THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon crew mates .
The buyer t'was not moi HP. The Captain wouldn't give me the key to the chest of doubloons!
As for drinking it...I would have to think long & hard on that one! 50\50 odds hmmm..
Bet you could get a good price for a bottle of it at lab that does research on bio weapons tho :laughing7:

I think if I had a bottle and poured you a cup, you would at least taste it :D
I think I would. But maybe research that sort of thing first. Thing is, if you lived you would have something to brag about!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe if we light a match and it still burns. The alcohol content is still high enough to kill stuff you don't want to injest. If not...i don't know...maybe.

Bart great things are really lining up for you! Hope you find tons of awesome treasure!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the iron coming out of my little spot now !! The last few cobbs are coming up with the iron reinforcement banding from an iron chest. I've seen it before and I've just now began to collect up the fragments and preserve them. They are immersed in distilled water that's changed daily. When it's time I'll use Tom's paraffin wax treatment. 20190929_182047.jpg 20190929_182040.jpg 20190929_182122.jpg 20190929_182055.jpg 20190929_182113.jpg
I dont care what people think when I say I'm on a chest....most laugh !! Most have never seen the whole collection from this spot....I dont care because I do know what I've found. I'll preserve a bunch more of this for the doubters and in the end I'll see what I can figure out. It's a nice little cache that pays out over time a little here and there....I'm patient !!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!! Congrats ARC!!
You know what you've found, what others think, pffft!

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe if we light a match and it still burns. The alcohol content is still high enough to kill stuff you don't want to injest. If not...i don't know...maybe.

Bart great things are really lining up for you! Hope you find tons of awesome treasure!

Probably blow ourselves up :laughing7:

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RR,

You can make money on EBay either buying or selling the trick is you need a game plan. Me and the missus buy postage stamps for resale, however, we have a short list of sellers that we frequent that buy and sell via auction in large volumes.

We resell to fellow stamp collectors at a couple of clubs we belong to. We don't get rich but it makes us a bit of extra cash over the year say $5,000 or so in profit.

Here's an example a used copy of a Vatican stamp from the 1930's. Cataloged at $37.50 we'll sell it at 1/3 catalog or $12.50 we paid $3.34 so not a bad deal.

Most dealers would sell that stamp for 50% or more of catalogue so the collector wins also, the thing is we don't have any overhead and we don't need the money to put food on the table so we're not greedy.

Don't try to sell coins. Ebay takes 10% and Paypal takes 5% so 15% comes right off the top plus insured shipping. When I bought my house I was short $10k. I put 10 1 oz gold coins on ebay and sold them all within a few days. At spot price and after fees and shipping I lost $1,424.00 from spot price. I would have been better off selling to a pawn shop.

I sold a detector on ebay and the buyer put in a claim "not as described" I don't know why because it was like brand new. Ebay gave him his money back from my account and said to have him ship the detector back to me. I emailed him 3 times but got no response. I contacted Ebay and they said it was now between me and him and wouldn't give me his phone #. He still has the detector and I'm out my money.
Ebay has become a big ripoff.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the iron coming out of my little spot now !! The last few cobbs are coming up with the iron reinforcement banding from an iron chest. I've seen it before and I've just now began to collect up the fragments and preserve them. They are immersed in distilled water that's changed daily. When it's time I'll use Tom's paraffin wax treatment.
I dont care what people think when I say I'm on a chest....most laugh !! Most have never seen the whole collection from this spot....I dont care because I do know what I've found. I'll preserve a bunch more of this for the doubters and in the end I'll see what I can figure out. It's a nice little cache that pays out over time a little here and there....I'm patient !!

Bart... Keep it up my friend...

Take photo's... and keep posting... I for one thoroughly enjoy your posts... and I like the fact that you share your adventures.

And especially on this ... keep us posted.

So... "as you were". :)

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't try to sell coins. Ebay takes 10% and Paypal takes 5% so 15% comes right off the top plus insured shipping. When I bought my house I was short $10k. I put 10 1 oz gold coins on ebay and sold them all within a few days. At spot price and after fees and shipping I lost $1,424.00 from spot price. I would have been better off selling to a pawn shop.

I sold a detector on ebay and the buyer put in a claim "not as described" I don't know why because it was like brand new. Ebay gave him his money back from my account and said to have him ship the detector back to me. I emailed him 3 times but got no response. I contacted Ebay and they said it was now between me and him and wouldn't give me his phone #. He still has the detector and I'm out my money.

Should have insisted he return money first. I never had a bad experience buying on ebay.Always checked ratings, asked questions.
Not sure-Etsy might be better for selling. But would avoid selling gold either place.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Check out the iron coming out of my little spot now !! The last few cobbs are coming up with the iron reinforcement banding from an iron chest. I've seen it before and I've just now began to collect up the fragments and preserve them. They are immersed in distilled water that's changed daily. When it's time I'll use Tom's paraffin wax treatment.

That is truly a great find!

I am a natural born doubter. I have seen some folks posts on here, and they claim to find treasure, and secrets that the FBI left behind, and Civil War Gold, but none of them offer any sort of proof for my inquisitive mind to gnaw on.

I believe you, however. You show proof, and I see it coming from your sites. Nobody else shows proof, but you do. That, and I know your an honest hard working man, who takes pride in his job and life.

Keep at it, and good luck with the preservation!

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

You know what you've found and that's what matters. I know a bit about a lot of different stuff just enough to make me dangerous.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What sucks is, ebay has so many fees, along with paypal, you have to rip someone off almost in order to break even. It's ridiculous, and now ebay is forcing me to pay 3% sales tax! Bullcrap! That's why I try so hard to sell on forums, but it doesn't work too well.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now Rusty... see how I quoted Barts post without the photo's ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread