Need Help ASAP from Active Duty Marines

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need help from one of you active duty Marines. What I am needing is a Presidential Citation ribbon for the 2/2 for fighting at Tarawa from the PX. My father-in-law was with the 2/2 in WW2. He fought at Tarawa, and it was there that he received his 2nd Purple Heart. His health is going down hill rapidly, and he mentioned to me that he never got his ribbon, being he was recovering from wounds received at Tarawa and then later discharged when it was awarded. I contacted everyone I can get a hold of and everyone tells me it will take 8-12 weeks to get it to him. I really do not know if he has that long left. I was told by the President of the 2nd Marine Association that the easiest and fastest way to get one is to get a marine to get one from the PX. PLEASE, if anyone is out there and can get one I would really appreciate it. I will reimburse cost for ribbon and shipping.

His name is George Franklin Call Jr. You can go to Tarawaontheweb.com and look up the WIA list and he is there.

Anyone that can help, please PM me

Thank you.

Semper FI

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I looked up this website and it says it is not available.... did you mean: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/ ? I hope someone can help you. If you don't get any responses, let me know. I can get to the exchange uniform shop and see if I can get one for you.

Click on "Casualties", then click on "Wounded in Action USMC"...listed under PRIVATES is his father in law.

My Prayers are being sent for your Father In Law and THANK YOU to him for his service!
Annmarie

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning: There are on line shops that sell military decorations.. Go to
Google, Yahoo search,. or SCIRUS and type in "Military decorations. for sale" Place your order and request overnight delivery.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
junior967

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good news. Got the Presidential Citation Ribbon in the mail today. Thanks to the Second Marine Division Association who had a Marine get it for us. It is on its way to my Father-in-laws house as I type this.

Unfortunately he was hospitalized yesterday for an infection around his lungs, but he refused to stay in the hospital. Said if he was going to die it was going to be in his own bed not in a hospital. Any prayers for his recovery are greatly appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread