THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mornin'.

It's friggin' 20 degrees out. I swear, I'm getting a job with Norfolk Southern down in Georgia when I move out.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Rook, RC, ARC, Bill, and the rest of the renowned crew!

Same here on the coffee RC, coming up a little short on the keeping me out of trouble, part.

Charging I-pad and brewing coffee, is that considered multi-tasking???

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Rusty, you sneaked in, didn't see you. Cold there?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20191107_114601.jpg
20191107_114138.jpg
20191107_113736.jpg
Not nearly as bad as we thought....props are bent, but not to bad at all !! We got lucky !! Boats are piling up at this spot each day, and a large hatteress moteryacht is layed over on its side high and dry right now. He piled up on the shoal just minutes after us. Several other boats came in yesterday with much worse damage than us. So I drove home yesterday from st. Augustine and will return when everything is fixed. Long drive from one end of Florida to the other !! I thought that the boat lift was gonna break under the 90 ton load....the tires looked like they were gonna roll off the rims under the load !!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mornin'.

It's friggin' 20 degrees out. I swear, I'm getting a job with Norfolk Southern down in Georgia when I move out.

It's not but 26 there.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning Msbeepbeep.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning, bill, Rook, Bart.

Bart, did you forgot to unload all that treasure you found detecting before they lifted the boat out?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad the damage is less. Can the state dredge that spot?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
RR
The Norfork in Sunny Georgia 67d29f089d06334c04e66a2bc6593eb9.jpg :laughing7:
Im thinking it's cold on any of them.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning bart.
Good to hear y'all will be sea worthy soon.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant believe that a state funded project would use a fly by night company that did not display any of the internationally recognized symbols and shapes that are used to help boat traffic understand the situation and circumstances concerning the dredge work taking place !! They had a small cardboard sign that read " stay on this side ". When the dredge is facing south that sign will but you in safe deep water....but as the dredge pivots and faces north that sign puts you on the opposite side in very shallow water !! We alerted the coastguard and I'm sure that company will be in deep poo poo !! We wont be the one who sue for damages...but I'm sure others will !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_shapes
Even in the best of conditions these signs and shapes can be complicated and difficult to understand !! You can imagine how difficult it could be with absolutely nothing to indicate to traffic exactly what's going on. If someone was killed this company would be held responsible !!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning GB.
Looks like the cold is moving in. I think our chipmunk may have been something's dinner, haven't seen him in 3 weeks, the squirrels are still out scampering around gathering food.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I cant believe that a state funded project would use a fly by night company that did not display any of the internationally recognized symbols and shapes that are used to help boat traffic understand the situation and circumstances concerning the dredge work taking place !! They had a small cardboard sign that read " stay on this side ". When the dredge is facing south that sign will but you in safe deep water....but as the dredge pivots and faces north that sign puts you on the opposite side in very shallow water !! We alerted the coastguard and I'm sure that company will be in deep poo poo !! We wont be the one who sue for damages...but I'm sure others will !!

bart
Our Tenn-tom waterway is 100 yrs. wide and averages 11 feet deep. Needless to say it has to be dredged often. When they do dredge it closes all traffic. I've had to call a buddy to get my truck and bring it to another ramp so I could take my boat out. Now I always check with Lock A to see if any dredges are working in my area.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread