Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    us
    Feb 2006
    GARRETT PRO
    924 times

California Cell Phone Use in Vehicles

A new law will go into effect beginning the 1st of July whereby hands-on cell phone use while operating a vehicle will be illegal.

Numerous ear-mounted cell phones and hands-free phone receivers mounted on sun-visors, dashboards or windshield will be permitted.

Personally, I think that the ear-type cell phone looks funny, if not, totally ridiculous.

Hopefully, someday a better and more efficient cell phone will be invented and marketed to the public...maybe a little better than the Maxwell Smart shoe-phone.

I told a friend the other day who was wearing an EarPhone that AT & T was working on an 'Under-The-Skin' implant similar to the birth control pill. In fact, AT & T is working on a suppository-phone so he could talk to other A$$holes.
    The more one learns the more he understands his ignorance. I am simply an ignor ant man trying to lessen his ignorance
    Those with the most birthdays live the longest

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    8 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: California Cell Phone Use in Vehicles

press #2 for voice mail
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

us
    May 2008
    lakelinden mi
    MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
    314 times

Thats funny
    I hate to discriminate but some times you have too!

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1960 times

I think there should be a bounty on drivers that use a cell phone while driving.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

Apr 2008
    central new york
    2 compass coin pros

yeah,i got one and do not talk and drive. bad enough when on an ambulance/fire call and on a hand held radio trying to get directions and keep the program headed in the right perspective. with work we are on ny state thruway a lot. about one in five are on a phone. one lady had a phone on her shoulder, a cup of coffee in one hand with that wrist holding the wheel while shuffling papers on her steering wheel with the other hand! she blew by our work truck 80 or more. we were doing 75. crazy!
    if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!

us
    Mar 2008
    nw pa
    bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
    2 times

I know someone in Mi that pulled over to use there phone a cop pulled up asked what the problem was she told him just pulled over to make a call he said dont do that.

Feb 2007
    N OC CA
    Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
    2 times

Ryan seems to be trying to turn on the charm after the direct approach failed.

I still get belly laughs when I see people talking to steering wheels and cereal boxes. Can't see the earbud gizmo so they just look nuts.
    Truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but, in the end, there it is.

us
    Oct 2006
    348 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I ain't got no phone so i guess i cant break that law

us
    Feb 2006
    GARRETT PRO
    924 times

Guess I can segue this conversation sinced I am a close personal friend of this topic poster...

Yes, there are people that talk to steeting wheels or are just walking down a street talking up a storm and gestulating to beat the band...

I'm sure that most of you have experienced a persons voice jumping about 40db over normal conversation levels...like the idiot on the other end can't hear

On more than on one occassion, I have interrupted a conversation when the persons voice level interrupted my slurping and open-mouth chewing sounds...short of throwing toast or a baked potato at them just to get their attention...

One day, I asked a waitress if she'd inform a business women three booths away to use her library voice...she refused. (She was a valued customer as if I'm not)

Simple. If you don't care about your other customers, I think I can manage sound control within my environment. So I would walk up to her an in a polite voice say...TAKE IT OUTSIDE.

Better yet, make beleive you are holding a phone to your ear and say in a voice louder than hers 'SPEAK UP JOHN. I CAN'T HEAR YOU...SOME BROAD IS SCREAMING INTO HER PHONE'. Done this also and beleive me is solves the problem immediately.

Now where was I?
    The more one learns the more he understands his ignorance. I am simply an ignor ant man trying to lessen his ignorance

Feb 2007
    N OC CA
    2 times

Warm day windows down grooving to some moderately load western swing the Broad next to me at the light says "CAN YOU TURN THAT DOWN I'M ON THE PHONE" and she was serious.
    Truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but, in the end, there it is.

Feb 2007
    SE and DFX
    1 times

How did we survive all those years without the cell phone and text messaging.... Oh wait the old dime than quarter than fifty cent pay phones!

Feb 2007
    N OC CA
    2 times

Took my family to a festival and as we were splitting to go see different things I set up the time tested meet at this place at this time. After a while the cell phone rings and the kid asks where are we meeting again. Then I realize if I need to find her just call. It's a new world. Excuse me I got to go flip over the record and take some film to get developed.

Charter Member
    us
    Sharing the culture, history and adventure of the American Southwest.

Jun 2006
    Banning, California
    ace 250
    26 times

Hey All,
    Well, I live in SoCal, and every-single-day I have to watch a -young- woman laughing on the phone, while putting on her makeup. Completely oblivious to traffic. She will wander from lane to lane and have the nerve to give you the finger because she nearly missed her exit. Before the ladies goe nuts here, I will be the first to say that not ALL women are like this, and yes some men can be bad as well. But I do see ALOT of the under 30 ( female ) crowd in this category. I think it goes back to that fact that the older generation " tries " to drive a little safer. Maybe it's because we feel we are closer to our own finale. So if the state thinks this is a safer way.... and the law says we must... then I'm for it. I mean no call is worth someone else's life PERIOD!!!

Just trying to keep us all alive

PLL

us
    Aug 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
    White's Vision, White's 6000DI Pro
    38 times

I can't wait for that law to go nation-wide. Cell phone users driving scare me and tick me off.

I can't tell you how many times driving down the highway and having someone blow past me doing 80, cut in the lane in front of me, then slow down 15 miles an hour under the speed limit as they talk on their phone, not paying any attention to the road, then when I pass them they realize how slow they're going and speed back up to 80 so I can't pass.

And yea, they are the ones that flip me the bird like I was the one doing something wrong.

Then you get those weaving back and forth on the road multi-tasking as they talk on the phone, drinking their drink or reading something. I hang wayyyyy back from them waiting for that head on collision when they drift into the oncomming lane.

I have bluetooth for my cell and even feel a bit distracted if I get a call when driving. I cut the calls short and explain to whomever i'll call them back. I feel funny wearing it and limit it's use to the car. Blinking blue light...I feel like a neon sign if I wear it in public.
    Al
    I think...therefore I am.

us
    Feb 2006
    GARRETT PRO
    924 times

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Prospector
    Warm day windows down grooving to some moderately load western swing the Broad next to me at the light says "CAN YOU TURN THAT DOWN I'M ON THE PHONE" and she was serious.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors