had a great week end! now its time....

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
had a great week end! now it's time....

time to get back to business. we went to a house warming hog roast sat. eve. i felt like the hog when we left. way too much eats and probably too much drinks. great weather, great party! yesterday eve i flew to a fly-in spaghetti dinner 20 miles out. another great day and fun time. Becky drove over and brought me fuel just in case. she had her one and only ride with me! this was a free event but you could donate and most brought a dish to pass. it is put on by a fine farm family and they do such a great job each year. they maintain a 1500 foot grass runway and don't even have a plane. they just love to do this. i used an extra couple hundred feet of it for take off after i ate there. i went from 175# to 180#! soft drinks last night! i hope you all enjoyed the week end too! there was 16 regular planes, 5 paraplanes, 1 gyro copter ( my friend gyro george, we flew down together) and one ultralite fixed wing. Bill

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Re: had a great week end! now it's time....

I remember General Aviation when I was a kid...

Seems like there were small strips in a lot of small towns with a few hangers and tie-downs.

Had a nice one, where I grew up that's still in operation.

I remember seeing an Aeronca C-3 when I was very young... I just lit up like a lite bulb!
THAT was for me! and it seemed so much within reach... I would get me one of those!

Sure, there were J-3's and 150's, but for some reason I liked that Aeronca!

I've known more than a few pilots, and a handful of fellows that commuted to work by air from their own strips.

Never got a 'round tuit' myself...

Was interested in ultralites, for a while.
LoL! Now my friend is nearing completion of his Zenith, after owning a Snowbird.

It would be classic 'pilot error' to shoehorn my carcass into an ultralite, these days.

What a shame general aviation never came about to be all those wonderful things we once saw in the popular mechanics mags, and such. Gosh they were fun!

Good for you, if you've been able to do that!

Best,
rmptr

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
Re: had a great week end! now it's time....

i hope you had a great wknd. seen the bicycle guy?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread