THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇹🇩
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning guys. :coffee2:
The weather finally looks to be changing in Ontario this coming week, it still doesn't feel like it's January though.

Good morning SD. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• The Weather Network.png
    The Weather Network.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 19

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Pepper... SD... Anti.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think they've increased those temps again Dave. I see 32-Tues., 34-Thurs., I'm thinking they gave you a couple of degree bump.
Beats the temps for me, as it's getting down where I'm thinking about knitting toques for the chickens.
03D1A639-6235-4320-BC79-1F90BC7A8580_1_201_a.jpeg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything is better with Rum !

Tonight lets see...

I will start with a rum salad dressing salad... followed by Rum... then Rum scampi... Rum kabobs... Rum on the Barbie... Butterflied rum... Rum and jelly sandwich... or rum marinade burger... .

And for dessert... my favorite... Rum raison ice cream... with flaming 101 rum flambauearrrrggg.

After I will brush the ole chops with some rum... and rum mouthwash.

:)

Have to be a TON of RUM to make the 2021 Mustang look good.These designers have lost it .
>>

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, Ducks yes.. I’ve heard of blue emu, Is it online only stuff? Bart I would like to hear about your terminal tackle, reels, poles, lines size, swivel size, lures, hooks. There are lots of detail but simplest is always best. I know that size reel is more like an ATV wench to me. Do you run out riggers or planer boards? What brand is your ship? What’s it got for power how fast do you troll? Do you vertical jig? Any and all things you think important and will share, I like. Did some of you on here also find some of that big loot from ship wrecks, gold chains, you know that song, Brandy your a fine girl what a good wife you’d be, but the love of a sailor is the sea? Paraphrasing sort of....

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇹🇩
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well.....now that I know a higher up on the inside.
Um....could you use a hired hand?

I could hold down your detecting duties whilst you're traipsing all over Canada, eh?
Sounds like a plan Whadi. :thumbsup:
Thankfully, I picked up a hard-sided case when I bought my Deus, so it can travel with me across the country.

Good morning to all the pirate crew! ...I ran out of fingers to count on.

Very nice to see all this treasure this morning. Bart, I spy rum barrels behind the silver bars!
Treasure indeed!

It was nice to see you Tom.

Welcome aboard Toddspoint, pull up a keg and have a seat.

Anti, hope you get the good word soon.

Pepper are you training those chickens to dig treasure for you?

Boatlode, was it all the splashing that gave me away?
Thanks very much MsBB. I spoke to the recruiter yesterday and they’re just getting quotes from the insurance companies for the health benefits plan. They want to make sure all the cost details are finalized before they make me an offer. I'd think they should’ve done this prior to the hiring process being started. They just assumed that we already had ‘free health care’ here in Canada, so I didn’t need ‘benefits’. :dontknow:

Everything is better with Rum !

Tonight lets see...

I will start with a rum salad dressing salad... followed by Rum... then Rum scampi... Rum kabobs... Rum on the Barbie... Butterflied rum... Rum and jelly sandwich... or rum marinade burger... .

And for dessert... my favorite... Rum raison ice cream... with flaming 101 rum flambauearrrrggg.

After I will brush the ole chops with some rum... and rum mouthwash.
ARC, correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I’m seeing a trend here
 do you like to cook with rum, because I’m not really sure? :laughing7:

Good evening everyone.

Today, I found a Vietnam war era, military issue .45 Cal. pistol round in front of my deck. I have a good hunch that it came from a neighbors sidearm that he carried in Vietnam.

Tomorrow, for the first time in... forever, I'M GOING DETECTING! Got a nice permission to hunt an old house site in the middle of nowhere. It is one of many houses that used to be in Carter County for the mining operations. I don't expect to find much, but at least I'm going.
Best of luck to you Ethan. Include a link here if you find anything good and post a thread in the Today’s Finds Forum. :thumbsup:

Note to crew, fishing the intercostal on the left side of FL sucks in January. The water temperature is only 61* F. Today all I caught is half a dozen hard head catfish and one bluefish. Bluefish is edible, sort of, but only if you cook it right away and it needs to be still flopping when cleaned. The rats won't even eat hard heads. Well, maybe a real, real skinny rat might....

Hopefully, it'll warm up some in a couple weeks. Had one pompano about a week ago but if it were not for black drum and the occasional sheepshead I would be living solely off of rice and canned beans. Nah, just kidding about the rice and beans. Dad is a five star chef. : )

Red drum is closed due to the last three years of red tide. Not a runt to be found anywhere anyways and no trout either. I'm a bit sad about it.

Hey Bill, you ever cook with coconut oil? My dad turned me on to it. Way more fish flavor and less oil flavor with coconut oil than the mix of olive oil and butter I usually use on fish. Coconut takes more heat than olive/butter without burning. I highly recommend it.
Interesting post DS, I’ve never cooked with coconut oil before. :icon_scratch: We switched from vegetable oil to olive oil years ago for the health benefits but cooking in olive oil tends to change the taste of food. We took a trip to San Francisco in 2019 and I noticed they cooked a lot in avocado oil there, so when we got home I bought some and I’ve never looked back.

I think they've increased those temps again Dave. I see 32-Tues., 34-Thurs., I'm thinking they gave you a couple of degree bump.

Beats the temps for me, as it's getting down where I'm thinking about knitting toques for the chickens.
I just saw on the Weather Network that you may have a dumping of snow coming on Tuesday or Wednesday
 sounds like you need to break out the knitting needles buddy. :laughing9:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Green head?

You mean mallards or is that slang for some kind of fish?

Only green headed fish out west was a Sockeye Salmon in their final push to spawn. Grew up by one of the spawning rivers and always remember the big sign by the viewing site at the park-"The Adams The Richest River In The World" (Now that had me thinking-over gold bearing rivers-had to check in the World Book on that claim)
There was always the talk that the fish were so thick one could walk to the other side of the river on them.
Now at 10 lbs average they do fill up the space nicely.
Many times on the big runs we'd go out to see them and the dozen or so bears that would be fishing right along the river banks the folks standing right there also.
Bears took no mind to us as they were gobbling up the 10's thousands of calories for the hibernation.
D9812D1D-4EC1-44E5-BAFD-BE4189A15937_4_5005_c.jpeg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even with a one month late start (due to the virus this season) Parker on Gold Rush last night total so far is 5,100 ounces....What am I doing here :BangHead: :occasion14:

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
RTR, they do look a little weak.?. A few years ago a friend got a new chevy camero. I couldn’t see out the sides or back. It was just bad. They at least look kind of tough. New cars stink.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTR, they do look a little weak.?. A few years ago a friend got a new chevy camero. I couldn’t see out the sides or back. It was just bad. They at least look kind of tough. New cars stink.

Disgusting design they should get "the most ugly award",for the most ugly Mustang Ever created :(

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SNOW FALL WARNING-SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT!!!

:censored: forecasters anyways-cancelled the rental equipment this weekend because of this "BIG" STORM"

Where else can a person be wrong all the time and still folks flock to the spoken word? Weather Reporters.

Yup the 25cm is piling up-plows out at 5am-plowing the gravel into the ditches once again.

Oh I think we have a 1/2" if that. :headbang:

Though I'm thinking Bill might need a shovel.........:hello: Morning Bill

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
[h=2]Chart of Oil Smoke Points[/h]Refer to the chart below as a reference for the smoke points of common cooking oils.
OilSmoke Point ÂșFSmoke Point °C
Refined Avocado Oil520ÂșF270°C
Safflower Oil510ÂșF265ÂșC
Rice Bran Oil490ÂșF254ÂșC
Refined or Light Olive Oil465ÂșF240ÂșC
Soybean Oil450ÂșF232ÂșC
Peanut Oil450ÂșF232ÂșC
Ghee or Clarified Butter450ÂșF232ÂșC
Corn Oil450ÂșF232ÂșC
Refined Coconut Oil450ÂșF232ÂșC
Safflower Oil440ÂșF227ÂșC
Refined Sesame Oil410ÂșF210ÂșC
Vegetable Oil400-450ÂșF204-232ÂșC
Beef Tallow400ÂșF204ÂșC
Canola Oil400ÂșF204ÂșC
Grapeseed Oil390ÂșF199ÂșC
Unrefined or Virgin Avocado Oil375ÂșF190ÂșC
Pork Fat or Lard370ÂșF188ÂșC
Chicken Fat or Schmaltz375ÂșF190ÂșC
Duck Fat375ÂșF190ÂșC
Vegetable Shortening360ÂșF182ÂșC
Unrefined Sesame Oil350ÂșF177ÂșC
Extra Virgin or Unrefined Coconut Oil350ÂșF177ÂșC
Extra Virgin Olive Oil325-375ÂșF163-190ÂșC
Butter302ÂșF150ÂșC

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder if tom is there...he should be !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread