Explain your avatar

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
I use images of "The Duke" because, 1) I was named after him (my mother was a John Wayne fan) and 2) because he has been a sort of idol for me over the years - I like the image he most often portrayed both on and off screen - stalwart, practical, upstanding.

It's too bad most kids these days don't have men like him to look up to.

Diggem'

bluestem

Jun 11, 2007
Old Dog said:
Jeesh Sue,
That fits into the trail you are following perfectly.!

Can I haunt your kids when I die?

LOL
Thom

If only I knew how it fits in! They have their talents, but I can't get them to focus on the important things...!

Do you think you'll still be be hunting treasure after you die? It's fun and all, but I hope you can move on to more peaceful things. (We had a funeral today. I certainly hope that one has found peace. Odd timing that you mentioned death.) Of course, if that's what you want to do, maybe you'll be able to decipher who's on to something good on TNet and follow them around. Or you can just haunt me and point out signs I might miss otherwise. ;D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
bluestem said:
Our kids found mine in our creek, hid it for awhile, then gave it to us for our anniversary. Then they couldn't remember where they found it. I hope it wasn't there for any particular reason. One of my favorite gifts ever.

I love that, bluestem..... :)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Here's one for you to use Diggem- I found this awhile back and was gonna use it myself, but no worries. joh wayne.jpg

Uh oh, only 2 to go til my free lap dance. :-[

I hope Jeff isn't watching.................

levis_dad

Jun 3, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Detector(s) used
BH Landstar
I used this pic because Levi is the best little buddy in the history of little buddies.
And he is always laughing...even when he is crying he is laughing...

the sig at the bottom is a buck watching out for his doe and fawn...that is how I am whenever us three are out anywhere.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I was going to change my avatar, which I periodically do, but now I am obligated to keep my avatar the way it is. Otherwise my post from a few weeks back will not make any sense!!

Can we let this post die so I can change it?

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm changing mine pretty soon...I'm just going to put the current pic in the body of the message.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I change mine from time to time out of bordom .This one is one of the few nice roman coins I dug while overseas .I think I found about 25 roman coins and this one is the only one that is good and readable.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
I like the X-Files, but Frasier is my favorite TV show.
I change my avatar frequently.

Timberwolf

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Mine is self explanatory . I live in WV . A hillbilly is a hillbilly . Mine is actually a recent picture
of me . I have a few more good poses I may use later .

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess what - my real name isn't Harry Morant

Harry Morant is an Australian folk hero. He was an officer in the Boer War who was court martialled and executed by the British. The story goes that there was a standing order from General Kitchener that Boers caught in British Uniform were to be shot. Morant as the the commanding officer of a irregular unit whose task was to hunt down Boer commandos was subsequently put on trial for shooting prisoners after his friend had been captured, killed and mutilated by the Boers. A German missionary who was believed to be aiding the Boers had also been found shot. There was a lot of political pressure in Britain at the time to keep Germany out of the conflict and what better way for the British to keep the Germans happy, just shoot some Australians.

Anyway to put a long story short, Morant and another officer were found guilty and executed. His last words were to the firing squad "Shoot straight you b-----ds! Don't make a mess of it!".

It caused an uproar in Australia in 1902 as Morant was a well known bush poet and writer and this led to a lot of anti-British feelings. Largely as a result of this incident the Australian Army has never accepted British Military justice or that of any other country with regard to its soldiers and citizens.

Gary

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro said:
Here's one for you to use Diggem- I found this awhile back and was gonna use it myself, but no worries.

Uh oh, only 2 to go til my free lap dance. :-[

I hope Jeff isn't watching.................
CLASSIC!

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
My oldest coin ever dug by detecting was the 1875 Seated Half found last March.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I do a lot of stuff with photo shop & made mine a long time ago fer a Medal of Honor website (WW2 PC game). I like skulls, have over 100 here in my office, nothing real of course.......im not morbid! AP stands fer Aggressive Perfector, an old song by one of my fave bands Slayer & represents my on-line gaming style pretty closely. Im too aggressive & am trying to perfect my level of aggression to achieve a higher level. lol Ive used AP for a lot of years now on a lot of different sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions