THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's an article on black raspberries for those who might have an interest.

https://practicalselfreliance.com/wild-black-raspberries/

I'll be heading out shortly for my morning walk. There's a nice patch of wild black raspberries in the park so I'll be taking along a pair of garden shears to clear some of the old canes as well as the wild grapes that are taking over.

Want to encourage the berries to give off a good harvest with all this crap going on I'm refreshing my foraging skills. Who knows how long this is going to go on.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will be getting that rain this evening into Sunday...maybe Monday too. But then rain clears the air.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever herd the term deserted island ? Well let me tell ya....it sure is nice. I just realized that it really is all the touron drivers that suck and not the locals. It's been great last few days...everyone spaced out nicely, no tail gating or crazy passing. Just nice orderly driving. Our beach was still open with everyone nicely spaced out on the sand. One guy came 6 feet from me to tell me he saw a family searching for a lost item. He showed me where they were searching on Wednesday but I found nothing. Seems this park was well searched by someone else recently.....I saw dig holes in the shallow water. Almost feels like the bahamas as life in the keys slows down even more !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Broke into the brick of Bustelo coffee stashed on top of the fridge.
I donno Bart , I think it's an acquired taste. Antique dirt or something...:laughing7: It sure ain't Colombian.

Cold rain all night. Cold rain continues with a shot at thunderstorms. It's spring here! Yessss.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup RC definitely acquired taste...pretty strong stuff. My wife cant drink it...to strong for her. My father would make espresso with it and raised me on those little shots of cuban espresso !! Now I love it !!

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love strong coffee. Otherwise it’s just tea.

@Simon.., Scoot is ok. Vet gave him some kinda shot for his allergies. He’s not hacking as much but boy it has made him thirsty. Al night long back and forth to the water bowl. Had to get up in the middle of the night to take him out... would have exploded had I not. Other than that... seems fine. Ears all cleared up. Hopefully the rest will to after pollen season is over.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be heading out shortly for my morning walk. There's a nice patch of wild black raspberries in the park so I'll be taking along a pair of garden shears to clear some of the old canes as well as the wild grapes that are taking over.

Want to encourage the berries to give off a good harvest with all this crap going on I'm refreshing my foraging skills. Who knows how long this is going to go on.

Bill,
The morning walk, what a novel idea. I think I'm ready for easing into a routine that includes exercise.
It's been 9 days since I got the nerves in my lower spine oblated. The discomfort/pain level is leveling off at about maybe a 2. Been doing light yard work, pulling weeds, picking up trash that blew in. Still need to get the garden ready.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart see what happens when only locals are allowed in your paradise! They are turning back all that don't live full time there at the bridge.
Traffic in and out of Boston looks like 3 am. on a weekday probably less.
Our governor wants all coming into our state to self quartine...good luck with that one.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning Msbeepbeep.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Like Idahodutch, I need to give the bride a hand in the flower traps. Beds:laughing7:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning mates,
Hope everybody is felling ok.
I think that maybe my wife and I had the cv. Really tight in the chest. Unusually tight for chest congestion.
Both had slight fevers, some night sweats, and weak.
Last couple of days been feeling better.

The tightness in the chest was concerning me, glad it broke up.
We didn't get tested, and won't. Just keeping space.

I wonder if Trump's plan to drain the swamp, is just about ready to deploy.
He said he wants to open things back up by Easter.

Wouldn't that be nice 👍

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rusty you must have an endless supply of trees....there would be nothing left in my yard by now !!

Let me put it to you this way: Last year we had our property select cut logged, and they carried out 30 truckloads of logs. You would never know they were here, because we have such thick forests.

DSC_0326.jpg

To the left of the photo is trees, to the right is trees. Behind us is trees, and in the photo, there is a mile of trees straight ahead.

Side note, in the distance in the photo is a limestone quarry, exactly one mile from our house. Every day they set off explosions to get the limestone off the cliffs. If we're lucky, we might even see the explosions.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning mates,
Hope everybody is felling ok.
I think that maybe my wife and I had the cv. Really tight in the chest. Unusually tight for chest congestion.
Both had slight fevers, some night sweats, and weak.
Last couple of days been feeling better.

The tightness in the chest was concerning me, glad it broke up.
We didn't get tested, and won't. Just keeping space.

I wonder if Trump's plan to drain the swamp, is just about ready to deploy.
He said he wants to open things back up by Easter.

Wouldn't that be nice ��

I hope you are right. But I really think that it will be longer. A lot of people are not taking this seriously.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok. I just saw a bulletin from the CDC. They strongly recommend that we only tell "inside jokes" until further notice.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol Doubter, inside here would have to be a rum joke.

Hi Rook!

Good morning IdahoDutch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread