THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That almost sounds like a good idea, until you realize that you have no idea of the persons intent to begin with.

:laughing7:

But...Did she know your intent? Did she read you like a book?
There is a difference between chivalry , being socially polite , and looking like a dog under a buffet table....

While heeding my advice not to heed my advice , act disinterested and slouch without trying to make eye contact next time. As if it's boring drudgery.
Brighten if you get a positive response , but don't be that dog....
A gal stopped for me yesterday near an automatic door obviously being polite by yielding to the crutches and I said , go ahead. She said ,"Oh" , and entered. No , I did not study her behind as I followed. Or try to figure anything out about the brief near contention of courtesy in which ladies go first where possible..

We get lots of door holders around here.
Kind , considerate folks that would probably push us through a green traffic light if we dallied , but nice at the door.

When I'm alone ,or if someone is more feeble than I , I'll pull a second door and stop it with a crutch and wave some one through if they held a first door for me.
Stand offs (no, you go . No ,you go..) are a good time.

While disabled should be asked if they need help , it is common for folks to jump in and grab a door. It is best to be appreciative and thank them kindly.
I tend to tell some folks to let me fight it , but in trying to let them be well meaning more often just be nice. (I'm a slow learner sometimes.)

Door wars. Good fun.
When a second set of doors exist , so do creative options for holding them for folks kind enough to hold the first.
(Even if only one set of doors exist the following can apply too.)
Even if I (you) lose.
Anyone behind inside due to holding a door must get to get in line ahead of you/go on about why they are there first. (No , you go. We're inside now. l.o.l..)
That way they don't lose (miss out on the last ice cream ,or place in line) out because they simply held a door as a polite gesture.
(So , if you hold a door for a gal , does she wait for you to proceed after? Or does ladies first still apply? L.o.l. Test tomorrow. Or next time you go to town.)

But... Senior type elderly can / and often should be be granted a frontal position , due to other etiquette aside from door wars results...
There is the potential for who goes first wars with the elderly , but that's o.k..Everyone is out of the weather anyways.
Threats of arm wrestling for position can resolve most contests. (Except with Uncle Bill. Just cut ahead of him.)

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We've always had a problem with feral and stray dogs around here, and now it gets worse. Packs of dogs running around, chasing deer and animals is common, but now we have a pack that includes three pit bulls, a German Shepard, and a mutt. That ain't good.

Not good RR
We had a pack in the back woods here at one time. I caught them up here in my place early one morning and just happened to be carrying my CO2 pistol out to the shop. One of them growled at me and that was that. I popped one in the ass and the rest followed. Never saw um again.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not good RR
We had a pack in the back woods here at one time. I caught them up here in my place early one morning and just happened to be carrying my CO2 pistol out to the shop. One of them growled at me and that was that. I popped one in the ass and the rest followed. Never saw um again.

They chase people too. Packs of wild dogs are never good, especially when I see them in broad daylight.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My step mother taught me manners. She was from Texas so she knew manners.

She taught me to wave at total strangers, which I often do.

If they smile, that's good. If they smile and wave, say hello to discern whether or not they stop and talk or not.

I can always tell a bit about a stranger by what they do when waved at.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My step mother taught me manners. She was from Texas so she knew manners.

She taught me to wave at total strangers, which I often do.

If they smile, that's good. If they smile and wave, say hello to discern whether or not they stop and talk or not.

I can always tell a bit about a stranger by what they do when waved at.

We wave at everybody around here. Usually everyone waves back. It's during hunting season when the wackjobs come out, looking for deer to poach, and then we stand on the deck looking like guardians to the gates of hell so they get the "don't even think about it" message

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
We've always had a problem with feral and stray dogs around here, and now it gets worse. Packs of dogs running around, chasing deer and animals is common, but now we have a pack that includes three pit bulls, a German Shepard, and a mutt. That ain't good.

my dad had a run-in with a pack a few shots later some were dead the rest ran off and never was seen again

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other day there were a few mentions about not many Canada geese around. Well if you're wondering where they are.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Attachments

• DSC02879.JPG
    DSC02879.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC02880.JPG
    DSC02880.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC02881.JPG
    DSC02881.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC02882.JPG
    DSC02882.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 30

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been mostly too wet to get the field corn harvested but the beans are mostly cut now and the field around here are full of geese. They get hard pressure in most any area you are allowed to shoot geese, especially if it is accessible. They never come to the marsh except to drink.

I didn't get a shot today. But, had a pair of hooded mergansers fly right between me and my decoys about ten feet off the water. They didn't see me. I quacked and they came around again and offered a nice shot, then landed about 50 yards from me, maybe 20 yards outside my decoys. Then they proceeded to take a bath and look for minnows some. If it was just a drake I might have shot. Hoodies are good to eat, but there are very few of them around here and I just couldn't tear up a pair.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you haven't tried naan bread before especially the home made version you've got to give it a try....you'll thank me.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morn_______ing folks.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX