THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
GB
Are you guys getting rain today? They have predicted 3.5 inches here through Sunday.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
getting rain right now with 50 degree temps and winds at 15-20 mph

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG Off and on all morning....and only this site ???

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
RTR
You still on Rabbit Ears? Just kiddin buddy.:laughing7:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Something funny...

Yesterday my mom and I went shopping, and she forgot her purse in the truck, to which I volunteered to get for her. So I'm walking to the door of the store, and I see a girl on her way to coming in. I open the door, snap to attention, and she walks right past me, without even so much as a thank you, a smile, nuthin'. So I pulled a classic that my aunt Sherry loves to use.

I spun around, and said, "you're welcome!" in a voice of elevated volume and walked off. :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Something funny...

Yesterday my mom and I went shopping, and she forgot her purse in the truck, to which I volunteered to get for her. So I'm walking to the door of the store, and I see a girl on her way to coming in. I open the door, snap to attention, and she walks right past me, without even so much as a thank you, a smile, nuthin'. So I pulled a classic that my aunt Sherry loves to use.

I spun around, and said, "you're welcome!" in a voice of elevated volume and walked off. :laughing7:

Next time , stand partly in front of it , and let the door close before she gets to it if she don't smile and say thank you. Don't forget to say "Oooopsie".
(Check for a white cane first. Or that would not be cool.)
Oh , and don't listen to me....

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Next time , stand partly in front of it , and let the door close before she gets to it if she don't smile and say thank you. Don't forget to say "Oooopsie".
(Check for a white cane first. Or that would not be cool.)
Oh , and don't listen to me....

That almost sounds like a good idea, until you realize that you have no idea of the persons intent to begin with.

:laughing7:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was born into the wrong family, lol!

My grandfather was notorious for offending people, when he wasn't even trying. He always referred to those benches in WalMart as "bum benches". He said to a fellow sitting on one of them one day, "those bum benches aren't that comfortable, are they?". The guy got mad for some reason, and stormed out of the building.

The biggest no-no was when he wore a certain hat. He grew up during WWII, so sentiments to the Axis countries were very bad. There was a hat he wore all the time, from those days, which read "God bless America and bomb the Japanese" with a little Enola Gay emblem. He wore it out to Sheetz, stores, and when he went fishing, which mortified my grandmother. One day, he went fishing, and two Japanese fishermen walked past him. The younger one gave him a dirty look, while the older one laughed, and waved, to which my grandfather waved back. He wasn't mean, just uncouth with manners.

Don't get me started on the rest of them...teasers, practical jokers, and yes, one or two of them, downright rude somedays, but I love em' all.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We've always had a problem with feral and stray dogs around here, and now it gets worse. Packs of dogs running around, chasing deer and animals is common, but now we have a pack that includes three pit bulls, a German Shepard, and a mutt. That ain't good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread