THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrrg i was missing post etc this morn... i took a 3 hour nap today even. sheesh i hate naps.

Sorry bout the babble this morn... was trying to act like i knew something. :)

When it comes to cobs i am still learning... and prolly will be for the rest of my life i am sure.

Been learning for 40 years now and still dont know crap :P

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ARC,

It takes a certain level of maturity to admit we're students of the game. It hit me about early 40's or so that I wasn't a know it all about anything including my work.

It was at that point that I started getting better at everything. My job, detecting, gardening, cooking, etc....and the beat goes on.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JUST A HEADS UP ++ For you guys that use propane to heat your house .... For the last 12 years we paid (+ - a few cents ) $1.19 per Gal......... This fill up today was $3.49 per Gal.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roger,

Welcome to the covid economy my friend! Food and various other in demand items going up enjoy the ride.

We're upping our garden size this year to take the sting out of things and odds are I'm going to start some sourdough starter to make our own bread items.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger,

Welcome to the covid economy my friend! Food and various other in demand items going up enjoy the ride.

We're upping our garden size this year to take the sting out of things and odds are I'm going to start some sourdough starter to make our own bread items.

I dont think Covid is playing a part in that as much as it is the freeze in Texas.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just wait until the Line 5 gets pulled. They figure it would take a minimum of 5000 trucks a day to carry the loads of the pipeline that has had protection since some of us were still pooping in the diaper.
Rodger never fear-spring is coming-soon.
Now man crawls back into snow covered abode......

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JUST A HEADS UP ++ For you guys that use propane to heat your house .... For the last 12 years we paid (+ - a few cents ) $1.19 per Gal......... This fill up today was $3.49 per Gal.

Our fill up was .....wait .....doing the calculations ........$4.39 a US Gal. ($1.16 L) Lets hope we get a kiss if we get a big hit.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think Covid is playing a part in that as much as it is the freeze in Texas.

As far as gas prices anyway.

Which would trickle to other things i guess.

Covid isnt helping anything though i must admit.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Roger,

Bill have you had any issues with getting seed this year yet. A few in our group are not getting orders filled, back orders on a lot of projects already.

I just don't hope it's a repeat of last year's trend.

Last edited:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARC,

It takes a certain level of maturity to admit we're students of the game. It hit me about early 40's or so that I wasn't a know it all about anything including my work.

It was at that point that I started getting better at everything. My job, detecting, gardening, cooking, etc....and the beat goes on.

I once told one of mine that I was very impressed by the knowledge he had garnered. My advice was that he should get out there! NOW! Make that million dollars! But that he better hurry up and do it.......while he *still* knew *EVERYTHING*!!!!

You'll grow up and grow out of that soon.
:angel12:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

I've been buying a fair amount of seeds from small scale organic suppliers to help the local economy and yes. Quite a few of their offerings are shown as sold out.

That's one of the reasons we've been switching to heritage seeds as much as possible so we can save most of our own going forward.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The first moving picture.

The phenakistiscope was the first widespread animation device that created a fluent illusion of motion. A series of pictures showing sequential phases of the animation are seen through small slots spaced evenly around the rim of a disc. The user would spin the disc and look through the moving slits at the images reflected in a mirror, seeing a rapid succession of images that appear to be a single moving picture. This animation shows one such phenakistiscope disc, entitled Running rats, created by Thomas Mann Baynes in 1833.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had another strike for the empire as my buddy use call them.
Called up the internet provider-got the on the phone and even didn't have to wait all that long.
I have a service discount for a big screw up back in 2014.
So every 6 months I have to go through the hoops to get my $20 discount.
So I am prepared for the song and dance-and the Rep said well how about I give you $24.95 0ff a month for 6 months.

Jim is still :icon_scratch::dontknow:but I'm doing the :hello2:. Was she just messing with my noodle?
I can just picture it now-just a giggling-he asked for the $20 and slapped him down with the $24.95 discount I did. :laughing7:
A good curve ball to say the least.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

I've been buying a fair amount of seeds from small scale organic suppliers to help the local economy and yes. Quite a few of their offerings are shown as sold out.

That's one of the reasons we've been switching to heritage seeds as much as possible so we can save most of our own going forward.

I think that's the best way Bill. The strain that survives and thrives will be the best anyways.
Some of my pole beans now are going on the 8th generation.
Some of the other heritage are on the 3rd year.

I'll be vining up the pole beans big time in the fenced berry patch on the north side, then again I have 800 ft x 8ft high, lots of creeping plants.
Just waiting for the nursery to launch the 2021 catalogue I need to order up some strawberry planting in the berry patch.

What type of strawberry do you have if you do grow them?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once told one of mine that I was very impressed by the knowledge he had garnered. My advice was that he should get out there! NOW! Make that million dollars! But that he better hurry up and do it.......while he *still* knew *EVERYTHING*!!!!

You'll grow up and grow out of that soon.
:angel12:

Been there done that.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest: