Im done with Kellyco

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got my my beach brute 2 scoop. After the first on i orded was sold to some one else. An had to wait for the second shipment to come in . It came today ,I opened the box took it out an it looked really good, Until i looked in the basket an saw big gashes on the inside about one inch from the lip (deep) It being all aluminum i was a little concerned . So i called Kellyco they told me i had to call Kevin at RTG. THAT PISSED ME OFF. I didnt buy this scoop from RTG i bought it from Kellyco. I tryed to buy the scoop from RTG but they couldnt because of Kellyco. So im DONE DONE.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wow!!! Not good to pass the buck......guzz1

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go back and call Kellyco , and talk to a manager, if you have not done so ... would relate that you were shipped a defective piece of merchandise, and want them to replace it. second i hope you paid for it with either a charge card or paypal, a charge card ,you can call them and put the charge into dispute and it will get mediated by them... any good named company works for years to get a good reputation and all it takes is some squirrel employee to jazz it up for them so i would think they would bend over back wards or close to it to help make the problem go away... i would stress the obligation lies with them not rtg..
good luck on this , im sure every one here is pulling for ya

OP
OP
C

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I Have been there an dunn that, Keven (RTG) are good people, They told me to send it back to them, But by the time i pay for shipping plus wait time for something i orded 3 weeks ago....damnnnn.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Cotton, I ordered from Kellyco and found out my order was on back order. They contacted the company and took care of everything for me.
If you have a problem again contact Kellyco chick.

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Dam mister Cotton, you need to relax a little.

Looks to me like your post was just relocated to the proper spot. There is NO need to bag on tnet like that just because you're mad at Kellyco. I'm sure Kellyco received your scoop and forwarded it to you without even thinking about it. I bet they don't open everything they sale to make sure it's perfect in the box, hell, if they did this everyone would complain about getting an open package. Kellyco was just following procedure by having you send it back to RTG so they don't have to pay shipping on your defective product. Now days almost everything has to be returned to the manufacturer, not the seller.

1= RTG
2= Kellyco
3= You
A= Your item

1 sells A to 2 only because 2 is 1's distributor
2 sells A to 3
A is defective so 3 sends A back to 1
2 doesn't get stuck with extra shipping charges because A is defective and 1 wont reimburse them.
3 has to wait and there isn't anything he can do about it.

pretty simple business procedure.

Now, lets hear a great big "I'M SORRY FOR BEING RUDE TNET".

sparkymaster

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellycochick is not on tnet 24-7, you can easily send her a pm as well as calling the company and requesting to speak to a manager.. I dont feel it was fair to bad mouth kellyco, as they have bent over backwards to help all of us here on tnet ( prior to your arrival here) that had problems.. and yes from my previous conversations with one of the bosses at kellyco, sometimes they do get bad batches and NO they do not open up every box either..the only way the find out is when customers complain and call.. and remember if your nice on the phone you get nice back... but then again, you'll handle it your own way.

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Now days almost everything has to be returned to the manufacturer, not the seller.

Not anywhere I shop. I think Cotton was right to complain. If Kellyco wants to be a distributor, they should act like one and deal with defective merchandise which THEY SOLD.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Cotton might have been wrong to pull the T-Net mods are biased card so early. But none the less as sponsors of this site. Kelly Co. should be ready to make things right and not pass the buck. I've never dealt with them although I've heard of them allot. Seems to me they have a less than stellar reputation. I never dealt with them for that exact reason. When your the biggest it behooves you to also be the best. And yet their competitors although smaller always seem to comeout looking far better when comparisons are made. Kelly Co Chick is not just an employee of theirs that is here just for her own edification. If she was then she should have kept her affiliation discreet. Instead she has that big Dealer tag hangin on her Avatar. And I would think she represents a T-Net sponsor here at T-net therefore she should be the person to address this here at T-Net to defend her companies policies. Word of mouth has always been the only way I've ever advertised my business, and I have the best reputation possible in my line. Kelly Co. should strive to do the same. I see all the time people in the for sale section who are vilified for having less than perfect morals and for shady dealings. Bout time we hold the sponsors up to the same spotlight, unless as Cotton contended albeit a little too early there is a bias in what can be said here about them because they are sponsors. Which BTW, I'm ok with since this isn't a publicly owned site but rather it's a privately owned site with rules and regs set by the owner Marc. So whatever he says goes, which in my opinion, (not that that matters), is cool and is as it should be. It's his game and he can take it and go home anytime he wants and we'd all do well to remember that.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Post where it seems
kellyco is expected to read Minds ?

Did you PM Margaret or Kellyco chick

Before Making this Post ?

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
sounds like to me you live in a very narrow world i.e. one chance you're done.
If they have set up a pattern of action with you fine, bag'em, if not, give them a chance to make it right before you start bagging. there are a lot of people who have never had a problem with Kellyco.
Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Kellyco, they can do that themselves, all I'm saying is give them a chance to make it right. talk to a manager from Kellyco, get a return authorization, and let them work it out.
If you're in a time crunch, tell them and try to work it out before you start spouting off on a forum.
that just makes you look bad.

Just My Opinion

Sniffer

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sparkymaster said:
Dam mister Cotton, you need to relax a little.

I'm sure Kellyco received your scoop and forwarded it to you without even thinking about it. I bet they don't open everything they sale to make sure it's perfect in the box, hell, if they did this everyone would complain about getting an open package.

sparkymaster

Yes I have seen complaints here, where they Claimed
they told Kellyco they Don't want something that was opened.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Every single time you place an internet order and get something shipped to you... you take a chance on not getting what you want.

What are the odds you may have to send something back, or get the wrong order, or... since when you open the box it is the VERY FIRST time you have ever laid eyes on the object, you assume some risk purchasing in this manner.

The only way to be sure is to go to the store and personally bond with something prior to purchase. If not, it's quite simply the risk you take, which may include returning the item for a replacement.

And lets not forget that the 'morals' of the purchasing public are not... shall we say-unblemished? People are always trying to scam companies out of free stuff or something they themselves broke and want to shift blame. (I'm not saying you did, just that it happens way too often)

To be sure... ya gotta go touchie feelie first, then pay.

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been absent and missed this! I just read up on this post and feel absolutely terrible that you had to go thru this, Cotton!! OF COURSE we'll take care of it! I'm having my manager, Dan (MetDetDevl) message you now. Please reply to either him or me, let us know your name and address so we can get the scoop back from you (without you having to pay for shipping) and get you another one.

If you remember who you spoke with that said "deal with the manufacturer"... well... *I* would sure like to know who said that. . . :evil4:

I know some people say that buying things over the internet are impersonalized and you don't get the one-on-one customer service, but I certainly feel otherwise. I am here for you guys at all times, whenever you need me (and I'm not in customer service, I just like to hang out here)! I chat with you guys, know your greatest finds and smallest disappointments, and I read them with joy each and every time! The internet *does* provide great friendships and allow for exceptional customer service. If you'll let me, Cotton, I'll make sure this gets taken care of.

Message me or Dan back whenever you get a chance and we'll take care of you!

- KellycoChick

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I think KellyCoChicks post speaks for itself. Obviously Kelly Co. does have some good customer service if you have the right contacts, which is kinda at least in my opinion, what T-Net is all about. So we see that T-Net as well as Kelly Co. and KellyCoChick, have all come through this far. Will wait to see if Cotton comes back and lets these people help him. Then we'll all have our own first hand experience upon which to rely as to what kind of company Kelly Co. is as well as their representative. Hope I haven't offended You KellyCoChick. If I have please accept my sincerest of apologies, Some times my pen doesn't quite express my feelings. well.

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD Dog said:
I think KellyCoChicks post speaks for itself. Obviously Kelly Co. does have some good customer service if you have the right contacts, which is kinda at least in my opinion, what T-Net is all about. So we see that T-Net as well as Kelly Co. and KellyCoChick, have all come through this far. Will wait to see if Cotton comes back and lets these people help him. Then we'll all have our own first hand experience upon which to rely as to what kind of company Kelly Co. is as well as their representative. Hope I haven't offended You KellyCoChick. If I have please accept my sincerest of apologies, Some times my pen doesn't quite express my feelings. well.

Hey there - NO WAY am I offended!! I see people made happy and satisfied beyond their expectations here *every* *single* *day* (hundreds of times a day) but we're not perfect and sometimes accidents happen. I think that when something like this happens, it gives us a chance to show our true colors. Now, I don't know why a customer service rep. would say to go to the manufacturer, because that just doesn't make any sense. When/If we ever find out who that was I'm sure someone will give them a better understanding of the way we treat our people - and that ain't it.

As for being a representative of Kellyco - I just came in here to learn more about the hobby. Of course as soon as I worked here I took out an ACE 250 and dug up my whole yard. Now, when I get time, I take the Excalibur to the beaches. The "dealer" tag got added to me and I'm totally fine with that - I work in I.T./Marketing but I love being able to help people, it's just in my nature and I have no problem being a Kellyco representative - But you gotta get ahold of me! Help me, help you!

So - I want ALL Tnet'ers to know - If you need anything and have any reservations about contacting Kellyco - just come to me! I'll get it all taken care to the best of my ability. If I can't do it personally, I'll make sure I take it to someone who can. Kellyco may seem like a big company to ya'll on the outside, but inside these walls we are a tiny little thing! I work with Stu EVERY SINGLE DAY - He's the owner of this huge, world renowned company and he works with me - a 26 year old, fresh outta college youngin! Many people may think we're too big for our britches, but I promise you, we're not and I'm here to help!!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
There's always a possibility of something happening, when you enter shipping risk factor into a deal.
You just need to deal with it if it crops up.
...and there's inevitably a marginal employing who picks up the phone!

Almost always best to makes purchases locally, where you can personally inspect the goods.
But we frequently are unable to do that.

Next best option is to deal with one of our Tnet sponsors... Thank you!
Kellyco is so well established, for a reason.

I only have two problems with Kellyco.
1) For some reason they don't carry my brand of choice.
2) They present LRL's for sale without the appropriate grin on their face.

I'm sure the matter at hand will be suitably resolved by KellycoChick.

Best,
Recovers Many Pull Tab Relics

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rmptr said:
There's always a possibility of something happening, when you enter shipping risk factor into a deal.
You just need to deal with it if it crops up.
...and there's inevitably a marginal employing who picks up the phone!

Almost always best to makes purchases locally, where you can personally inspect the goods.
But we frequently are unable to do that.

Next best option is to deal with one of our Tnet sponsors... Thank you!
Kellyco is so well established, for a reason.

I only have two problems with Kellyco.
1) For some reason they don't carry my brand of choice.
2) They present LRL's for sale without the appropriate grin on their face.

I'm sure the matter at hand will be suitably resolved by KellycoChick.

Best,
Recovers Many Pull Tab Relics

RMPTR,

I am certain that when those LRL/MFD orders come in, those requisite smiles occur (just not publicly).

I have heard this argument many times, and I don't agree with Kellyco selling semi-scientific flim-flam, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut..........................Kellyco is in the business of selling things people want to buy. Who knows, maybe Kellyco Management believes they work :wink: :wink:

Bottom Line is that there are people out there that firmly believe that crap works. Who is Kellyco to tell them that they can't buy their desired equipment from them? That would be a bad business practice. Now....if Kellyco was involved in the manufacturing AND sale of equipment they knew to be bogus, THAT I would have a big problem with (so would the BBB, and any state or Federal Licensing Agencies) :wink: :wink:

Best-Mike

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well since your brining it up, I also have contacted Kelly Co a few times (2 or so) and never even got a reply.

Other then that I can't tell you anything since I never got a reply.

I might give them another chance when I need a long handled scoop, but thats the last one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread