THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Much of war strategy was keeping tabs on the troops of others. Pursuit or retreat/evasion could be a response to near contact. Cat and mouse kind of ,with some leaders seeming to avoid other/enemy troops too much. (Lincoln had a heck of a time sometimes getting much (or any) , offensive action out of certain leaders despite their knowing who was where.)

Defensive lines / digging in and or building breastworks stopped an outfit pushed too hard sometimes ,or wanting to make a defense at a particular location.. Now lines are established regardless of colors. Yes skirmishers or scouts or signal corps or cavalry could be adjacent or deployed , but part of strategy was keeping tabs on who was where and when/where to slug it out.
But coordination by knowing who was where was not always successful...

Chancellorsville. At night. Jackson. What happened?

Mosby's Rangers likely were out of contact more often than they were in contact/communication of whereabouts.
Obviously had their /a manner of entering a picketed perimeter /i.d.ing themselves.

Many leaders were in prior wars. Even fought together.
With West Point educations in common too, an informal formality could give some structure in terms of more formal lines of fighting. Lines often shuffled and crossed of course , but artillery positions and who held the in a major engagement left little question as to who's Army was where.
Previous and current scouting/recon kept tabs on particular leaders movements. Usually.

Cloths mattered , but as far as telling who was on who's side out of uniform....(or for those lacking uniform) One wants to say it's by who's camp or troops they are with.
But...Even if they're in your Army's uniform ,do you trust some one you don't know approaching your position out of the blue should pass?
Now West Point or your leaders procedure is in effect. Or.......
Thanks, RC. My heads still fuzzy wuzzy, but I think you are saying they took measures, but still it could get confusing.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROOK... question...

Why is it you acknowledge "what is it" solves to those that did not solve ?... and seems you totally disregard me in those threads.

And I am the one who solved ? ? ?

:/

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wish I could, my video thread needs more. Maybe you could explain how to post videos for dummies?

I thought I already did that. Check your thread, I posted something. I have got to find someone with an Ipad so that I can get hands on to try and figure it out.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ROOK... question...

Why is it you acknowledge "what is it" solves to those that did not solve ?... and seems you totally disregard me in those threads.

And I am the one who solved ? ? ?

:/

When was the last What is it? I don't recall the last contest and I try to like everyone I can. If you need more likes I'll try to help you out when I deem needed.
On the other hand I've noticed in the mornings I don't receive a like at times. No big deal to me. I get paid by the post not the like and double on Sunday.:laughing7:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My prayers WD....keep your chin up sis.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When was the last What is it? I don't recall the last contest and I try to like everyone I can. If you need more likes I'll try to help you out when I deem needed.
On the other hand I've noticed in the mornings I don't receive a like at times. No big deal to me. I get paid by the post not the like and double on Sunday.:laughing7:

... :P

Walk the plank ! ! !

Unless u have Rum.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only Rum breath at the moment :laughing7:

Arrrrg ! ! !

That breath ! ! !

Walk the plank and when you get down there wash your mouth out.

Bart get the grappling hook ready to hoist him back on board. :P

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0014.jpg

Last full moon of the decade last night made for a good Confederate flag picture.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread