The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT"

EDDE said:
side note i knew a lady
her mother smoked over 2 packs a day
chewed the gum
AND had the patch!!! :o

OMG! Prolly kept her smoking down from 4 packs a day...

S

stefen

Tried the patch once and found that they were too hard to keep lit ;D

All kidding aside, I stopped cold-turkey about 9 months ago and have had absolutely no physical urge to pick up another cig.

Threw away all matchs, lighters, ash trays and other crutches (I limp a lot now though).

No weight gain either...

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

I'm in with ya- been planning on it since our new insurance kicks in on the first. They'll cover Chantix, so I'm gonna do it again. Second time I quit, I used Zyban and it worked pretty good, lasted 6 months. Had a family problem and went right back under the stress.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

the zyban made me not want to smoke so it works however the side effects for me was that I was dizzy and out of it off and on during the day..no thank you...I can just imagine if I was depressed and went on the stuff for depression, I would of really been in laaa laaa land.

Add me to the list too, I will try to stop cold turkey this time around.

My mom died in June from it and 2 wks later found out my dad had it and he is going through treatment now. After 60yrs smoking he gave it up..Yep I am mighty proud of him and the least I can do is give it up too. God help my poor kids though when I quit!

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

txkickergirl said:
the zyban made me not want to smoke so it works however the side effects for me was that I was dizzy and out of it off and on during the day..no thank you...I can just imagine if I was depressed and went on the stuff for depression, I would of really been in laaa laaa land.

Add me to the list too, I will try to stop cold turkey this time around.

My mom died in June from it and 2 wks later found out my dad had it and he is going through treatment now. After 60yrs smoking he gave it up..Yep I am mighty proud of him and the least I can do is give it up too. God help my poor kids though when I quit!

You're in! :)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Hello Jim. I'm Jeff and I'm a compulsive smoker. It's been 35 years since my last breath of fresh air. :D
Dad quit after 35 years--cold turkey. He asked mom what she wanted for Christmas--she said to quit smoking. He threw away the Winston's and hadn't lit up since. He just got out of the hospital not too long ago with a quadruple bypass and an aneurysm stint. My wife quit after 35 years as well last year.
I'll be 51 in a couple of weeks. Guess it's time to give myself an early birthday present. Hopefully I'll make it another 49 years. So put me down for a good college try.

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
The BEST of luck to all of you...

TRUST ME YOU CAN BEAT THIS...

The wife and I both were a pack a day smokers...Thankgiving marks one year for us...
We both feel better and have more energy...

YOU CAN DO IT...

Nick
Nick, My wife & I quit together also "15 years Oct 4th" after more than 30 years of smoking. Hang in there everyone.
Uncle Spud

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

stoney56 said:
Hello Jim. I'm Jeff and I'm a compulsive smoker. It's been 35 years since my last breath of fresh air. :D
Dad quit after 35 years--cold turkey. He asked mom what she wanted for Christmas--she said to quit smoking. He threw away the Winston's and hadn't lit up since. He just got out of the hospital not too long ago with a quadruple bypass and an aneurysm stint. My wife quit after 35 years as well last year.
I'll be 51 in a couple of weeks. Guess it's time to give myself an early birthday present. Hopefully I'll make it another 49 years. So put me down for a good college try.

WTG Stoney! You're in... :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

good luck to you guys! i can tell you from my own experience, quitting smoking is every bit as hard as quitting narcotics and drinking. anyone who says nicotine isn't an addictive drug is out of their mind! smoking is sooo bad for your health though, its worth the effort.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck, think i'll keep puffing tho.

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

Montana Jim said:
But - Its not November 1, 2007 yet... LMAO

So...

Jimmmm 8) I mean Jim ::) You guys are great !! I wish you all the very best at this wonderful non smoking commitment :) Great pic by the way ;)

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

I'm with Jim on the "I dont want to, but I know I have to", I'll give it a go. I think I might at least make the day LOL.

kenb

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck everyone.
Dwight D. Eisenhour once said, "Quitting smoking is easy, I've done it dozens of times". :P
I've had many friends & relatives die from smoking, I puffed cigars for several years, then chewed,been 'tobacco free' now for 22 years.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

kenb said:
I'm with Jim on the "I dont want to, but I know I have to", I'll give it a go. I think I might at least make the day LOL.

kenb

ken... go for the day! If you wanna try for more lemme know and I'll add you to the list!

Actually - I added you... go for it! :o

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

fossis said:
Good luck everyone.
Dwight D. Eisenhour once said, "Quitting smoking is easy, I've done it dozens of times". :P
I've had many friends & relatives die from smoking, I puffed cigars for several years, then chewed,been 'tobacco free' now for 22 years.

Fossis..............

WTG Fossis! Man... I'v ebeen at it for 25 years... 25 years toooo long. :(

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

OK.
damnit; I guess it's time.
Had pnuemonia (sp?) last Dec.
COPD...
on oxygen 24/7 until March.
Been smoking steady since St, Patrick's day :(
bad me.

ok....WE can do this ??? ??? :-\ ;)

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is quite amazing. Thank you MJ
The timing is perfect.
I have smoked - roll me owns - for 35 years,
with one small 18 month break in between.
I went cold turkey then and it was no problem.
I know this time it's going to be more difficult; But please add me to the list of future non-smokers (of tobacco 8))

Even if I have been smoke free for only 2 days before my 'number one' son's 23rd birthday on the 3rd of November, then maybe that will be sufficient for him, the vegan, animal protectionist (I just asked - and he says he's a vegananarchist :o ) to be at least be civil to me ;)

No problems with 'number two' son, he's a brilliant guitarist and will make his parents rich one day.

Otherwise, my wife and I, on a Triumph and another couple of friends on a Harley, are touring our South Island (Tourists' Heaven) next March.

and my mate on the Harley just gave up, a habit almost as bad as mine.

I don't want to be the 'sad man' anymore.

Count me in and I'll do ya proud!

Cheers, Mike

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck Jim and the rest of you. It'll be a year for me this November 25.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

trikikiwi
Ashleen
kenb

Alright!

Looks like the timing is good... i'll be a nice holiday gift to our families and others it sounds sounds like... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread