The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know some of your avatars have obvious meanings or significance, but some do not. I have used several...my current one is of a sunrise in Galveston I took a while back. I love hunting at sunrise...nothing better. Some others I've used are finds, some are funny (or, at least what I consider funny :)) and some I just like the pic and what it reminds me of. What does your avatar mean to you?

HH!
TBGO

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My avatar is a photo from a CW relic hunt I went on with my father. Going hunting with him is one of the greatest treasures this hobby has to offer.

Regards,

Buckleboy

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I chose mine when the first of those silly Geico commercials hit the tube, as I thought it funny. I tried to change it, but was attacked in the following ways: Gypsy put a curse on me (I don't want to get into the details), Mona threatened me with bodily harm, PBK wrote me a scalding swear filled hate mail (which was eloquently written I might add), Ashleen broke up with me, Hoss challenged me to a duel, Marc initiated legal action, JeffofPA threatened to ban me, Nana explained that she was crying uncontrollably, SWR pelted my house with yams, and Mojjax stole my dog (realistically its probably better off with him anyway). It was only Montana Jim that had the sense to bribe me, so $8 later my avatar remains (thanks again Jim).
At least that's the way I remember it.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Mastereagle is just a combination of streets where I have owned homes. Twenty two was because when I set up my TNet account that was how many coins I had found. The two detectors are my favorite machine right now the Explorer II and the Deleon.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The name 'Fossil Hunter' was taken, so I opted for 'Fossis'.
I started with a 'wood carving' of a mountain man, then changed to the mountains & valleys where I enjoy my pastime.

Fossis............

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Taken by my wife in Nov. 1983 on the Lolo trail (Lewis & Clark Rt.) Bitterroot range Idaho. We snowshoed in and trapped Marten for a month out of a makeshift camp. Our biggest adventure.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name tx--cause I am from texas and Kickergirl---cause I am a country girl
the pics I change often, just what ever I see that I like.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
"What," an inquiring young mind demanded, "is that weird looking white thing above the initials in your avatar?"

It's the nib (point) of a fountain pen.

I chose it because I'm a heel-dragging Luddite who still prefers paper and ink to computers— and because I'm an editor.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Oh yah, mine is of, well, where I am.
And my name speaks for itself.
Unless I’m bass fishin. ;)

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure all of you all know I'm a Christian... so there's the screen name "God is Number 1 (in my life)"....
The avatar I had before was me down in Arequipa, Peru this past Summer on a Missions Trip.
I just changed my avatar a few days ago I think. I made a bunch of them on some Yahoo thing, based on my different personalities.
I made the one I have now look like an Explorer because he looks like me and it probably shows my personality the best.
Oh, and I've always wanted a red-tailed hawk as a pet... along with a wolf.

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread