Horrible Accident that happened an hour ago in Mt Vernon, MO

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,
Please pray... my friend Nila was supposed to go skydiving today (her graduation gift) in Mt Vernon, MO... but right as her and her friend were about to get on their plane, they watched another plane that belonged to another skydiving company start to go out of control. Two people jumped out successfully, then a girl jumped but her body got caught on the tail of the plane. The plane started to go down, then crashed into a tree, pinning and (I believe) killing the girl against the tail of the plane and the tree... and the pilot was airflighted out, but he had alot of blood coming from his head and probably won't make it. My friend, who used to be an EMT in Alaska, watched helplessly by a couple of the people who were pulled from the plane as they died right there in front of her. I believe most of the people in that plane died upon impact. She was looking at the girl in the tree, pinned by the tail, when she called me, crying her eyes out...
Please pray for the families!!!!

Bran <><

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats horrible. im sorry to hear about it.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran, I will remember all in my prayers.. this is just so very sad..

booty

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I once watched as a fella plummeted down to the ground with his chute half open... that was a looooong 30 seconds or so. :(

Skydiving is for insane people.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all... I really appreciate it.
I watched the news, but they didn't know anything or if anyone was dead... and they thought what was hanging from the tail of the plane in their video of the plane against the tree was a parachute, but I called them and told them it was long red hair hanging down... which was the lady whose body was pinned between the plane and the tree.

My friend had asked me to go with her today, but I told her that God meant for my feet to remain on solid ground and that I'd never jump out of a plane unless I had no other choice. :-\

Bran <><

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
MY FAMILY AND I,
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH THOSE FAMILIES AND FRIENDS THAT
WERE IN THE ACCIDENT EARLIER.

OUR CONDOLENCES:
M L HUDSON & FAMILY

S

skydiv

skydiving today is one of the safest sports, of the over a million jumps per year a very small percentage of them die. As the post said above the plane went out of control, not the fault of the skydivers. My prayers are with them.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're correct skydiv, it wasn't anyone's "fault" who was on the plane... from what was said, it was plane malfunction/failure. I think they actually only got up to around 3,500 feet before people had to attempt the jump. I was told that 4 people jumped, including the lady whose body and parachute got caught on the tail of the plane as it crashed into a tree in a field.

It's a very sad story. I know I'd never go skydiving, because personally I'd rather keep both feet on the land or in the ocean. I don't belong in the air... unless Jesus is taking me to heaven in the Rapture.

I just talked with my friend a little bit ago when she got back to her apartment. She's clearly shaken, and has seen dead bodies before in her life... but she said she's never seen something like this before and it's shaken her to her core. I know just seeing the ladies hair on the news film, dangling from behind the tail of the plane, absolutely shook me up.

Again, thank you for all your prayers... and your continued prayers for the families will be very much appreciated, I'm sure!

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's finally on the news station's website now...
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/17945529.html

The video is on there too... you can see my friend Nila (the one with the blonde hair and the green hoodie wrapped around her waist) when they zoom in on the plane, as well as the long dark red hair hanging from the left side of the tail. :(

Bran <><

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO: for what it is worth, having been involved in two, most aircraft accidents involve very little pain since it happens so quickly. This one left me with three ribs and two neck vertabrae fractured, I could feel things breaking but no real pain ---for a day or so.

As for your friend, I can certainly sympathize with her.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• I hope that you realize that it wasan\'t MY falut that they put that cable there ©@.jpg
    I hope that you realize that it wasan\'t MY falut that they put that cable there ©@.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 455
S

skydiv

I'm no expert but, I have flown planes and did some skydiving. From the details posted here and the picture i think the plane stalled and fell to the ground. On a small plane likely to be a 4 passenger plane with 7 plus equipment I think they were over weight. When the pilot slowed the plane to about 45-50 mph to let the jumpers out the plane probably stalled and went down. They also climb at the maximum rate to get to the altitude for the jumpers to get out, that to can cause the plane to stall. Just my 2 cents that ain't worth much these days.

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
I agree with skydiv, possibly overweight plane. I'm a pilot, although not current, and although I haven't been in a crash (don't want to, either!), I have flown in severe winds, turbulence, and downdrafts (not much flying there, just praying, [INSTINCTIVE SHUDDER!])

Prayers being said for your friend and the others.

Cavers5

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Bran,
My prayers are with you all. Hang in there. I am glad your feet are on the ground.

Dale

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread