My Son in a Barbie Jeep--NO WAY!!!

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
So my wife calls me and tells me that her sister gave her a "Power Wheels" Jeep for our son Zach. Wait a minute, I've seen that thing. Isn't it a pink and purple Barbie Jeep?

Yep that's the one. I get home to find him washing it in the back yard.

IMG_1850.jpg

He already loves the stupid thing, and as much as I want to, I can't throw it in the trash in the middle of the night like I had originally planned.

What to do? Well, I decided to load the thing up in the back of my pickup, stop by and pick up some rattle cans and beer and then head over to my buddy Nick's house. tearing it apart took about 5 minutes, I wish real cars were like that...

sgtlathim002.jpg

We started by drinking some beer, then we started painting the bottom black:

sgtlathim003.jpg

We then painted the top olive drab and the bumper, rollbar and windshield frame black. It ended up looking like this when we were done:

sgtlathim004.jpg

sgtlathim008.jpg

Now the little dude can drive this sucker until the wheels fall off. It actually has pretty good get-up-and-go when the battery is charged, it will spin the tires mercilessly when he takes off from a dead stop.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Great job Zlat!

Yah, I'll go for the part about your son NOT growing up confused!

Brought one home for my kid, once... batteries were ded.

Found out they were expensive!

So I took the Sawzall to the hood and we dropped in a 12v auto battery and re-wired it.

LoL He was ALL over town on that thing! (Very small town...)

Best,
rmptr

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome no identity problems for him. When daughter was little took a bike ( I Know the bar) but a friend did the same in reverse for her it went from blak to pink! :icon_sunny:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's hilarious, and a DANG good job!!
Way to be a good dad... :thumbsup:

Bran <><

OP
OP
zlathim

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I ordered some stencils on line and personalized it a little bit:

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

I've been doing a little research, and I'm gonna upgrade it to 18volt. from what I've seen on youtube, a kid can turn doughnuts on flat concrete with that upgrade.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang man, that's pretty hardcore... I really wish more parents thought like you do and realize that putting your own time into something, even if it's not brand new, probably has more impact on a kid than anything else.
I wish my dad was a little more creative like that. :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
zlathim

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
godisnum1 said:
Dang man, that's pretty hardcore... I really wish more parents thought like you do and realize that putting your own time into something, even if it's not brand new, probably has more impact on a kid than anything else.
I wish my dad was a little more creative like that. :)

Bran <><

Thanks Bran- It has been a blast to tinker with this thing so far. Now I get to upgrade the power supply and make it faster! (rubs the palms of his hands together menacingly.....mmmmmyeaaa)

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Three things, first off I'm jelous, kids have the coolest toys nowadays. :tongue3:
Secondly, More power, aaaarrrrrgggggghhhh aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh ! 8)
Third ly you are gonna eventually give it back to your son to play with aren't you ? :D :wink: ;D

S

stefen

zlathim said:
I've been doing a little research, and I'm gonna upgrade it to 18volt. from what I've seen on youtube, a kid can turn doughnuts on flat concrete with that upgrade.

Try using a 24V battery similar to those used in Porsche 911's...

OP
OP
zlathim

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
stefen said:
zlathim said:

Try using a 24V battery similar to those used in Porsche 911's...

From what I've read, 24 volt is sizzlingly fast, but destroys the gearboxes. 18 volt seems to be about right.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nice job! now the boy wont be the laughing stock of the play ground!! lol! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions