Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX-SCOTT said:
I THINK SILVER FOX IS MISUNDERSTOOD

You got that right.

DFX-SCOTT said:
I THINK WHAT HES TRYING GET ARE LEADS TO BETTER SPOTS
AND TIPS ON WHERE TO GO.

Then he should ask for help with research, rather than trying to get information to get on someone else's spots >:(

DFX-SCOTT said:
GUYS TRY TO REMEMBER HE HAS HAD THIS METAL DETECTING BUG OR DISEASE ALOT LONGER THAN ALOT OF US;
WE CAN LEARN ALOT FROM HIM.

So...all of his sites are hunted out because he's been at it a long time? We can learn something from just about anyone on this forum--either through their triumphs, or through their failures. The digital world is NOT real. We really have little reason to lie on this site--and I take most members at face value. A newbie to Tnet could come on here and say they have 30 years detecting experience, make some fake posts, and win some cheap respect. All I have to say is that it all comes out in the wash. And suggestions like this don't cut it in my book.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
DFX-SCOTT said:
YOU GUYS WONT LOSE ME !!! :D
AND IM CRAZY AND GOOD LOOKING :D

Is this a post without a location?? :nono: lol

Sorry Silverfox....I really am not trying to ridicule you. I can see where it would be neat in a lot of ways to know at least the state someone is from but I also realize a lot of folks don't care for others knowing and that is their choice. I am more than willing to tell the general area I am from and the general area of where I find things. My intent was not to ridicule but you have to admit....these guys are a riot! lol

Shady Digger

Jun 21, 2007
Cool Ridge, WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TreasureTales said:
Redneckin Rookie said:
However, I dont think you should put your location in you display name, and it should be your choice to disclose the location

Well, let me analyze your statement a little bit. You don't think folks should incorporate their location in their screen names? Why not? What's the harm? And did you know that YOUR screen name says a lot about YOUR location? I mean, I know by that screen name that you are probably not in the Western USA, nor from the Northern states, and probably not from the Southwest, nor from a country other than the gold old USA. For example, odds are pretty good you're NOT from California. So did you want to rethink your statement now? Just kidding you.

Sure it's nice to know where folks find stuff, but that should not be a suggestion posted in the Today's Finds forum. See, Silver Fox in another forum was ragging on people who post things in the wrong forums, then he does it himself. That's kind of "do as I say, not as I do" and he's done it again because he doesn't always say where HE finds things.

Haha
I meant that it should also be your choice whether or not to put your location in your display name, as well as your choice to disclose the location

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
rofl I think you are all wrong....this should be posted under humor....or did it just get that way because we are all crazy? :tongue3: Oh......OREGON

LMBO
booty<<<<<<suffers from temporary Amnesthia.... omg where did I say I was??? anyone know.. :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Bootybay said:
Cynangyl said:
rofl I think you are all wrong....this should be posted under humor....or did it just get that way because we are all crazy? :tongue3: Oh......OREGON

LMBO
booty<<<<<<suffers from temporary Amnesthia.... omg where did I say I was??? anyone know.. :thumbsup:

New Jerkey? :tongue3:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
Bootybay said:
Cynangyl said:

LMBO

New Jerkey? :tongue3:

by all means Cyn, I'd love to have some homemade jerkey.... :icon_scratch:

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Idea Fox. A general location helps us understand where we should look in our own areas or if it is a florida beach person, I understand more ring finds.

SKD
WeDigOhio

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
TreasureTales said:
TreasureTales - currently residing in the Western Half of the Northern Hemisphere on the 3rd planet from the Sun. Soon to relocate to Venus - because there are too many men on Mars.

ROFLMAO too funny!!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Getting back on track...

I have often asked WHERE someone found something... a beach, UK, Florida... Canada?

When a whatsit get posted it important to know... so I ask if they don't volunteer the information.

I seldom look at "today's finds" so I guess I'm not in the loop anyway. :tard:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
TreasureTales - currently residing in the Western Half of the Northern Hemisphere on the 3rd planet from the Sun. Soon to relocate to Venus - because there are too many men on Mars.

good lordy...der goes da neighborhood, unless of course they also make New Jerkey there too

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
Getting back on track...

I have often asked WHERE someone found something... a beach, UK, Florida... Canada?

When a whatsit get posted it important to know... so I ask if they don't volunteer the information.

I seldom look at "today's finds" so I guess I'm not in the loop anyway. :tard:

Jim, I lost the loop so long ago that I forget the way home...

what next... what color drawers ( unisex word covers em all) we all wear during the week.. am sorry this has just struck me funny as hellllloooooooo

OP
OP
Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Bootybay said:
Silverfox,
If you look at everyones avatar, Most of the tnet members have their town and state listed right under their avatar.
If you like, you can go into your profile and add where your from, so then it will be on every post you make as well.. and also keep in mind, some folks do not like to post where they are located at.
You learn something new every day. I just followed your suggestion and did put my location and Avatar picture, etc. Didn't know how to do it before.

BTW, where is New Jerkey? :D

OP
OP
Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
DFX-SCOTT said:
Hey, Silver Fox, you are a unique individual !!
do you do this every time you post? That is specify were your located and were you found it.
just wondering :D

ps. is the wheather getting better in your area?
just wondering if your having any luck. I did today but im not ready to tell you because nate in ohio might come over and find my clad hot spot!!!!!!!!! I live near Bryan Ohio ,thats all Im saying for now.
scott
We are all unique, but you're right, I do stand out! I just learned how to edit my profile so now you can not only see what I look(ed) like but you can see where I'm from. Doesn't bother me to divulge "sensitive" info about myself.

The weather here in the NYC area is still iffy in the cool 40s and lower at night. Right now it's 37 degrees (wind chill 31, some Spring!) in Central Park where our weather station is located. That is a short distance from my apartment.

Don't tell Nate about that abandoned picnic area near you from the 1800s that you've been hitting! :icon_sunny:

DFX-SCOTT

Mar 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
SILVER FOX IS A GIRL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HILL I THOUGHT YOU WERE A GUY!!!!!!!!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
DFX-SCOTT said:
SILVER FOX IS A GIRL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HILL I THOUGHT YOU WERE A GUY!!!!!!!!

Um... he is a guy. LMFAO!

Oh my gawd that was funny... I have hard candy squirting out my nose! LMFAO

His hair IS fabulous though... :o

OP
OP
Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
TreasureTales said:
Silver Fox, I gotta ask you something. Are you a prison guard or a kindergarten teacher or what? I am an adult, if I want to tell folks where I dug something up, that's my choice. I happen to have my state listed on my profile information, so it appears on each and every post. Others may not want to state, they might want to remain more private. That's their choice, is it not? Lighten up, man, we're all one big happy (if sometimes argumentative) family here. Would you tell your mother to do all the stuff you tell us to do? Just wondering. Why don't you put your location on your profile so we'd always know where you're from? C'mon, practice what you preach. :icon_jokercolor:
You know, for a hobby where us, the participants, are out in public view the ones participating on these forums seem to be a bunch of paranoids! I didn't demand that ANYONE do anything. I merely suggested something that might be of interest to others as it is to me. It's been accepted by some and rejected by others. Par for the course.

In the meantime, if you and the rest that agree with you are a happy bunch, then YOU lighten up and not involve yourself in replying to my posts. Let those who enjoy them comment. Just ignore me. Be happy, don't worry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread