Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farewell, dear friend.

I started saving dollar bills one by one in a metal Band-Aid tin when I was twelve years old. Many months later I'd saved up enough money to place the order, and you arrived on my doorstep in April of 1992. I could never have known that in the coming years the communication between us would eventually posess the subtlety of an Art.

When I look around at my collection of relics, coins, belt plates, rings, bullets, and more, it's hard to believe that almost all of it was found with a single machine--one has never needed a repair.

But after tens of thousands of targets, thousands of coins, and hundreds and hundreds of Civil War items...after the hundreds of miles I've walked with you, and the dozens of streams I've carried you across...the time has come. When faced with the prospect of repairs or the purchase of a newer 1266... I had to choose the newer one.

I never realized how emotional this would be.

You helped me negotiate the emotional turmoil of High School and gave me refuge during my parent's divorce. You opened the door to this wonderful hobby for me--a hobby that has changed the way I think about history, and the way I think of myself.

Dear friend, it's been wonderful. All of the incredible adventures we've tackled, the wonderful people we've met, the strange and beautiful places we've been, and the Great Finds we've made...I will hold these memories with me forever.

Goodbye.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad that its time to say goodbye, hoping that it will rest in peace in a place of honor above your computor ? Maybe ? or above a bookcase ect?

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roadquest said:
I will give your old 1266 X a good home ;D

Thanks for the offer, but it's already sold. I'm mailing it out to its new home tomorrow. :-\ The issue with the machine isn't even the electronics--it's a little structural one (from so much use). She still has more digging to do.

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the machine he is referring to............

Attachments

• COMPLETE.jpg
    COMPLETE.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 320

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
carry on brave soldier
carry on
*sniffle*

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
it's gotta be worse than loosing your dog. or a friend or family member. Bill./ for me, my dog. p.s. let the old dog teach the new dog tricks!

Jul 27, 2008
wow man that was deep,,,,i can relate i love this hobby, There is no feeling in the world like finding treasure and you're detector starts to become a loyal and trusted companion. I hope your new one provides the same satisfaction as your old friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions