My dad, Mac232, passed away Feb. 11th

Shibryan28

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure how many of you from that time period are still active. He was a member since 2008 and stopped posting around 2012. He always enjoyed getting to spend time with me and go hunting with me. Those were some of the best times I got to spend with him. Especially when we went to that competition event at Vortex Springs in Florida. I will be heading home in a day or two to say my goodbyes. I came back on here to look over our posts we made together from that time. If anyone remembers Mac232 and me (Shiloh), I wouldn't mind hearing from you. I recognized pretty much all of the ones that posted on my dad's posts as I read through them.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I was not a member when your dad was here nor did I know him... condolences from myself and on behalf of TreasureNet.

OP
OP
S

Shibryan28

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I greatly appreciate your condolences.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My condolences to you and your family. Hold tight the memories of your time together hunting. Those times are the true treasures that one can hold in their heart, so they'll never be lost.

OP
OP
S

Shibryan28

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Well said, I'll keep that in mind as I go through this. Memories are very important.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you. Well said, I'll keep that in mind as I go through this. Memories are very important.

From loosing 5 of my family (that hunted/dug together) over one decade, and now adding another decade of time on top from the passing of my Mom, it like a never ending trip of a fallen heart and tears.
The years pass the memories of things fade, but what doesn't fade are those times where it was just such light hearted fun being with that special person for those few hours of hunting, digging, searching, sharing

OP
OP
S

Shibryan28

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, especially in the current times. This will be the most challenging death I face so far. I can only imagine what's next to come. This will help me better prepare for grievance in the future, I think. I'm looking forward to spending time around family during this and share moments amongst each other. Keeping a positive mindset through grievance is essential. I'm thankful my dad always brought me on his hunting trips, so now I can pass that tradition down to my own daughter.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss. Hang onto all those precious memories of time spent together because that will help ease the sorrow you are experiencing now.

OP
OP
S

Shibryan28

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be sure to hold on to every last one. I've stayed up all night for the past two nights rummaging through everything I can remember and thinking about how he always tried his best to raise me and my brother. It's comforting to relive those memories and feeling his presence.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure how many of you from that time period are still active. He was a member since 2008 and stopped posting around 2012. He always enjoyed getting to spend time with me and go hunting with me. Those were some of the best times I got to spend with him. Especially when we went to that competition event at Vortex Springs in Florida. I will be heading home in a day or two to say my goodbyes. I came back on here to look over our posts we made together from that time. If anyone remembers Mac232 and me (Shiloh), I wouldn't mind hearing from you. I recognized pretty much all of the ones that posted on my dad's posts as I read through them.

Sorry for your loss, I remember your dad's posts. We will do a memorial thread on your dad.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I too was not a member of TreasureNet during that time. I do wish your Dad God’s speed. My condolences to you and your family. Thanks for sharing with us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread