Where can I buy a simple tacking device for my dog.

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need a device to find my dog. When we are out in the woods, He will
wonder off, and can't find his way back to me. The people that owned him
before I got him, beat him in the head with broom handles. I think this has
something to do with him losing his since of directions.
I have had him for about 5 years, he travels with me, when I am working on
projects in other states.
Anyway, I saw a commercial on TV that has a woman in a park with her children,
her son wonders off, she dumps her pocketbook on the ground, and grabs a small
device, it must be batter operated. She follows the direction on it and finds her son.
I'm thinking, I could use this with my dog. Doe's anyone know where I can buy one
of the devices she is using.
I know I maybe over protective, but I love my dog. Any help would be appreciated.

Roadquest

auprospector44

Jan 8, 2008
Hi
Although it is a pricey item, Cabela's sporting goods has the following listed on their website: Garmin® Astro GPS Dog Tracking System priced at 599.99
I am seriously considering it as my red healer has run of twice. he first time she wandered around the hills for 9 days before showing up at a gold mine where one of the miners called regarding the lost dog ad I placed in the newpaper. The nice thing about this model is it can be used as a regular gps receiver.
Hope that helps.
auprospector 44

MSgtUSAF

Mar 8, 2006
I think your asking about the Kid Tracker, the range is 200 yards barring obstructions.

I tried there website and my anti virus kept freaking out and wouldnt let it load, anyway I found the following

http://www.securebaby.com/sbloc8-pl.html
Loc8tor Plus - Child Locator & Alert System
List Price: $169.99
Our Price: $159.95

Part #: SBLOC8-PL

Its a lot cheaper that anything else I have seen, but I wonder if trees or hills will affect its performance.

MSgt

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I don't have a website but i was reading about some sort of pet tracker that only cost about $25. That might be one that you could use. To be that cheap it would need to be something like onstar or loadjack where you call them and they track it down for you with their satellite. siegfried schlagrule

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
my buddie uses a locater on his field trial dog. all it is, is a collar that beeps when he pushes the locate button.
sorry but I don't know where he bought it

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
One very specific treat, that your dog really really loves, and ONLY gets after you whistle the special tune and he sits at your feet. Then reward with the treat and lots of praise. Your whistle can be heard several blocks away, further in the woods. If possible, try to stand upwind when you can. Your dog is scenting you even thought you don't realize it.

When you whistle, for recall only, he gets the special treat upon arrival, along with lots of praise.

This will work on most brain damaged dogs, and children.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
My Yorkie is chipped. I seldom let him outdoors but there is always that chance he could run out the door.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread