getting the gold while the price is up !! Thats 6 gold rings in 3 hunts.....plus silver and gems too. I've got 1 or 2 more golds here.....I have not done the ends of the sand bar and I could see the boats stacked up down there on one end today. I don't think the ends of the bar have been hunted at all. Definitely still gold here....might have to hit it one more time before I go to a fresh spot !!

Just saw th as I posted.

Well dne Bart.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's instagram?

I'm not sure but I'm learning.....we have a friend who actually manages our Instagram page and takes care of our online business deals.....so I'm just learning how to do this Instagram stuff !!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now I've seen everything. I was researching the StuH 42 G (an ugly tank), and I found a dandy picture of one. As always I visit the site posting the picture to learn more about it. It turned out to be a white supremacist site, and I've never been more angry over something before. Slandering Jews, racism against African Americans, and *itler praising. I tried everywhere to find a spot to report the site but to no avail. I thought we killed all of those low lifes back in '45. Now I'll bet I'm on some kind of watch list for just researching a tank!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

There must be some place where you can report the racist content. The hosting company of that site must have some restrictions against posting hate material.

Now I've seen everything. I was researching the StuH 42 G (an ugly tank), and I found a dandy picture of one. As always I visit the site posting the picture to learn more about it. It turned out to be a white supremacist site, and I've never been more angry over something before. Slandering Jews, racism against African Americans, and *itler praising. I tried everywhere to find a spot to report the site but to no avail. I thought we killed all of those low lifes back in '45. Now I'll bet I'm on some kind of watch list for just researching a tank!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread