THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rusty,

I'm hedging my bets.....all of the above....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

I never had my heart set on just one.:laughing7:

969d00caf12f26c457fddfac9ee50f05.jpg 46-pantherophis_obsoletus.jpg A_Green_Tree_Python.jpg corn-snake-from-the-lower-florida-keys-530475947-588124bc5f9b58bdb3ec9f93.jpg emerald-tree-boa.jpg Grey-banded-Kingsnake.jpg

I've handled snakes since I was four, love em' to death. If I get my railroad job, they'd be the perfect pet. Very low maintenance, quiet, and I only have to feed them once a week, if that. So which one will I get? I dunno. Not all of them, but I hope more than one.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning bart R.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning rook.....what's going on in your neck of the woods ?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
DING DING DING! We have a winner!
I never had my heart set on just one.:laughing7:
I've handled snakes since I was four, love em' to death. If I get my railroad job, they'd be the perfect pet. Very low maintenance, quiet, and I only have to feed them once a week, if that. So which one will I get? I dunno. Not all of them, but I hope more than one.
How about a red on yellow Florida fellow?

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How about a red on yellow Florida fellow?

I'll take the Milk snake look alike, but defanged snakes cost waaaay too much.

I just checked how much i would cost to get a snake, and I can get a Corn snake for $20 bucks a pop. Ball Pythons are under $100, along with almost every other snake I like... Green Tree Pythons were $1,000 so I think they're out. :laughing7:

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning fellow rum rounders,........

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take the Milk snake look alike, but defanged snakes cost waaaay too much.

I just checked how much i would cost to get a snake, and I can get a Corn snake for $20 bucks a pop. Ball Pythons are under $100, along with almost every other snake I like... Green Tree Pythons were $1,000 so I think they're out. :laughing7:

Come on down to Florida and you can catch your own python RR !!

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a bunch down there!

They would welcome the help getting rid of one!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Come on down to Florida and you can catch your own python RR !!

Sorry, but no Burmese Pythons for me! No Reticulated Pythons, no Boas, none of that. :laughing7:

I remember watching Swamp Wars on Animal planet from the time I was 6, until the show ended, whenever that was. That show taught me snake handling, and a lot about what I know about snakes. It also showed me how BIG pythons (not the little ones, like ball pythons, etc.) DO NOT make good pets!:laughing7:

Ball pythons = small and cute. African Rock Pythons = Death.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is a reptile zoo in Pennsylvania, Clyde Peelings Reptileland. https://reptiland.com/

Visit it if you can, it's an amazing place. They had a 25 foot long Anaconda there, and even a 30 footer Reticulated Python at one point.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RR when he worked as a bartender,..............

giphy.gif

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning Sanman

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Got to love it. 4-6" more inches of rain today, tomorrow and Wednesday.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning rook,.......

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

A funny story....a local restaurant where I have breakfasts sometimes a gal said she had a pet python that used to sleep between her and the boyfriend.

All of a sudden it stopped eating so she brought it to the vet to have it checked out. The vet checked out the snake and told her nothing was wrong.

She asked why it had stopped eating and the vets response was the snake is fasting getting ready for a feast and guess what you're on the menu since it would stretch out along the bed measuring her for size.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

There is a reptile zoo in Pennsylvania, Clyde Peelings Reptileland. https://reptiland.com/

Visit it if you can, it's an amazing place. They had a 25 foot long Anaconda there, and even a 30 footer Reticulated Python at one point.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That actually happened in Florida a couple of years back to a young child, whose parents pet python slept in their bed.
Not such a funny story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread