THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

Nice to see you drop in, hopefully, things are going well for you.

Thanks, Bill. Yep, just terrific! (sarcastic) In a couple more hours, I should have the cleanest house in the county, maybe the state! Playing the game.

I have been lurking, though. Y'all got some new crew mates. That's great!

I will downsize my pics and post them so you can see what I have been up to. Then, I need to get back to my chores.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
RR
It doesn't really matter which machine you buy first. Believe me or not, if you a serious about relic hunting, you will eventually own at least 3 maybe 4 machines. Or you can but 1 or 2 multi frequency machines. I have a Deus with the black and white coils. That machine has 9 different frequencies I could run. I don't use but 3 but they are there if wanted. I'm not trying to steer you away from any machine but multi.freq is improving at a fast rate. The AT line of machines are great. I own one. But twice the weight of the Deus. That probably doesn't matter now but later in years it probably will.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr Wd found this and came in and told me he had a photo op for me. So, A2coins, they are still out there. And, worldtalker, I am still practicing.

praying mantis1.JPG

praying mantis2.JPG

praying mantis3.JPG

praying mantis4.JPG

praying mantis5.JPG

praying mantis12.JPG

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally made it back to the big creek. It is a hard trek with all those trees splintered, toppled and twisted up. I found a bunch of broken stuff and where there is more in the bank. A friend is coming over tomorrow and we are going to try and dig. The ground is very hard from lack of rain.

09-28-19 - 1.JPG

09-28-19 - 2.JPG

09-28-19 - 3.JPG

09-28-19 - 4.JPG

09-28-19 - 5.JPG

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RR
It doesn't really matter which machine you buy first. Believe me or not, if you a serious about relic hunting, you will eventually own at least 3 maybe 4 machines. Or you can but 1 or 2 multi frequency machines. I have a Deus with the black and white coils. That machine has 9 different frequencies I could run. I don't use but 3 but they are there if wanted. I'm not trying to steer you away from any machine but multi.freq is improving at a fast rate. The AT line of machines are great. I own one. But twice the weight of the Deus. That probably doesn't matter now but later in years it probably will.

From what I hear, the Equinox is as light as a feather. Like my dad likes to say about me, I'm young, and got my health, so weight is not an issue for me now. Later, like you said, yes it might be.

Also like you said, 2+ detectors are in my future, but this is a big purchase for me, so I like to get opinions on the matter before I do anything. I probably started a war in the detecting forum, because I asked which machine is better, and you NEVER do that around a bunch of guys with detectors. So far, I have not gotten one straight answer in that thread, each has there own personal preferences.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
RR

From what I hear, the Equinox is as light as a feather. Like my dad likes to say about me, I'm young, and got my health, so weight is not an issue for me now. Later, like you said, yes it might be.

Also like you said, 2+ detectors are in my future, but this is a big purchase for me, so I like to get opinions on the matter before I do anything. I probably started a war in the detecting forum, because I asked which machine is better, and you NEVER do that around a bunch of guys with detectors. So far, I have not gotten one straight answer in that thread, each has there own personal preferences.

I think people end up with multiple machines because each has something the operator prefers over the other. I already have 2 and I have only been doing this for 2 years. The Delta is good for the beginner, it is a beast at finding rusty objects, and it is light weight, and as I said before, can tolerate the electrical interference better. The Max I got to take to the creek and go underwater with. Um, tornado put a stop to that. Probably God kept me from drowning myself. :tongue3: But, so far, it has been better at finding coins when I take it up to the campgrounds. You have to use them for a while and figure out what you like/don't like about them. Just choose one and go for it. I don't think you can really go wrong with either one.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

It really comes down to me anyway what type soil are you more likely to dig the most. Mineralized or mild soil. Hot soil favors the Minelabs. Mild in my humble option favors the White, Fisher, AT's. I bought a Minelab Explorer years ago and it didn't respond to my soil as well as the Fisher LTD I traded for. It cost me 200 trade in from Kellyco but the Fisher works better in mild soil. Buying the first machine is always the hardest decision.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, Bill. :thumbsup: I hoped you all liked them.

OK I better go. It's been great chatting. I'll be lurking. :lurk:

Uh, make sure ARC, bart, and beeps save me some rum for next time.

Simon, and ECS post up some videos and tell about them. Oh, by the way, Simon, I saw you posted the same Johnny Cash video that I said was my favorite. Mister, you do not play fair! LOL!

Where is Relevant Chair? I hope all is well with him. ???

Toecutter
, I love your quotes!

RTR, we saw someone driving a Cobra the other day. Dark blue. I didn't take a pic, sorry.

GB
, hang in there, it will cool down.

Bill,
how about a fermenting grapes video? Would that be wine making? LOL?

Rusty, happy belated birthday! Be careful about keeping company with Peyton Manning. There are pics on here of him wearing a tutu.

Rook, I think I already picked on you enough for one day. LOL! But, FYI, I am finding cans that are missing pull tabs. Maybe we can match them up?

Tom?
Are you lurking? Dude, bring it back. I have a trophy for you!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
good morning. nice to see you pop in WD:hello:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It really comes down to me anyway what type soil are you more likely to dig the most. Mineralized or mild soil. Hot soil favors the Minelabs. Mild in my humble option favors the White, Fisher, AT's. I bought a Minelab Explorer years ago and it didn't respond to my soil as well as the Fisher LTD I traded for. It cost me 200 trade in from Kellyco but the Fisher works better in mild soil. Buying the first machine is always the hardest decision.

I hunt different soils. I live on top of an old Iron ore furnace, so my soil is somewhat "irony". I love DIV in Virginia, and that soil is mineralised out the wazoo... Everywhere else is pretyy much "normal" if you will. So much to consider...

I did find one site, for a bout $600, you get the AT PRO, Garret pinpointer, garret digging tool, case, headphones, coil, carrying bag, gloves, etc. Not bad at all, and that has my eye. But I also like the looks of the AT MAX, and Equinox 800. Decisions, decisions...

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning guys its Bur baby, from 95* yesterday to 50* today

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning RTR. YEP IT was 64 here this morning. Cooler weather is on tha way.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Someone had the nerve to message me on ebay, and call my 32 pounder grapeshot a fake. I put a picture up of a stand photographed by Jack Melton, a period photo of grape, and described it the best I could, including the fact that it matched the size and weight of the CW shot tables. You just can't please some people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread