wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KellycoChick, you and the folks up that way are absolutely awesome! I have always used KellyCo for my metal detecting needs, and I have never had a problem with any internet orders, and I have spent a couple of grand with them over the years. Not to say that problems don't creep up for any company, that does happen. It's how the problems are solved that separates the good from the bad.

Keep up the good work!

Tom

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I have dealt with Kellyco several times and had some great service from them but I have also had some not so great.

I too ordered a scoop a while back along with other stuff, I waited and waited and finally the stuff came in and no scoop. dang, I ordered it with enough time to spare so that I would have it to go on a trip I had planned. Well no scoop I was dissappointed but hey stuff happens. It took about 2 months to get this scoop. I could of had one made for me within that time frame and to my specs. but live and learn. Second was a coil I got for the sov. I ordered it off the site and low and behold it came in and was not the correct coil. Oh it was the one I ordered alright from the site, but they had listed the wrong coil on the site for a sov, it was really to an explorer. I called them they did not believe me until they brought up the site and looked at it, they said they were sorry and to ship it back and they would send me the correct one. Which they did, but they didn't go beyond that and say hey let me knock $5 off for your trouble, or here is a trash pouch or something just to show they care about the customer. So I was out the time it took me when I ordered to when I got it, then to ship it back and then to finally receive the right one, which took about 2 weeks and when I called them and asked where it was they said it was because they had not finished processing the return yet. And lets not forget shipping costs. I had always been happy with Kellyco up until this and yeah I will probably buy from them again one day but I don't go out of my way anymore and tell people who are looking to buy a detector to buy it from kellyco because they treat you right. I just throw their name out there along with some other ones that are good to buy from.

Kellyco does have good products and some good deals sometimes but so does a lot of the dealers, its the personal attention and customer service that will keep me or loose me as a customer. Thats just my experience with them and my 2 cents.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
when I ordered my DFX, I got the package deal. I also ordered a Lesche digger. when I received my order they sent me a cheap knock off digger and the wrong set of headphones. I called them up, not only did they send me the correct digger and headphones, they told me to keep the wrong ones. I gave the digger to my daughter and BB has the headphones. I was very impressed with the service.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
First, I'm sorry you had a not so good impression of Kellyco...Cotton!

Secondly, we have ordered all three of our detectors from them, once on line and twice over the phone...along with extra coils (different times) and other accessories. I am pleased with the service we have received and will continue to order from them.

However, when I want something NOW, I go into town and get it...like my scoop. I just went to HobbyTown and bought my scoop from them. I really don't care if it's scratched or don't look pretty...I'm just digging in the sand/dirt.

And I hope you contacted KellycoChick Cotton... she seems pretty top-notch in getting problems resolved from the postings I have read on here.

As for the internet...I basically use it as a tool to see what's available and then look to see if I can buy it in town. I really dispise shopping and love the technology of ordering on line, however, depending on the situtation...which is "I WANT IT NOW" or "I NEED IT NOW"...I'll research who carries it in town and go buy it. And I look for the best prices I can find too! I don't like spending my money, however, if you have some money...I'd be happy to spend it for you!! LOL :wink: :D Just Joking!!! :tongue3:

And if I run into a problem with someone employed at a store (regardless if it's Kellyco or my local grocery store)...I call the main office (you can search it on the interent) and give them my complaint (but I also give compliments on personnel that go out of their way for customer service!)

I work daily with the public and customer service is my one of my biggest pet peeves!!! If you don't want to deal with people...get out of the customer service ranks!!!

Anyways...hope you talk with KellycoChick and this gets resolved for you...I'm sure it will!
Annmarie

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just came back to see if Cotton had gotten ahold of Dan - I'm pretty sure he did. But thank you all for the words of encouragement and the positive responses. I really am here for anybody and everybody that needs help - no questions asked. And BTW - Dan isn't in customer service either (he's actually the Director of IT and eCommerce) but he's here for you all too. We are both just web-savvy people who like to hang out and wanted to learn more about our hobby. :thumbsup:

As for the scoops, I've heard a lot about how they've been scratched and stuff and the only answer I have is that they're hand-made for us so I'm assuming the imperfections come from being made by real people, not machines. But if it's really something that bothers you - please please send it back and let's trade you to one that looks nicer!

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Kellyco makes hundreds of people happy and strive every day to be best, but realistically - we're not perfect. If *anything* isn't perfect about your order with us then let me or Dan know and we will not only fix your problem, but teach others from the mistake to make sure it doesn't happen again - which is the most important part of mistakes: learning from them.

I have learned so much here, and I have no doubt that you guys will teach me more. :thumbsup:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And Dan got a hold of me... ::)

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Kellyco
Let me set the record straight about them.

I ordered the beach brute also and was told it would be there when i returned to Florida last month so i could stop by Kellyco and purchase it, A few days before i left Wanda contacted me and told me they were out and a new shipment would arrive within a few days and i would be able to stop and purchase on my way to Cocoa Beach.

Well i left Alabama and Wanda Contacted me and said the shipper had sent out the wrong scoops and i would not be able to purchase until Kellyco received another shipment, I explained to Wanda that i was going to South Beach and really wanted to have this scoop to use there and the remaining five days when i returned back to Cocoa Beach.

Wanda contacted me when i arrived in Cocoa Beach and said she would drive over to the beach to bring me my scoop and a few other items i needed, Now for Wanda to work all day and spend her Friday night driving over a hour to make sure i had the scoop i wanted, that in its self should tell you the customer support that Kellyco maintains.

By the way these beach brute scoops come in a sealed box from the company that makes them and all Kellyco does is sale them, I want to thank Wanda And Kellco for the Outstanding customer support they have provided.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you were right in posting your problems with Kellyco. I have bought 3 detectors from them and had some problems , but they always made thing right. But they do make mistakes just like we all do. It is good that you let us know if you or anyone else has a problem, but just be sure to come back when and if they make things right. Hope your problem is solved by now. Monty

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ronald99 said:
Thank you Kellyco :wav:

Hello there! You are very welcome! We are always here to make your shopping experience here the best. If there is a mistake we will take care of it right then. Please feel free to contact me anytime with any problems, questions or concerns you may have.
Thank you,
Kellyco Chick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread