THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I just met with some of the decendents of the original land owner. The youngest seems to be approximately my age. I took him to the cellar hole. He never knew it was there. He's got historical maps of the property and is going to try and figure out what it was. I gave them 3 bricks that i assume were chimney bricks, so they could have a momento. Good day for all.

Hope you find some good stuff WD. On the Pro, I know how knew this but those iffy signals like high with a low tones together could be some buttons. Like 84-46 for example.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
SIMON!!, Did you hide my other house shoe? da345da6eb7c44704ad1f9ea1c76a724.jpg You can't have nothin nice around here.:laughing9:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a simpler one-

Suppose you are cooking and you need exactly six cups of flour but you only have two measuring cups. One measure measures four cups and one measures nine cups. How can you use them to get the needed six cups?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a simpler one-

Suppose you are cooking and you need exactly six cups of flour but you only have two measuring cups. One measure measures four cups and one measures nine cups. How can you use them to get the needed six cups?

What??? L.o.l...Trick questions today...
Measure four cups from the nine cupper's four cup mark. Or , two and a half dumps of the four cupper.
(Or . Trade one of the cups for the needed flour.:icon_scratch:)

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What??? L.o.l...Trick questions today...
Measure four cups from the nine cupper's four cup mark. Or , two and a half dumps of the four cupper.
(Or . Trade one of the cups for the needed flour.:icon_scratch:)

Can't really guess. You need exactly six cups while you can only measure nine and four. No tricks- I pulled this out of real life.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't really guess. You need exactly six cups while you can only measure nine and four. No tricks- I pulled this out of real life.

Ooops. Measure six cups with the 9 cup cup. (Measuring cups are marked. Calibrated by cups and portions of cups...)

Good thing I have a headache to go with math today.

Now. Two pats left on the table.
Three pats left in the woods.
That's five lefts. How can they make/be a six right????

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Measure 6 4-cups giving you 24 cups. Subtract from that 2 9-cups which would be 18 cups. This leaves you with 6 cups.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
And Mr WD wonders how I can make such a mess in the kitchen. LOL! That was fun!

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a simpler one-

Alright. Duckshot's ducks are hot in the oven and it's time to make Grandma's secret gravy recipe. We need six cups of flour-

First I fill my nine cup measure and pour out four cups into the four cup measure leaving me with five cups in the nine cup measure. Then I pour our four of the five cups remaining in the nine cup measure into the four cup measure leaving me with precisely one cup in the nine cup measure. Now, I pour that one cup from the nine cup measure into the four cup measure leaving me with precisely three cups of empty space in the the four cup measure. Then I just fill the nine cup and subtract three cups using the four cup measure which has one cup in it.

As Grandma says, "Soup's on!" :laughing7:

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Fixing roast beef, with potatoes, carrots and onions tonight in the pressure cooker. If you all hear a loud boom, it might be my house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread