sears sucks big time!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1

    Apr 2008
    central new york
    2 compass coin pros
    668

    sears sucks big time!

    i bught a mini tiller for our gardens in may. i had an old sears mini for years and it worked great. it wore out. becky and i went to the local sears and bought a new one. it is junk. hit small rocks and the teeth bent. uh,rocks in soil? the exhaust blows in your face, the decibels are unbearable and the damn thing quit on me several times. i wasn't plowin the north forty. just smoothing out what my friend ripped up for me with that huge J.D. it is an established garden. i took it back and they credited my charge card. 15% restock fee! protest! they said sears policy. i said defective. they said,well, it's not made for gardens, only flower beds. it said bull sh.. i was hot. i made sure every other customer knew what happened, told the manager he lost a customer and would spread the word. i'm not done. i am calling national cust. service and the card company. it's not the 30 bucks. it is the principal of good honest business. the manager stated he has sold a hundred of them. i told him a hundred got @#$$% up the &%$ . FUN!
    if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!

  2. #2
    us
    Lode Prospector

    Dec 2007
    Roseburg, Oregon
    White's-GMT
    203
    1 times

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with sears.

    I'm not familar with the piece of cr@% you bought.

    I bought a 14" counter rotating tine tiller from them a couple of years ago and have been pleased with it, my garden size is 40' X 60'.
    Tombstone will Read... If Silence is Golden, I've finally Struck the Motherlode!

  3. #3
    us
    Jun 2006
    Minnesota
    711
    4 times

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    Quote Originally Posted by flyinguy
    i bught a mini tiller for our gardens in may. i had an old sears mini for years and it worked great. it wore out. becky and i went to the local sears and bought a new one. it is junk. hit small rocks and the teeth bent. uh,rocks in soil? the exhaust blows in your face, the decibels are unbearable and the damn thing quit on me several times. i wasn't plowin the north forty. just smoothing out what my friend ripped up for me with that huge J.D. it is an established garden. i took it back and they credited my charge card. 15% restock fee! protest! they said sears policy. i said defective. they said,well, it's not made for gardens, only flower beds. it said bull sh.. i was hot. i made sure every other customer knew what happened, told the manager he lost a customer and would spread the word. i'm not done. i am calling national cust. service and the card company. it's not the 30 bucks. it is the principal of good honest business. the manager stated he has sold a hundred of them. i told him a hundred got @#$$% up the &%$ . FUN!
    I won't argue about sears, they do sort of suck. Don't buy junk though, those mini-tillers are just that. They most definitely aren't made for anything other than soil that is already nice and soft. You could have bought a decent "full sized" tiller for 50 bucks more. That's what I would do. You always see those commercials for the "mantis" tiller. I have a friend that owns one. He tries to use it for his garden. He forgets every year what a piece of junk it is By the way, the restocking fee isn't unusual. I would chalk it up to a lesson learned. Shop somewhere else, sears is overpriced anyways!!

    John

  4. #4
    Smee

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    4 stroke Mantis does suck.

    My 2 stroke will flat dig! Gotta watch which way the tines are turned though. One way is for tilling, one is for weeding. It will till using the tines backwards, but takes forever. The way to tell? Hold out your hand and partially close it. The tines should orient the same way as your curved fingers . . . palm up for weeding, palm down for tilling.

    50:1 mixture is important too. Too much oil will really make them run sorry.

  5. #5
    us
    DFCA

    Dec 2006
    Kansas
    XP DEUS
    5,905
    50 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    I have a Mantis 2 stroke and it works fantastic, however most of sears products that have a cord or require some kind of fuel is junk, and forget about getting parts for anything, it's 2 weeks no matter what it is

  6. #6
    us
    May 2007
    Western Colorado
    5,868
    335 times

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    Ever since I found Craftsman brand tools at Kmart
    I knew it was the beginning of the end.

    Can you imagine?
    I was beyond shocked.

    Thom
    "Everybody dies"
    "But not everybody lives."

  7. #7
    us
    DFCA

    Dec 2006
    Kansas
    XP DEUS
    5,905
    50 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    well, you do know that Kmart bought out Sears, don't you?
    almost as bad as Black and Decker buying out Dewalt

  8. #8
    us
    May 2007
    Western Colorado
    5,868
    335 times

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer
    well, you do know that Kmart bought out Sears, don't you?
    almost as bad as Black and Decker buying out Dewalt
    B&D bought out Porter Cable as well !
    This really sucks
    now the parts that I need to keep my machines running have tripled in cost if you can get them at all.
    I am having to look into getting all new nailers, routers, sanders etc...
    all because of parts availability.

    I basically try to stay away from sears for tools.
    Especially power tools.
    I can buy better tools with a better warranty at home depot.
    Cheaper.

    Thom
    "Everybody dies"
    "But not everybody lives."

  9. #9
    us
    My goal for 2012 is a dozen Walking Liberty Halves

    Sep 2004
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
    2,847
    57 times

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    No matter how you cut the pie it boils down to Chinese Junk. Sears used to be at the top of the heap with their customer service, warranties, tools, etc. Now they have lowered their standards and have become nothing but a high priced Wal-Mart. This country is sinking fast because of imports.
    I Dig Everything...Even Pull Tabs.

  10. #10
    us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    4,186
    2767 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    I remember when Sears would swap out wrenches if you wore the chrome off them. Just walked in handed the clerk the worn one and go get a new one off the shelf, no paperwork no nothing!

    It's almost to the point that you can go some place like Harbor Freight and buy a power tool, use it for a year or two till it breaks, chuck it in the trash, get a replacement & still be money ahead. Yup. I know a lot of stuff is jap or Chinese made, but it's sad to say my "cheapo" Harbor Freight screw gun has outlasted my Makitas?!?

    Also, from a friend who works for Sears. If you take a power tool back, it gets refurbished, repackaged & either resold or goes to an outlet store & sold as refurb.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

    I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

  11. #11

    Apr 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    3,042
    907 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    I never buy from Sears
    over priced and false advertising

  12. #12

    Apr 2008
    central new york
    2 compass coin pros
    668

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    Quote Originally Posted by RON (PA)
    No matter how you cut the pie it boils down to Chinese Junk. Sears used to be at the top of the heap with their customer service, warranties, tools, etc. Now they have lowered their standards and have become nothing but a high priced Wal-Mart. This country is sinking fast because of imports.
    i totally agree. our jobs are going to other countries and it is because of greedy companies. my wife wanted a pan set from revere copper, a local company. we got one and with out thinking, thought it was local made. got it home. MADE IN CHINA! no wonder the local plant closed.
    if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!

  13. #13
    stefen

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    Sears is our friend

    Through a recent experience attempting to have a new frig repaired, I found that all calls to home servic e are now outsourced thru the phillipines...

    In plain english, Sears sucks.

  14. #14
    us
    May 2007
    Western Colorado
    5,868
    335 times

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    You are about to see a lot of the jobs coming back to the US my friends.
    What used to be a cost benefit is biting big business in the butt.
    I seems the cost of shipping out weighs the cost of cheep labor.

    For example ... the shipping on a freight container from China used to cost $3,000,
    Now it costs almost $10,000.
    The jobs are coming back, they will do it to stay in business.

    Thom
    "Everybody dies"
    "But not everybody lives."

  15. #15
    us
    May 2007
    Western Colorado
    5,868
    335 times

    Re: sears sucks big time!

    Peachy,

    I have been watching the furniture stores that specialise in Chinese furniture
    either find American manufacturers or go out of business.
    (much to my amusement) as this is what I manufacture.

    I have no doubt that it is only a matter of time for the others,

    Thom
    "Everybody dies"
    "But not everybody lives."

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

counter rotating tines suck

,

rotating tines suck

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0