Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
I Don't Carry a Gun

Here is a forward that I received today. Some of you may like it :wink:

Subject: I Don't Carry A Gun

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

John Steinbeck issued a warning that all should remember:
"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an butt kicking'.

And remember, GOD created man, Sam Colt made them equal.

Timberwolf

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Re: I Don't Carry a Gun

How about this one:

I don't carry a gun, because these damn liberal demoncraps in Illinois think it would be like the old west (even though 48 other states have concealed carry - only Wisconsin is as *ssbackward as Illinois on this count). >:(

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
Everywhere.....

i carry everywhere...if you see me with my shirt untucked and hanging over my belt....

you can put money on the fact...that i carry...

not scared...just very respectful...as a former member of the Florida State Dept of Corrections and a former Polk County Sheriffs Deputy and 11 years of active duty military service...i have seen both the best and worst in people....i have been humbled by the sacrifice of others and torn by the inhumanity of mans actions towards others...i know and have seen what a human being is capable of doing in the wrong state of mind...

at the end of the day...i am going home....

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Casull said:
How about this one:

I don't carry a gun, because these damn liberal demoncraps in Illinois think it would be like the old west (even though 48 other states have concealed carry - only Wisconsin is as *ssbackward as Illinois on this count). >:(

Casull,

Fortunately, we have concealed carry permits here in Oklahoma.
I have one, and will continue to keep it (the permit), until they change their minds and decide to take our guns away.
They can then have my permit, but I intend to keep my guns!

TW

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Re: Everywhere.....

leefields said:
i carry everywhere...if you see me with my shirt untucked and hanging over my belt....

you can put money on the fact...that i carry...

not scared...just very respectful...as a former member of the Florida State Dept of Corrections and a former Polk County Sheriffs Deputy and 11 years of active duty military service...i have seen both the best and worst in people....i have been humbled by the sacrifice of others and torn by the inhumanity of mans actions towards others...i know and have seen what a human being is capable of doing in the wrong state of mind...

at the end of the day...i am going home....

Leefields,

I use to be a reserve police officer, and I know several members of law enforcement. What you say is true. Those that work directly with criminals, know how bad they can be.

The world has changed since we were kids. Back then you might get beaten up by a bully on your way home from school....now they just knife you or shoot you!

My work buddy has a 16yr old daughter who recently had a tiff with one of her friends. That girl threaten to kill her and her family over it!

Words of wisdom..."Don't take a knife to a gunfight". :wink:

TW

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Casull said:
How about this one:

dont forget silencers ::)

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

Thanks for sharing TW. I have a permit and I carry to even the odds.

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Thanks Pepper :)

TW

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OHIO TW: I personally always have been , and always will be, advocating the personal right of defense with firearms and the simple possesion of them, no permits needed. for either . snicker.

I received my first firearm for my 13 th birthday, a Winchester mod. 94 30-30. I still have it. So far, despite many remarks, I haven't gone down in a hail of gunfire on some bank's steps hmmm?

As a matter of fact, being well trained in firearm use is the reason that I am still able to post in here.

Back ground in firearms ---Military, State Correctional Facility of San Quintin, Calif, Drug investigation , US Border Patrol, then off for explorations in uninhabited or wild places in the Pacific basin. from China (Gobi) to Yucatan and then on to the then unknown barancas of Cobre, Chinapas, Mayo, and the Yaqui.

IYou may rest assured that I carried in those places, people can be wonderful and yet completely animalistic.

In the remote regions, the picture "the Treasure of rhe Sierra Madres" often is quite correct.

A little over two years ago, the military, federal and state enforcement people finally wiped out a band of 20 that were terrorizing the Tayopa area.

There is no difference between hiding in the uninhabited areas, or the city jungle. Human Animals abound in both.

If you aren't ready to enforce your own safety, as well as your families, then you are foolish, and out of luck when confronted by baddies. You cannot count upon your civic services people to do it, either time wise or inclination.

Favorite firearm inscription on a pistol ----->

"Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size, call upon me, and I will equalize"

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

RdT,

Thank you for your input.
I think Pepper has the right idea, ladies should not be alone without some form of self protection.
There are alot of undesirable folks out there :(

TW

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250

If every law abiding citizen carried there would be a lot less criminal activity . This has-been documented
in concealed carry states . Thankfully I live in one .

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TW...great post and unfortunately, very factual....it;d be nice if the world wasn;t like it is now, but reality is what it is.

An old adage but more true today than when it first came out..... Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it.... :thumbsup:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

That was a good desription of a law abidding citizens right to carry arms for self protection. In this country, not all states have consealed permits, but this don't mean you can't carry one, just don't conseal it. If you have to call 911 for protection, it will be too late. You will just be another statistic.
The second amendment must be upheld, or all our futures are in jeapordy. Without protection you are just a victim.

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

EDDE said:
Casull said:
How about this one:

Edde,

I don't believe that they are legal, but you can have a full-auto, if you get the Federal stamp :wink:

TW

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

WV Hillbilly said:
If every law abiding citizen carried there would be a lot less criminal activity . This has-been documented
in concealed carry states . Thankfully I live in one .

Read somewhere that the crime rate went down after Michigan increased the number of carry permits. I know that I have one and I sincerely hope that I never have to use it.

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Everyone,

Thanks for the posts :)
I hope we never have to use them....but I'm glad that at least for now....we can own them!

TW

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Timberwolf said:
EDDE said:
Casull said:
How about this one:

Edde,

I don't believe that they are legal, but you can have a full-auto, if you get the Federal stamp :wink:

TW
Federally you must meet the following requirements: Be at least 21 years of age, be a U.S. citizen, have no felony convictions or domestic violence convictions, have no dishonorable discharge, not deemed mentally unstable by a competent authority. Basically the same rules for owning a handgun. The NFA rules/laws are posted through the BATFE website.

At this time, the following states allow private ownership of silencers:
AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY. Of the sixteen states which do not allow civilian ownership, CA, IA, KS, MA, MO, and MI allow class 3 dealers and class two manufacturers to possess silencers.

on the form it will ask - the reason for use - "ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES"

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Edde,

Thanks for that information on the silencers, I didn't know.

When I ordered my Uzi (from a police officer), he tried to talk me into getting it in a full-auto version. I didn't see the need for that, plus I didn't want to give the BATF an open invitation to come into my home anytime they wanted, which is basically what you are doing, if you have that stamp!

TW

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

Casull said:
How about this one:

Actually N.Y. Is so far bassackward that we've almost backed into a general or two. Can't hardly even look at a handgun in this state without gettin on some watchdog list. And I have a federal permit to carry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread